Thread: New Hero: Moira

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    yup she turned Reyes into reaper and started the super solider program
    Moira seems responsible for the reapification, but the super soldier program is not the same thing and not overwatch/blackwatch thing either, it was conducted in the government military before OW was even founded, so that's probably not on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    Moira seems responsible for the reapification, but the super soldier program is not the same thing and not overwatch/blackwatch thing either, it was conducted in the government military before OW was even founded, so that's probably not on her.
    Yeah, in her bio it seems Overwatch as a whole was unaware that she even worked for Blackwatch, yet it seems like it was pretty well known that Jack was pumped up as a super soldier.

She received a lifeline in an offer from an unlikely source: Overwatch's covert ops division, Blackwatch. She continued her work in the shadows while developing new weapons and technologies for the organization. Her employment was a closely kept secret, until it was uncovered during inquiries following the Venice incident. Many high-ranking Overwatch officials disavowed all knowledge of her affiliation with them.
    I mean, Blackwatch was formed after Jack was enhanced right?

Has anyone seen anything anywhere that gives a rough release eta for her?
    I believe it's 1 week after ptr release (it was that for sombra and ana) and she'll probably either be on the ptr this tuesday or next
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

She is on PTR right naow.

- - - Updated - - -

She is very squishy, even with an escape.

There is nothing like absolutely wrecking a pharah in the sky with your ult, it has a long range.

When your e comes off cooldown you hit it and she pops both palms up, a healing orb and death orb appear in either hand, then you chose which orb you want to send flying forward, which bounces off objects. Then your E goes back on cooldown. So you chose to heal or deal damage.
    Your regular heal is a short range narrow spray and your life leech is a sym beam that doesn't power up like syms beam. You can hear a moira latching onto you, makes a very distinct sound.

She is more of an assist healer like zen but doesn't put out as much damage as a machine gun zen can. She is best off running behind an enemy shield.

People on the ptr are not being very fun about it, one team goes moira and then the other team goes for a normal build and just kicks the asses out of the moiras, but thats not the point, the point is to try moira and have some fun while you do it. Why the hell would anyone go onto a ptr on the day a new char is released and play a normal team to win? :P
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    People on the ptr are not being very fun about it, one team goes moira and then the other team goes for a normal build and just kicks the asses out of the moiras, but thats not the point, the point is to try moira and have some fun while you do it. Why the hell would anyone go onto a ptr on the day a new char is released and play a normal team to win? :P
    Seriously, PTR is for testing, not tryharding. I'm logging in to test because I've been maining Zen and want to know if i've got a new favorite, in the offensive healer department. Zen bugs me in little ways, and Moira looks more my speed.

Edit: daaang, she has all her skins up and everything. She's gotta be launch-ready soon.

Editedit: and her voice lines are FANTASTIC. "Stupidity is not a right."
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-11-07 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Seriously, PTR is for testing, not tryharding. I'm logging in to test because I've been maining Zen and want to know if i've got a new favorite, in the offensive healer department. Zen bugs me in little ways, and Moira looks more my speed.

Edit: daaang, she has all her skins up and everything. She's gotta be launch-ready soon.

Editedit: and her voice lines are FANTASTIC. "Stupidity is not a right."
    That sass

Also she can pump out as much healing as Ana. As long as your generating resource in some way you won't ever run out. Like a damage ball on cd

- - - Updated - - -

She has a face palm spray

Get wrecked

- - - Updated - - -

Look all the weeb references she has. Its fucking glorious

- - - Updated - - -

Her gold weapon is terrible. Its her sleeves

- - - Updated - - -

SHE HAS A KISS SKIN

This is not a drill

Nothing more glorious than shredding the shit out of a rheinhart who thinks he can just walk onto the point with his shield up with your ult. The ult feels really good. She is very squishy and has no self-heal.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...got_mentioned/

Finally I can play numbani again

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing more glorious than shredding the shit out of a rheinhart who thinks he can just walk onto the point with his shield up with your ult. The ult feels really good. She is very squishy and has no self-heal.
    She has self healing in leech healing. Like 25 hps or something when doing damage

You are definately going to want to make friends with someone who carries a barrier to do your work.

10+ Year Old Account
    She is very squishy and has no self-heal.
    From testing, her main attack has a self-heal component. I definitely killed some folks by keeping my beam on them better than they kept theirs on me, even if I started at lower health. It says this, but I can confirm from the PTR. Her E ball, in healing mode, MIGHT heal her too, but it was a bit chaotic in the server I was on and I'm not that concerned to bother with testing seriously.

