Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm not all that excited, but then I'm not sure what exactly COULD get me all that excited. I will be playing it of course.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I wish they explained more about the warfronts. But I am willing to wait!

Did distributing pamphlets in dalaran become boring?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    Sometimes it’s all you need
    Accounts like jaz her are reasons why I wish we had upvote down vote. So we could down vote people who make posts like this. And eventually get them to a point where they need to make some good qaulity threads, to raise their rank enough to post again without the thread having a minus 1000 score, making no one want to enter.

Making a doomsayer thread with 0 research 0 premise. And hell no content. You literally looked at the name of the expansion, and the cinematic and went "this games fucking dead, WoD was amazing, y'all are idiots."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I'm not all that excited, but then I'm not sure what exactly COULD get me all that excited. I will be playing it of course.
    Same. I have been playing for 13 years, in a few more years more then 3/4 of my life. (21 right now) so not much they can add that will blow me out of the water and make me super hype.

Warfronts do look Really! Fun though. I hope they add multiple difficulties, and make it so at least gear wise it equals to heroic raiding, cause I would love to have Tuesday/Thursday raid. And Saturday night warfronts!
    But there is still a lot more to know about them. And class changes are going to be huge for me. (Demo lock since vanilla) I am confused why no one asked about warlock spell effects? Still no news about that...

Also made this awhile back. Thought I might share with mmochamp. I shared with the finalbosstv community. But thought y'all might like a new meme.

Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-11-07 at 12:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    i would argue that most players dont know really much about the warcraft lore, and dont really care much about it anyway.
    so as long as there are raids and dungeons with shiny loot (and there will be) there wont be an real issue with the theme.
    there are also coming new features like warfronts and those isles szenarios, you will have more pve content than in legion.
    also the features like level scaling and other quality of live improvements that are coming, that will help not just in the next exp,
    but also in a long run. alting is such a big part of the gameplay, making it less of a shitty experience will certainly help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post

Only thing I don't like (and I'm sure they won't bring it in 8.0) is lack of class only stuff. Seems like this time we only need 2 characters to experience whole content.
    Outside of Legion, when have you really needed more than two? There have only been a handful of class specific stuff outside of legion like mounts, legendaries, green fire, and nothing was really missed for the overall story/experience if you didn't do them.

so everyone saw the reveal yesterday, and it looks like Blizzard is taking WoW back on a very, very bad path again.

An expansion without a major enemy that is only about Alliance vs. Horde? How is that going to work in a mainly PvE focused game? It's not gonna. Island hopping sounds boring and will get old really fast. Looks like MoP scenarios, which were horrible.

And this whole one continent for Alliance, one for Horde? Then where are the dungeons and raids are going to be? Which enemies are we going to fight?

Basically we got an expansion with subraces (oh, great, what an incredible feature!), boring island scenarios and no major enemy to fight but lots of bad PvP. Wow! Great job Blizzard! Sub numbers are gonna tank hard once the excitement for vanilla servers diminishes
    are you on drugs? there's plenty of major enemies lol. One of them is one u met in Legion.. and seeing you whine about something you know nothing about is funny. from what they have shown for BFA is that its already larger then Wod and very closely sized to Legion. This expansion is about War between Aliliance and Horde and Old gods, and more personal stories with the two current leaders

10+ Year Old Account
    The faction war clearly leads into something bigger. It's a pretty obvious build up that allows them to "go back to the basics of warcraft" but still move the plot forward in a way. We know Azshara will be involved, which means Old Gods and Void lord, so this expansion is more than just Horde vs Alliance.

Also, Battle For Azeroth can be interpreted in a lot of ways.

Great to see the "It will fail" threads coming up less than a week after Blizzcon though.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The announcement itself wasn't presented as well as was Legion.
    They rushed it. For some reason, Blizz had shown us the cinematic (dafuq, why?), revealing the name of expansion. Then they were like "ok, fine, show them features video". It looked like somebody forced them to announce it...

The way they revealed Azshara was like "omg, people are not interested.. stop panicking... STOP PANICKING! Idea. Azshara!"
    Honestly, they shoudn't had revealed the wild card like that, and they didnt have to do so back in Pandaria with Garrosh!

People were speculating that this was gonna be an old gods expansion. Well, honestly, i think it IS an old gods expansion.
    Although it is quite obvious to most lore and story fans, some other people might really only see the AvH set...
    Actually, if they had shown us Nyalotha, Nazjatar etc... this would be like "YEAH, OLD GODS!" But revealing it like that would play out of old gods character.
    What we know? Il'gynoth and Xal'atath were hinting us about "her" and only since the very beginning of Legion.
    Sargeras wounded Silithus, perhaps it means something more, than just a place blizz are not afraid to destroyed since it almost useless.
    Azshara is in!
    It is quite natural for old gods though, to manipulate whole civilizations.
    After all those hints, and all we've experienced and know.. do you guys really think that it is that simple that horde and alliance BURN each other after everything?
    Maybe Genn and Sylvannas are (though, i think Sylvannas doesn't give a damn about Genn), but others... why? It makes no sense. I don't think blizzard are that stupid and you guys know nothing yet.
    Announcement was poor, but big things are coming

Deleted
    This doom say bullshit really sucks the life out of gaming in general for me. I really enjoy lurking these forums but I just take few weeks/months break every time we get some new expansion details.

