Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Then do NOT ask for changes if you don't know what you're talking about. Classic should be classic with absolutely nothing changed about it.
    That about sums it up.

I really hope blizzard doesn't listen to the people crying for changes, they aren't the ones who created the demand for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    No fucking changes. This has been a fight both tooth and nail to get these servers now people want to ruin them? Seriously. Leave it alone no QoL trash.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Classic must be classic, no qol changes at all.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ask for a bag of shit, don't expect sprinkles on top.
    Vanilla should stay exactly how it is (was), with all its flaws, so people can play it for a couple months and realize just how bad it is, given that we've had 12 years of improvements since then.

The community doesn't want any QoL changes, and there won't be any. We want Vanilla - Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    1. Nope, you are gonna walk like people did back then. You will experience vanilla, not modified vanilla.
    2. Nope, you will deal with shitty inventory. You will experience vanilla, not a modified vanilla.
    3. Nope, you will hate switching to a new weapon and will spend a lot of time hitting crap mobs to grind it up. You will experience vanilla, not modified vanilla.
    4. Nope, you will recast your buffs all the time, buy reagents, get yelled at by people you forgot to buff. You will experience vanilla, not modified vanilla.
    5. There was flight paths.
    6. Nope, you will buttfuck your bags with millions of soul shards and you will drop them when your inventory is full and you will hate it. You will experience vanilla, not modified vanilla.

These changes affect gameplay a lot. In a very negative way. Because vanilla was that, a shit game where everything was annoying. Back then it was fun cuz that's how we rolled and we didn't know any better. Classic WoW is not there you let people play an older version of Legion and just taste the fun (read total absence of fun) in spending 5 levels worth of skills points in a talent that does nothing at all and call it customization and choice.

You will form groups that will never start the dungeons because the place is literally too far for people's motivation to WALK there. You will jizz you pants when you get an 8 slot bag. You will be forced to not buy all your skills at the trainer because they are too expensive. You will feed your pet as a hunter, you will die when fighting 2 mobs as a rogue, you will waste your vanish when you have dots on you.

That was vanilla, a clusterfuck of bad shit going on. Now you will experience it, without any of the good parts. Because the good parts were discovering it with a community that was also discovering it. Now you will jump into a lesser version of the game you play and already know, all you are gonna see are the things that are missing, with absolutely nothing to compensate. That's why you want QoL changes and why you want it to not be vanilla, because deep down you know vanilla sucks.

Edit: PS. people say "vanilla was so much better" they don't say "a modified version of vanilla where everything is improved would be better than retail". People need to play the real vanilla and realize how wrong everyone is lol.
    Well said. People say they want Vanilla, but they really want rocky road, with sprinkles, whip cream, and a scoop of chocolate and strawberry. Oh wait I also want some caremel and fudge. That is how I want my Vanilla.

Vanilla was good because it was new and the community was suffering together. Did people forget (or never experience) quests chains like the stupid harpy quest in the barrens? Walk 10 minutes kill a few things, walk back 10 minutes, turn it in, oh wait walk back and kill a different version, walk back turn it in. Now walk back through all those mobs and kill the named harpy and walk back 10 minutes. Walking was a time sink until you were 40.

And people want AOE loot? Who could kill more than one or maybe two mobs at a time? You pulled 3 and you died.
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by Lucarocks92 View Post
    I never played Vanilla but know how grindy the game was and small changes like this that don't effect game play too much would surely make most people happier to play
    Then you don't know Vanilla.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucarocks92 View Post
    1, Summoning Stones at instances

2, Bigger Bags, no reason to have cramped bag space

3, No weapon levelling skills, pointless to have

4, Mass Buffs, 10 mins to buff a raid team is a bit much

5, flight paths, I believe the game launched without these I could be wrong though

6, Soul Shard farming for Warlocks should produce more than one shard per kill with drain soul

I never played Vanilla but know how grindy the game was and small changes like this that don't effect game play too much would surely make most people happier to play

I would be interested to see what the Vanilla players would think of these changes if they would take away from the experience in their opinion
    No, just no.

Bugs and exploits should be fixed. The modern WoW client should be used (but with only the old assets), with settings constrained to approximations of what was available in classic. Significant UI features that were not in classic should be disabled and hidden, but quality of life UI changes, especially those possible at the time via addons, should be considered (partly due to accessibility implications).