Her teleport has some solid uses in misdirection, too, since like Tracer, you can use it directionally; it's not just "forward". It's also non-instant, which helps in this; they can't just instantly re-acquire you.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...got_mentioned/

Finally I can play numbani again

- - - Updated - - -

She has self healing in leech healing. Like 25 hps or something when doing damage
    I do like getting rid of those as on defence I usually use winston, jump down to where pressure is needed and jump back up again to reset. Dont like missing a leap because of those.

That golden weapon triggers me something fierce. Its just that awful. They could of at least did the nails gold like come on

- - - Updated - - -

Her damage orb can't target non playable objects like turrets and does not give charge to zarya

Glorious

10+ Year Old Account
    Moria best girl.

Her voice lines are so cooool

Literally calls people stupid

- - - Updated - - -

She seems extremely well polished. She'll def be out in one week like sombra.

I can't imagine anything that needs changing

- - - Updated - - -

Her main heal leaves a heal over time?

Whhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa

HER damage orb does not heal her. Unlike Tracer and Reaper her teleport does not need to be in a straight line, essentially you stop existing on the map for a moment and you get a speed boost before you pop back into the world so you can teleport around a corner.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m not satisfied with her golden gun as you can barely see it, it’s basically her bracers under her wide sleeves (which was ripped from Sombra concept art). I would of preferred her entire backpack sans tubes being golden.

- - - Updated - - -

On ptr her damage orb/ult feels underwhelming but with 6 Moira’s running around healing it makes it hard to kill anything. However I used it on a Pharah in the sky and she melted.

10+ Year Old Account
    On ptr her damage orb/ult feels underwhelming but with 6 Moira’s running around healing it makes it hard to kill anything. However I used it on a Pharah in the sky and she melted.
    Yeah, the PTR's not a perfect test, since it's 90% Moira right now, but I was chewing up Pharah pretty easy. Could take out Tracer half the time, too; that self-heal is a balance-tipper if you can keep the hose on her.

And her ult is gonna be killer the moment you face a barrier-heavy Orisa/Rein defense. The enemy team will bunker behind it, and you'll just hose them all, while also giving big heals to your flankers who dive through at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    It's very possible that she did something like took the monk's learning on shadow and light nonsense and sought to use it for her own evil purposes... her entire life story wasn't spelled out on her bio page. Seriously... this is basic stuff here, people. Starting to wonder if I'm the only sane person in this thread.
    Get this Shadow and Light business out of your head. Just because something is yellow or black does not make it shadow or light. She heals and steals life. That is why the colors are yellow and black. Mercy doesn't have anything to do with light and neither does Ana yet their heals are yellow. Also, she isn't evil. Did you even read her backstory? She wanted to learn through science and Overwatch didn't like what she was researching so they cut her off. She made ties to Talon and Blackwatch strictly to continue her research. All she wanted to do was learn. There is nothing evil about learning. While her entire life story may not be on the bio page, making stuff up is not "basic."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    Get this Shadow and Light business out of your head. Just because something is yellow or black does not make it shadow or light. She heals and steals life. That is why the colors are yellow and black. Mercy doesn't have anything to do with light and neither does Ana yet their heals are yellow. Also, she isn't evil. Did you even read her backstory? She wanted to learn through science and Overwatch didn't like what she was researching so they cut her off. She made ties to Talon and Blackwatch strictly to continue her research. All she wanted to do was learn. There is nothing evil about learning. While her entire life story may not be on the bio page, making stuff up is not "basic."
    I mean, she's shown engaging in animal/human experimentation and doing risky/dangerous shit because she cared more about advancing science than anything else. Her origin story video EXPLICITLY states that she doesn't care about morality or ethics, just advancing her theories.

Maybe she doesn't want to kick puppies because she hates puppies, but she'll freely stick electrodes into that puppy's brain and fry it if she thinks she'll learn something useful out of the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    The yellow is a biotic field, which outside of barriers are the healing science in Overwatch. Mercy, Anna, soldier, and Lúcio use biotic science to heal. However the “dark force” science hasn’t been named and until Blizzard does name it anyone is right to call it shadow, dark force, black hole science or piggy farts if the they want to.

Personally my theory is that Reaper is composed of that dark matter under his armor. When Moira tapped into that power and instilled it in him I think he got more than he bargained for and now runs around all grumpy and goth master because he did.

there's no "dark force" of overwatch. It's purely a color scheme. It's red if your looking at the enemy and I'm sure colors went through several before picking one.

Red, black, purple are generally considered "bad" colors in things hence why negative things are those colors. It's not some unidentified force.