I don't get why you people are so set on destroying everyone fun they have with this game.
    I understand you don't like certain things but there is really no need for 20 topics made by the same 50 people over and over again with an endless stream of moaning about it.

So far we had a very small amount of information, there are some really cool things like sub races (that people have been asking for for years), a new "grind" that was said wasn't going to be the same grind as we had in Legion, some new things like warfronts and the islands that we did not get told to much about yet and a lot of the old stuff is sticking around like Mythic + and WQ's.
    We also have legendaries & order hall stuff disappearing like a lot of people asked for.

These are good things and bad things for people but we have such a small limited part of the puzzle that it makes 0 sense to jump to conclusions to moan and whine or even to hype things up.

Guess i'll start my hiatus from the forums again, really cba with all this nonsense. All it does is bring me down.
    Last edited by mmoc8b9477f07c; 2017-11-07 at 01:33 PM.

Deleted
    Calling it now, an independent group of horde members distrust sylvanas as leader of the horde so the set out to re spark to conflict between horde and alliance by burning teldrassil. Sylvanas catches onto to their plans so heads over to stop them, obviously arriving too late.
    Trees is already on fire as they arrive, bumps into her sister, gets accused of doing it, sylvanas knocks her out.
    Word gets back to alliance that sylvanas was spotted at the scene of the crime, greymaine convinces anduin to strike back.
    Old God's feed of chaos thus sparking their return

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    Did you even play Warcraft 3?

The Horde don't invade anything...The Horde doesn't fight the Alliance. The Alliance chases the horde to an entire new continent to continue the war. Thrall listens to Medivh and dips out. Horde is the least aggressive faction in WC3.

Night Elves are also not Alliance in WC3 so don't bring up Grom.
    Horde and alliance fighting in Lorderon before Horde left. Again in Kalimdor when Thrall and Grom attacked alliance camp in Barrens. Thrall fighting Jaina's forces in Stonetalon Mountains before she left for the cave.

Grom fought NE in ashenvale, "killing" Cenarius.

Alliance fought Undead in Lorderon and in Kalimdor.

First mission of NE campaign they fight orcs and humans.
    Eventually fought Undead while playing malfurion and then Illidan. Later with Horde and Alliance.
    Did you even play the game?

It was an all out war that Legion was playing from the sidelines, capitalizing on the major factions fighting each other.
    Last edited by lllBlackSunlll; 2017-11-07 at 07:08 PM.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Outside of Legion, when have you really needed more than two? There have only been a handful of class specific stuff outside of legion like mounts, legendaries, green fire, and nothing was really missed for the overall story/experience if you didn't do them.
    Of course, our expectations for expansions go higher and higher, because quality of content is better with every expansion. In the past we mostly got just raids in patches, now people whine when we got 3 brand new zones.

And I understand that class specific stuff are mistake for content patch when they have limited resources (it's clear when we compare 7.2 and 7.3). But for launch class quest are great, they don't have to create whole new zone for it.

I hope faction campaign will make up for this. It should be significantly longer than class one.

so everyone saw the reveal yesterday, and it looks like Blizzard is taking WoW back on a very, very bad path again.

An expansion without a major enemy that is only about Alliance vs. Horde? How is that going to work in a mainly PvE focused game? It's not gonna. Island hopping sounds boring and will get old really fast. Looks like MoP scenarios, which were horrible.

And this whole one continent for Alliance, one for Horde? Then where are the dungeons and raids are going to be? Which enemies are we going to fight?

Basically we got an expansion with subraces (oh, great, what an incredible feature!), boring island scenarios and no major enemy to fight but lots of bad PvP. Wow! Great job Blizzard! Sub numbers are gonna tank hard once the excitement for vanilla servers diminishes
    Hey guys I have an idea, let's complain about something that we didn't play and have no idea about. Yo, let's talk about shit we don't know, we're kool kids in 2017, time to be offended and fucking cry about it, fuck being mature or smart, let's be fucking cancer in the community yooooooo!

it wont. /endthread

Deleted

The main enemy of Pandaria was build up througout the expansion. And in terms of PvE it was one of, if not the, best expansions we have had.

Plus Aszhara

/thread

i dont really see why ppl apreciate MoP, it has nothing special, pandas suck, garrosh was lame, the Sha was lame, the thunder lord was the only actual enemy that didnt suck, and then u have to play a dungeon with a giant rabbit and his carrot... really?, if ppl like this things its obvious they wont like content about old real Warcraft problems like war between factions.

well the name of the expac is "Battle for Azeroth", it doesnt imply against whom we will fight there, at the moment its hinted that its HvA, but that may change in the later pathces, just as it did in MoP with SoO,

10+ Year Old Account

Not even a week has past and you're already crying doom and gloom, SMH.

How many years have to pass before people stop talking about subs as a metric? Even if they were the metric, since they aren't providing that information to you... you'd never know either way. So we have no way of measuring the validity of your statements. Perhaps if you were working with relevant information we might be able to have a conversation.

Your entire post boils down to, "Ew! I don't like it!" and there isn't anything more to talk about. Your post provides nothing stimulating or thought provoking, worse it isn't even something we knew we haven't heard already within the last week, or shit we haven't heard each... and every... patch announcement. You and your kind are exhausting... if you're unhappy, leave. But, stop trying to convince other people why they should hate it too. You sound like a thirsty ex girlfriend who just can't seem to let go. It's pathetic really.

Sometimes it’s all you need
    lol sure sure