Gameplay functionality should be as close to classic as is technically possible in a modern engine (mainly meaning physics and momentum may behave differently). This means all the grinding, all the slowness, all the danger, all the pain should stay. UI-based quality of life changes, bugs/exploits, and requirements of a modern graphics engine are the only changes that should be considered.

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    Well said. People say they want Vanilla, but they really want rocky road, with sprinkles, whip cream, and a scoop of chocolate and strawberry. Oh wait I also want some caremel and fudge. That is how I want my Vanilla.

Vanilla was good because it was new and the community was suffering together. Did people forget (or never experience) quests chains like the stupid harpy quest in the barrens? Walk 10 minutes kill a few things, walk back 10 minutes, turn it in, oh wait walk back and kill a different version, walk back turn it in. Now walk back through all those mobs and kill the named harpy and walk back 10 minutes. Walking was a time sink until you were 40.

And people want AOE loot? Who could kill more than one or maybe two mobs at a time? You pulled 3 and you died.
    Jesus, that entire zone. I remember on my second toon when I was about to start this I made sure I had several hours in front of me cuz I knew it would be hell. Also I'm pretty sure that's the moment when I decided numlock for auto run (the most important thing in vanilla) was stupid so I put it on R, righ there with other movement keys cuz it's just that important to give your fingers a break from all this walking back and forth. (also this kind of walking is now called "backtracking" and is considered a gigantic design flaw, which is why so many quests in more recent xpacks have you stay close to the quest giver or create a turn in at a different place which creates a path. Also WQs don't have turn ins mostly for that reason)

So you don't want Vanilla, you want something that is semi-quasi Wrath-ish in nature. You either want Vanilla the way it was, with all the bad that supposedly went with all these great memories people had or you want a completely different game.

As someone else above stated, while your list is small and doesn't change much, another person will have their list, and another with their list, and collectively the game has become something completely different. Where do you draw the line with these small lists. Something important being changed to you, might be minor to someone else and vice versa, so do you change everything important to everyone and thus change the entire Vanilla experience. That's a rhetorical question because nothing should be changed. You get all the terrible and horrible bad game play aspects along with all the fuzzy happy memories people say they have together as a package deal.

It's a pristine Vanilla server the way it was, minus the disconnects and bugs is about as far as I think it should go. If you suggest this or that should be changed than you don't want Vanilla, you want your version of Vanilla with the things you don't like fixed or taken out.

I actually can't wait for this server to come out. I think if anything, it will prove once and for all that the Vanilla game was just bad. The community and social aspect was very fun, granted, but the game itself blew. That community is gone, and socially many people these days have become so introverted and solo to the point of almost viewing grouping and conversing with others as a disease. On a simpler level though, the ass holery online everywhere today will never become the community of 2005 again. I also think a lot of people, not all of course, will gain a new appreciation for what the game has become compared to what it was. Who in 2017 still has the amount of time it took to play Vanilla, on a competitive, hell even a casual level, in 2005 anymore.

That's just my prediction on things, I could be wrong, and I more than welcome being wrong on this if it means bringing some old bodies back into the game and people find fun again playing Vanilla, but I'm also not holding my breath for that either.

7+ Year Old Account
    You wanted Vanilla, you're getting Vanilla. None of this QoL shit, all you Vanilla fanboys said Vanilla was the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think they're going to cut/paste 1.10 with no changes you're going to be sorely disappointed.

They are not going to sink development time, budget and marketing into an experience focused at a few thousand people who accept nothing but the 2004 MMO experience.

There will be changes.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

A bunch of people who didnt play Classic and dont want to deal with the stuff that made the experience worth it. Was to be expected.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

I'm still confused as to who would want to play vanilla (I mean actually play it, not say they'll play it and then quit before 30). Should it be modified to be palatable or should it be a carbon copy of the original (leveling alts to turn in onxyia, gathering your raid around that stupid flower, thaddius glitches, etc). I can see a lot of the people who used to play coming back for it for a bit, but them getting bored and leaving pretty quick.

Edit: Thinking about it. Probably shouldn't change anything. That's the whole point of the legacy servers, right?
    Last edited by Xenryusho; 2017-11-08 at 12:32 AM.