Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    People seem to forget this entire movement got started by the immense amount of people playing vanilla private servers. Your clueless
    The cynic in me says Blizz is doing this mostly for legal reasons; taking the moral high groud

I just find the desire to play a game with worse design being a main draw bizarre. Oh yeah let’s have classes with specs that clearly outperform others and call it engaging! The time sink aspect of it as well is bad enough with “modern” raiding and it taking 40 people to kill a boss with two abilities just... doesn’t sound fun to me at all.

I’ll probably play on a classic server for as long as it takes for me to remember how much I fucking hate vanilla questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fazzel View Post
    I think the biggest concern is towards useless classspeccs. F.E: Warrior was the only Class capable of Tanking 40man Raids. All "hybrid" classes pretty much had to heal to be some kind of effective. Every Alliance Priest will be Dwarf because of Fear Ward etc ...

Especially the tanking issue is a thing i wish to be fixed.
    So, prot pala and enha shaman tank?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    People seem to forget this entire movement got started by the immense amount of people playing vanilla private servers. Your clueless
    I didn't forget that.
    I'm pretty sure people who play on private server want the original untouched Vanilla, but the players that jumped the band-wagon without knowing shit about Vanilla now want to add stuff to it.
    I personally play on a private Vanilla server when I have nothing to do on WoW, but I'd not want anything changed because that won't be vanilla.

wtf is a "fixed vanilla? i mean aside from a game breaking bugs, im pretty sure people want everything how it was just like the private servers

Give these people a gold bar and they'll complain that it's heavy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icechaosss View Post
    I think this is what Blizzard was most afraid of when people were crying for legacy servers.

To the people who want the same experience, this post isn't aimed at you. It's more aimed at the 10+ threads I've seen for the day begging for changes to classes, "QOL" changes, questing changes, XP changes etc.

I'm not here to say be "grateful" that you're getting Vanilla servers, in fact I'm happy for you guys. During this entire campaign, I've been curious as to how the "good ole days" were since I wasn't exactly old enough to enjoy Vanilla properly. I'm actually excited to try it. That being said, I know I'm not gonna stick to it and spend that much time on it. But I'll gladly try it out.

But why ask for changes now? Was it such a dream for Vanilla servers that you guys didn't expect Blizzard to do it, and now you want a "Fixed Vanilla?"
    If this experience really is changed can it even be considered Vanilla? I'm genuinely curious about this, because I feel like the fight before was "Retail vs Classic" and this is going to devolve into "Vanilla w/changes vs. Vanilla without changes"
    First of all, it's incredibly misleading. That's not true at all and frankly, nothing to back up the claim.

Blizzard themselves said they'd be as close as humanly possible to the original experience - the only question is how they're going to do that. Vanilla had several patches and balance tuning throughout its lifespan. It's only logical that Blizzard offers a chance to discuss which way the players would like to go...
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post

Now, I'm not saying everyone is a cry-baby and I'm sure a good amount of people just want the original WoW, but most people that jumped the band-wagon didn't play Vanilla and now that the hype is going down they are realizing that the game won't be for them.

Yeah, the bandwagon only ever gained so much traction and so many passangers thanks to WoD being what it was and people uniting in anger over that fact. Some of the people playing Classic servers in peace before then, were angered about the attention and how the hype got a certain server shut down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOCAccount123 View Post
    The cynic in me says Blizz is doing this mostly for legal reasons; taking the moral high groud
    Very likely. Tho the problem with legality came when servers like nostalrius etc got big.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    Played in vanilla, It was kinda meh.. Good for its time i guess
    Gonna try out the classic servers when they launch, Really indifferent to if they make any changes or not
    That's how I feel...but I won't be playing Classic because I wouldn't last a day; I can't recreate the memories I have or undo the mistakes I made during that time and in the end that's probably how I would approach the whole thing.

Deleted
    But why ask for changes now? Was it such a dream for Vanilla servers that you guys didn't expect Blizzard to do it, and now you want a "Fixed Vanilla?"
    People asking for "QoL and changes" are not the people who asked for legacy servers.

