Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    I bet everyone goes back to Private Servers cuz it's not what they expected.

It's probably gonna be polished vanilla with modern graphics.
    of all the things they will do , adding new models to them will be the last.

Deleted
    as long as they dont bring back the benediction staff, so those who were raiding in vanilla actually have something to show for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Icechaosss View Post
    I suppose this doesn't make sense to me. If you didn't play Vanilla, why would you want to change it when the campaign was for "Authenticity?"
    the answear to this is :

"be careful what you wish for"

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I want Vanilla style with some changes.

If you rode around on your Paladin or Loc mount it was usually awe inspiring cause it took a bit to get. Raiders were revered cause it was RARE to see a fully decked out Raider. They'd spend a LONG time getting their gear.

I miss my Hunter pet disappearing cause I forgot to feed the damn thing. And aggravating as it was, I miss buying ammunition. Getting into and AV and realizing you forgot your arrows.....

But some things do need to change. They need a bit of class balance. Tanks need to be TANKS. Healers were the ONLY class who healed. None of this self heal crap. Wanted to go faster in a dungeon, you called on a Hunter. DPS actually DPS'ed but again wasn't even fun with a Shaman and Arcanite Reaper. Hunter Min ranged sucked also.

But the magic of what it was made it nice. There does need to be some changes but the overall experience should remain

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Oh, you can parrot things and you think you're clever? Yeah, have a look at the threads. One idiot makes a post about changes, and hundreds of people proceed to disagree with him saying "Leave it alone". That's enough evidence to show what people are expecting from this. The majority doesn't want it to change.

Can you not read?
    Clearly you fail to read or be as clever as you think you are. These threads are blowing up because many people disagree, not just a few. The community at large is arguing over what should happen.

The only thing I would really like if they actually did anything is an increase XP gains by like 5%. There's two reasons for this. The first is that there weren't enough quests in the game to get you to max level. You HAD to grind something to get to max level. 5% wouldn't remove the grind, but would make it a little easier to get through. The second reason is that 6 months to level is unheard of at this point. While some good time spent would make it quicker, some people don't have that amount of time to invest but still want to explore the game. This would make it a little bit faster for them.

That being said, I probably will spend the same amount of time either way, so I don't really mind if they do it or not. I am going to enjoy the bit of time I will invest into it, and switch back to retail when I am done, possibly poking back and forth from time to time.

7+ Year Old Account
    op wants baby or lfr vanilla xD

Classic is what it is, and that is all Blizzard should deliver.

They can't and shouldn't cater to everyone's pet changes.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    Which is why I dont understand people who think this game cant survive without QoL changes.
    The game will survive just fine, QOL changes or not. But since Blizzard is responding to many requests for a specific sort of server from a specific time period, QOL changes will only push the game away from what has been requested for years.

Authenticity is really the heart of what this is all about.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    no wait we want vanilla +

- - - Updated - - -

no wait we want vanilla with timed releases

- - - Updated - - -

no wait we want vanilla pure

- - - Updated - - -

classic players be like ......

10+ Year Old Account
    Reviving the Vanilla server to me was for it to be treated like old school runescape. Fix the bugs, balance better, and most of all, add new content that doesn't change the vanilla gamestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Wow, three times in a row you repeat what I say. Safe to surmise you can't think for yourself. The threads are blowing up because people don't want it to change. You'd know that if you skimmed them. As it appears, reading is a tall order for you.

Your pool of thoughts is a bit too shallow to keep up with me.

Cheers to keeping Vanilla the same. Only trolls want it to change, pretty obvious just talking to this thing.
    For some reason I couldn't help but imagine you saying that wearing a fedora and cheetos littering your neck beard. It was actually quite a comical image, made my day, so thank you for that.

It's okay if you can't think for yourself, I'll help you here. You cannot recapture what WoW Vanilla was when it launched. You might be able to recreate some of the experience but something people like yourself seem to forget is that there is an entire historical context you cannot recreate. For many people, myself included, when Vanilla first launched, it was the first time logging into an online game like that. On top of that, you cannot recreate getting to explore that entire new world. For those who missed Vanilla it might be an acceptable facsimile but it will never be what it once was.

So, instead of creating something that will bleed subs until it dies, instead create the Vanilla experience but offer more choices. As it stands already, 2 out of 3 specs for most classes in Vanilla will need to be changed in some manner to actually be viable, questing and zones will have to be adjusted so you don't have to grind levels 58-60 out in Silithus by just killing mobs. Do it right the first time and just focus on the experience and throw lore out the window. Leave the lore to retail.

