Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Interesting angle... What if the Nelves and the Forsaken swap styles?

The Forsaken have long lived in plague lands and corrupted places of darkness. What if they get put into Ashenvale or somewhere like that that they'll eventually (Probably) corrupt over time. While the Nelves wind up in someplace that is Corrupted or Desolate, where they've got to try and make it healthier?

Would be an interesting swap!
    Definitely would. I'd particularly love to see some permanent zone changes if they did this. Show Ashenvale slowly rotting throughout the expansion while wherever the Night Elves wind up (Tirisfal for the sake of discussion) starts to become greener and more lush.

Side lore thought: if the night elves wind up taking over Tirisfal, it would not be super surprising to see them try to plant another world tree. Which would be the fifth world tree. Five torches to light our way.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Definitely would. I'd particularly love to see some permanent zone changes if they did this. Show Ashenvale slowly rotting throughout the expansion while wherever the Night Elves wind up (Tirisfal for the sake of discussion) starts to become greener and more lush.

Side lore thought: if the night elves wind up taking over Tirisfal, it would not be super surprising to see them try to plant another world tree. Which would be the fifth world tree. Five torches to light our way.
    ... that would be amazing, but it would need to be one of the last things that happen in the expansion, and decided by the Arathi Warfront...

The reason Lordaeron is being left empty is because the Alliance can't defend it against hte Blood Elves that might march down to take it back. So Stromgarde and Arathi are being fortified to hold off any counter-attack while Gilneas is being used as the new Staging Point for the war effort (For now at least) according to the Devs during the Q&A.

I don't think the Alliance would allow the Nelves to take up residence in Tirisfal until the area has been more properly secured, perhaps after the Arathi Warfront is decided in the Alliance's favor.

Do horde like for sure take over the whole continent? If anything the nelves could just take up residence in Feralas.

I really don't know with forsaken though.....

10+ Year Old Account
    ... that would be amazing, but it would need to be one of the last things that happen in the expansion, and decided by the Arathi Warfront...

The reason Lordaeron is being left empty is because the Alliance can't defend it against hte Blood Elves that might march down to take it back. So Stromgarde and Arathi are being fortified to hold off any counter-attack while Gilneas is being used as the new Staging Point for the war effort (For now at least) according to the Devs during the Q&A.

I don't think the Alliance would allow the Nelves to take up residence in Tirisfal until the area has been more properly secured, perhaps after the Arathi Warfront is decided in the Alliance's favor.
    Agreed. That if anything would be more of a lead in to the next expansion. Something like this would need to be built up for a while, perhaps with Night Elves bogarting Gilnean couches (to use your idea from earlier) while bringing back life to Silverpine and Tirisfal. It would be open for them at the end, and they would lead us into an expansion of old gods. Surprising that Night Elves would wind up causing something evil to come about, I know.

If that's how it goes, I also agree that Arathi would have to go in the Alliance's favor. That likely means that the next one would be on Kalimdor and would go to the Horde, maybe Hyjal or Ashenvale.

No. Hyjal is a terrible place for the Nelves to wind up, or place for the Horde and Alliance to fight. Ashenvale would be better. But the Nelves would still need to leave Kalimdor for it to work as a mirrored situation, otherwise the placement would benefit the Alliance significantly compared to the Horde.

Also, I totally had the names of Nordrassil and Vordrassil swapped in my head...
    You make these compelling arguments based in "real life logics" (or at least make an effort to do as much), but I'm not sure if you're just shooting the shit and theorycrafting stuff, or if you're using these points as legitimate reasons why we may be unlikely to see Night Elves on Mount Hyjal in game.

I'm not defending Night Elves on Mount Hyjal or anything (I don't see why they'd be there, or why the zones would be changed at all to reflect what's going on lore-wise) but real life logic is a bit hard to use as a solid argument when it comes to WoW. If Blizzard wants Night Elves on Hyjal, there'll be Night Elves on Hyjal regardless of whatever sense it's supposed to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Night Elves will probably end up scattering, living amongst their allies as their ancient culture slowly fades into nothingness, their mortality becoming more and more apparent.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Night Elves will probably end up scattering, living amongst their allies as their ancient culture slowly fades into nothingness, their mortality becoming more and more apparent.
    Man... -THAT- would be an interesting story for the Devs to tell.

Nowhere... each race will be at the Warfronts in their natural areas, e.g. Arathi Highlands. The only issue is that the Undercity and Darnassus are being destroyed - which, if you think about it, gives the developers an excellent opportunity to relocate the Night Elves onto Mt. Hyjal (where they belong).