They are random dudes who never wanted it in the first place.
    And are probably people who will quit at level 20 no matter if the changes they ask for got implemented.

10+ Year Old Account
    it depends what you wanna conisder 'fixed' because the naxx patch fixed a huge number of issues to do with gameplay and bug fixes etc so then you have to look at it like are they giving us the entire full lifespan of classic from the getgot or will they patch it from the beginning like patching in dungeons like they did back then etc, because there's a lot of changes they could apply from the start that weren't present at the start of the game that came years later into its lifespan, on the other hand, there are a few QoL changes that need to be made, having flight points fixed so they take you the full distance and not force you to keep moving from point to point, having updated textures/models is also a must, these things had absolutely no bearing on gameplay, mainly because at this point it would actually be harder for them to make the old circ 2003 level models than what they use today, furthermore if they use all the current art assets available to them it will cut down development time and get it out to players quicker if they don't need to waste time rebuilding every tiny detail, there's a few other minor things that need to be done to things like the map/quest log etc that could be tidied up properly but all in all that's all the things i personally think that need to be adjusted, everything else to be the same as it was, gonna look forward to see how blizz handle it and what they eventually set their sights upon as being the 'classic' experience.

Just Vanilla

DONT
    TOUCH
    IT

If we get some kind of pristine server I'm going to be very pissed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixxit the Gnome View Post
    I'm on board if they capture the essence of vanilla. Going back to what it used to be is probably not as fun as I'd like it to be. All I really want is the old Teldrassil and Ashenvale back.

And a warrior where I need to level up my weapon skills.
    "The essence of vanilla" is one of those concepts that's going to differ for everyone. Better that they just avoid the essence and do it like it was.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I think this is what Blizzard was most afraid of when people were crying for legacy servers.

To the people who want the same experience, this post isn't aimed at you. It's more aimed at the 10+ threads I've seen for the day begging for changes to classes, "QOL" changes, questing changes, XP changes etc.

I'm not here to say be "grateful" that you're getting Vanilla servers, in fact I'm happy for you guys. During this entire campaign, I've been curious as to how the "good ole days" were since I wasn't exactly old enough to enjoy Vanilla properly. I'm actually excited to try it. That being said, I know I'm not gonna stick to it and spend that much time on it. But I'll gladly try it out.

If this experience really is changed can it even be considered Vanilla? I'm genuinely curious about this, because I feel like the fight before was "Retail vs Classic" and this is going to devolve into "Vanilla w/changes vs. Vanilla without changes"
    You basically summed up the WoW Community and most of the gaming community nowadays.

People who cry for something and when they get it, they cry even more.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Not once in any private server ever have i heard someone complain that they wany X Qol from retail wow.
    Im quite sure that the ppl wantin qol are ppl who are playing retail and want to make classic more appealing to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    It's way too trolly, and quite obvious. People want untouched, Classic WoW.
    I want whatever patch it was that they finally linked flightpaths so you didn't have to stop and select each leg individually, because that was incredibly obnoxious.

Straight vanilla, no lube.

Art by draken4o

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Yeah, I really hope those threads and their creators start getting infracted.

It's way too trolly, and quite obvious. People want untouched, Classic WoW. That's kinda the whole point. For people posting these "Here are changes that should be made" is a clear attempt to incite the people wanting it. It's just bait. There's no creative, prosperous discussion to be had about changing Classic servers for bullshit like "QoL".

Quit being needy gamers. QoL in a video game? For real? wtf is wrong with people. Crawl out of your basement and learn what quality of life even means.
    Yea. I wish some moderators would start cleaning this sub forum. Its just so toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    "The essence of vanilla" is one of those concepts that's going to differ for everyone. Better that they just avoid the essence and do it like it was.
    Well put, quote-material for future reference.

If they'll listen to every voice on this, their Classic server will end up being a reimagined version with 2017 polish and features. And then it's no longer Classic. Just recreate what it was on an objective level, and let people stand for the subjective part of "capturing the essence".