There's a lot of little things that have changed over the years that makes the game better, would including some of those make Vanilla worse? AoE looting? quest items being shared so that questing in a group wasn't more time consuming than being solo. Auto loot wasn't a thing, you had to hold shift when you looted.
    Class balance was so bad only a few classes were brought to raid. Mechanics in the raid fights were very simple, you could arguably 20 man most of those bosses. Rotations were VERY simple to the point of no skill cap(2-3 buttons tops).
    The graphics were much worse touching them up a tad a bad thing?

I think there are reasons to play the game, mainly its designed in a manner that promotes social interaction. But instead of playing some tired old version of the game that was very flawed, why don't we design retail to have social interaction organically in the world, not just for dungeons/raids. Make questing great again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    Classic as a whole doesn't make sense as it stands. You're taking an entire game and stripping away a lot of content and features for the sake of nostalgia. By the context of Classic, you're alienating a large portion of the player base who loves these classes or races. It makes no sense to restrict the features of the game for the sake of a timeline that has already happened, so throw the lore to the side and just focus on making it a good game with a wide variety of options for classes and races.
    How does it not make sense? They're not taking the game and stripping anything away. They are literally rebuilding the game for a separate audience. It's not like the current retail WoW doesn't exist. And even if they do this, your context makes no sense. Classic didn't have a fully cohesive story. But it had a story that made some sense. You expect to just drop a bunch of random classes and races with 0 context? Literally none? That's just stupid. You can throw the lore to the side as much as you want, but there comes a point where Lore does matter. If they just add in all these races with no context, they're nothing more than one of those "Custom Private Servers" that go to like level 255 and have Naga as a playable race.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    I played classic since launch, and loved every second, I am well aware of the annoyances. Point is, the vast majority of people have now gotten used to the QOL improvements now, Blizzard have also changed their philosophy on game design. Classic doesn't mean good, and I can guarantee the forums would be filled within seconds clamouring for the QOL stuff.
    This isn't a private server, this is Blizzard making a classic style legacy server, so their viewpoint and game design philosophy is key here, and it is unlikely they will want some buggy ridiculous mess reminding people of all the mistakes they made and had to learn.
    Ultimately it is all personal choice, but I can guarantee you, the majority will want all the little extras they have ogtten used to, rather than a vocal minority demanding everything be kept as was, even for the most ridiculous of tasks.

Also when people argue that Nostalrius was successful because they kept it original is nonsense. They didn't offer an alternative. Had they added many small extra features, it is highly likely people would have liked them. Nostalgia is like fucking an ex-girlfriend, you enjoy it, think it is amazing and have great memories, but when you actually get to revisit her, you find out she is a bloated nasty mess, without any of the more modern features and experience learned from your time apart. Don't be duped into think ing somehow it is superior., the novelty wouldn't last long, and ultimately Blizzard has to look long-term.
    Wow classic vanilla isn't for the people who like the QoL changes that have been made to the current wow. Deal with it and move on. Long term development for wow is battle for azeroth and the new expansions, not wow vanilla that is for people who actually long for the vanilla experience (eg, an authentic one, not something new).

Deleted
    I would prefer Wrath of the Lich King servers tbh.

Nothing wrong with having a maintained Classic server with tweaks here and there, just minor ones like subtle class balancing and glaring issues like rage gains while bubbled (making Disc 100% useless)... like what even old games of Blizzard do still receive once a blue moon.

Deleted
    Yeah, there are some people who want mod-cons and some purists who want the original experience.

Personally, I'm OK with some changes (balancing TERRIBLE specs or fixing glaring bugs would be OK, for example); as long as the core gameplay is intact.

I think Blizzard's best course of action is to just recreate the experience as it was, and ignore requests for changes just because it would open a whole can of worms from *both* sides rather than from just one side (the one that wants changes).
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2017-11-07 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Icechaosss View Post
    But why ask for changes now?

You assume all the outcry on what Vanilla should be comes from the same crowd.

Hint: It's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Lol @ the people going :

" I want vanilla but with new content!"
    "I want vanilla but with fixes!"
    "I want vanilla but balanced!"
    "I want vanilla but with QoL!!"

I should mail blizz a copy of that childrens book "give a mouse a cookie" or w/e it is.

I think blizz made a mistake with doing this, people are never going to be happy. I just hope they dont throw a whole lot of resources at this project. Just make this classic server and then stay away from it; watching peoples dreams of recreating their newb days melt away while demanding blizz to make it all better.