- - - Updated - - -

Mt. Hyjal is the logical place for the Night Elves... I don't see why this is even being debated. The mountain... literally... defines their entire race, so for them to abandon the area is the epitome of shitty storytelling. Also, lets be realistic, there's no way in Hades that the Horde is going to magically control the entire mountain when the Night Elves have the forces of nature on their side, a superior position, the Well of Eternity, mages, druids, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. The best thing about the destruction of their capital revolves around the removal of the atrocious "stump." Rebuild their capital on the slopes of Mt. Hyjal with entrances onto the peak, into Felwood, Moonglade, and Ashenvale.

The undead still hold silverpine and hillbrad btw so no the eastern kingdoms and kalimdor aren't 100% either faction

I think that during BfA, the races will be pushed back to the last strongholds in that region. So Forsaken will go to Silvermoon, Night Elves will go to Exodar.
    As for afterwards, we'll have to see what lands are traded by the end of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK, here is my thought.

Night Elves are nature lovers, tree huggers. Which kind of nature needs love in Warcraft? Exactly, the Lordearon zones. Nature has pretty much died there and desperately needs to be preserved. Lordearon City/Undercity is unlivable so Night Elves moves to the thing that's left. The build a new home in the Whispering Forest. Night Elves finds this sacred because Malfurion Stormrage communed with the spirits there. Their goal is restore the dead nature in Lordaeron.
    -------
    Starting zone: Deathknell (gets a new Darnassian name).
    Leveling zones: Tirisfal Glades (lvl 1-10) > Silverpine Forest (lvl 11-20)

Sylvanas and her undead army moves to Kalimdor when she lost Undercity to the Alliance. As a revenge on their move she takes something of theirs. Sylvanas orders the forsaken to build a new home inside the Blackfathom Deeps. It's the perfect place as undead prefer to live in the dark. Because of the tainted Felwood and the presence of the undead the darkshore's nature is slowly dying. Druids of Moonglade and abandoned Night Elves are trying hard to save Darkshore and Ashenvale from dying.
    --------
    Starting zone: Blackfathom Forest (new name for Southern Darkshore)
    leveling zones: Northern Darkshore/Moonglade (lvl 1-10) > Teldrassil (lvl 11-20)

I doubt they'll get new cities. They might get a small section in SW/Org at best. How many night elves are even going to be left after the orcs are done killing, raping, and/or enslaving them?

10+ Year Old Account
    What about Northeron for night elves?
    As for undead I don't care, as long as they're out of my way.

I am gonna go out on a limb and say that the Night elves settles in Hyjal, yes the horde "controls" Kalimdor but there are several powerful factions that makes Hyjal and moonglade their home and I am willing to bet they wouldn't stand by idle whilst the horde desecrate their sacred lands.

Now of course for the sake of neutrality the Defenders of Hyjal might reject the Night elves as they want no part in the HvA conflict.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2017-11-07 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowful Gondola View Post
    Which is part of Kalimdor...which is now Horde controlled...
    It'snot now controlled, so far only Teldrassil has fallen, and Undercity is razed. There is still enormous nelven population in Kalimdor, that lives in Ashenvale, Darkshore, Hyjal, Winterspring and Feralas (and Desolace too).

It's not a matter of flicking fingers and saying entire continent is now red/blue.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Well...

That escalated rather quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    OK, here is my thought.
    Starting zones aren't changing. These events are purely endgame content.

Sorry...

Trying to get the signature to its proper size.

I'd put night elves in Duskwood.

- Has a Dream Portal.
    - Has an empty night elf area around said portal, where they could settle.
    - Place is pretty dark, is under a permanent veil of darkness that makes it always night
    - Human inhabitants have been decimated by the Nightwatch traitors, and then the Nightwatch was wiped out.

-----

As for undead... they can be put in Teldrassil and burn to ashes for all I care.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2017-11-07 at 10:32 PM.
    Whatever...

Deleted
    It's harsh to see Night elves gone from Kalimdor. Ashenvale, Feralas, Felwood and Darkshore were always what came to mind when I thought of Kalimdor - those zones felt most epic to me. Hinterlands and duskwood seem best choices - Tirisfal more logical in terms of gameplay.

As for undead - I guess they don't really care? Felwood always had some of their people doing bad things there (RIP Cat ).

I'm more interested what will become of the neutral factions like Kirin Tor (and if Khadgar will stay alive to see his two expansion neutral ambitions fall into pieces :P ). It seems they have no way to stay just neutral but must became allied-forces.