Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    A more powerful foe will emerge; when we started WoD we didn't know we'd be fighting the Burning Legion, when we started Legion we didnt know we'd end up fighting a Titan.

Hell for all we know we might end up fighting the soul of Azeroth so she doesn't awaken into a Titan and shake us all off like the parasites we are.

Deleted
    This expansion was exactly what I was hoping for tbh. I rather have more of the same, because I know I will be enjoying that (and have for years) then all these new features I might not even care about.

I see this more as a legion 1.5 and I am quite glad with that, as that is -exactly- what I was hoping for.

BFA will be engaging, eventful, enjoyable, and fresh. I have high hopes for it. I'm a little concerned of just 3 zones to level in. But idk if island expeditions occur before 120 as a leveling source as well. Then again as I watched the virtual ticket demos, it looked like it might take less XP to level up than we'd expect.

Also I was a little unsure about the island expeditions and just fighting AI. Which will be fun, but then in the extra interviews they mentioned that you can choose a PVP version. I cheered for that. I don't normally PVP anymore, but I wanted them to do something to fix it up for those who love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Thanks for so clearly broadcasting that nothing you say is worth taking seriously.

That's got to be one of the most completely idiotic explanations behind them developing that expansion that anyone has ever proposed.
    And what do you think the reason for a Pandaren-centric expansion completely out of the blue is?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    A more powerful foe will emerge; when we started WoD we didn't know we'd be fighting the Burning Legion, when we started Legion we didnt know we'd end up fighting a Titan.

Hell for all we know we might end up fighting the soul of Azeroth so she doesn't awaken into a Titan and shake us all off like the parasites we are.
    10/10 will happen

Are trolls out of ideas for new shitposting threads?

pretty much yes. now that the legion is gone they are running out of stuff so a faction war is a great idea in their opinion,,,,yaaawn. still was hoping to get something bigger with the nagas and azshara. oh well guess its another war no one can win, turning the night elves from the greatest race in azeroth into fucking losers without any hope or power, seriously why does blizzard hate this race? the actually made them so irelevant and considering their past and how much they have sacrificed for azeroth. and why tf does sylvanas look like a night elf with red eyes? ugh. will give it a go but im not impressed
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    still was hoping to get something bigger with the nagas and azshara
    You're explicitly getting naga and Azshara. You have no idea how big the treatment may or may not be.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    You're explicitly getting naga and Azshara. You have no idea how big the treatment may or may not be.
    that's why i said that i will keep on playing. but the trailers and such were mostly focusing on the faction war of which i must admit im not very interested at this point. just a matter of taste i guess
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Fixed somethings for you.

But BfA did introduced new and remade features.

Warfronts, Alied Races, Island scenarios and so on.

Just like previous expansion.

I wouldn't call it a WoD since the only major selling points of that expansion were Characeter models and Garrisons and BfA already has way more then that.

However the lack of information about certain features leave me uneasy, i wanna like Warfronts, i love RTS, but it sounds way good in paper then it would be in game.
    Sorry, but that's not true:

Island expeditions = Scenarios mixed with Legion Portals. So you get Legion Portals 2.0, just that you don't need to run to the portal as you probably simply queue for it and then do the same as you did with 7.3, only that it is another island instead of another world. And seriously: visiting another world is much better.

Warfronts = Raids against other NPC with ressources attached to it. Still i think this is more innovative than the Legion Portals 2.0. So it might be raiding plus, but i still give blizzard the chance to make it a new feature.

Allied Races = New Texture on old Models, congratulation, you got a new race. As innovative as... making these races simply available in the character-generation right now.

And that's all folks, compared to Legion this is miniscule.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2017-11-07 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    And that's all folks, compared to Legion this is miniscule.
    Legion had garbage for content and none of it was even remotely interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Sorry, but that's not true:

Island expeditions = Scenarios mixed with Legion Portals. So you get Legion Portals 2.0, just that you don't need to run to the portal as you probably simply queue for it and then do the same as you did with 7.3, only that it is another island instead of another world. And seriously: visiting another world is much better.
    By that logic, Raids are just Dungeons 2.0 and Scenarios are Dungeons 3.0.

Which doesn't really matter, WQs are dailies, but they provided tons of new content and replayability just with the changes made.

Arenas are small sized Bgs but that alone made the content completly different its own thing.

Your major problem is that they are a already existent feature, which doesn't really make sense since many features of the game can be break down in the same way, what really matters is how said feature will play out when the Expansion launches.

Allied Races = New Texture on old Models, congratulation, you got a new race. As innovative as... making these races simply available in the character-generation right now.
    I remember a similar argumment used agaisn't artifact skins.

In a nutshell, yes those are Same models with different skins.Most of them

However, Blizzard already stated that they plan in adding more of those Races along the way, assuming that this is done in patches, we can't get 10 new races in a single expansion and the fact that you need to unlock then adds to the story, since you will need to complete a questline(Questslines, dungeons, scenarios you know, CONTENT) that will explain why they join your faction.Its not just new textures when you look at the big picture.

And that's all folks, compared to Legion this is miniscule.[/QUOTE]

Remember when the Simpsons was running out of ideas by the 8th season?

Deleted
    If you consider the MoP-WoD-Legion collection of Expansions as a rough trilogy (Buildup, buildup, payoff) having just ended with the outright defeat of Sargeras then Battle for Azeroth is the perfectly logical progression from that.

This is the buildup period, both the Horde and Alliance need some intense love after having been largely set aside for arguably two whole expansions. The build-up might be long, or it might be short, but we sorely need our main cast of players to get back on stage and play out their drama. The Horde in particular direly needs this war narratively to allow them the chance to reclaim their identity, as Garrosh's tenure was destructive, Vol'jins was non-existent, and Sylvanas is.. very controversial.

Add to this that The Alliance has had a long period of supreme stability long before Varian delivered his threat to Vol'jin at the end of MoP, with multiple characters having their longer standing plot lines entirely resolved at this point.. upheaval and doubt is sorely needed.

You guys keep talking about the story and the OP is talking about FEATURES of which there are none

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajidehak View Post
    another "Alliance vs Horde" expansion, yes they ran out of ideas.
    It's almost as if Warcraft as a franchise is based around Alliance and Horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    The AvH theme is a ruse. N'Zoth is manipulting the factions. They're actually writing subtly for an Old God for once. This IS the South Seas expansion. I wouldn't even be surprised if Ny'alotha rises from the sea as the 'Argus' of the expansion.

As for features, Islands and Warfronts are the big, new features. Islands are more advanced Scenarios, so maybe you don't consider that 'new' enough. There's nothing like Warfronts in the game currently, though. Superficially, it looks like a Raid, but raids are scripted and Warfronts are not. Combine that with resource gathering, base building, and fighting with an NPC army, and that's all one large, new feature.
    That's exactly what im expecting as well. Im not sure who it was with but there was interview with wowpedia i think it was, that said that there's one seal remaining on a "prison" of something very old god related, and that there's a slow build up through the expansion revolving around that. It seems very much like the idea is the lst seal gets broken or something, and Azshara helps raise Nyalotha from the depths as her last act after we kill her in the raid, with our mission in the raid being to stop her doing precisely that.

It would be a great twist for us to beat and end boss yet ultimately fail in our mission there. A sort of "You won but you didn't" kind of thing.