Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    when i saw the Void Elves... my first thought was "crap, now all the weebs will migrate back to the alliance". i hope i'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Lol, tought the wings was on the body 24/7. So they actually look like Belf just other color then? Seems better to me then at least. If they actually get the Voidform Alleria got, then it makes them a bit better than what I tought at first.
    Yeah, it would be pretty cool to have a Void Elf shadow priest in that case - double void form!

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    So their actual Void Form will be closer to Alleria's?

I would suppose so. They mentioned it, but didn't show anything other than the heritage armor, which they're also shown in on the BfA site, and in the features cinematic.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Deleted
    Actually I pretty much doubt the void form will look like Aleria.

Simple reason: We are wearing all kind of different armor that just can't change in color like allearia who is a special model with 2 colors.

So the Voidform of Voidelves has to be functioning without recoloring the armor we're using by just lying an effect abouve it.
    However just using a Shadowpriest Shadowform would be rather lame, otherwise just coloring our faces isn't fun either since it will me very minor in full armor.

Those wings however would be a perfect solution. A voidform that stands out , isn't just a copy of shadowform and works on all armors while still looking impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethrak View Post
    Misunderstood your question, sorry if that offended or irked you in some way.

Back to the topic at hand, how is floating and monking going to go together?
    I'd expect that their idle floating (if they have one) would mechanically be just standing in the ground and simply look like they are hovering - in other words, they can fall at normal speed and die even though they look like floating, and thus it shouldn't affect class balance at all. I certainly could see them having a racial that gives them a slow fall or even demon hunter style glide for a few seconds with their naaru wings, if the rumor about those being part of the shoulders is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Mistake in what sense? They've given them Monk, because, literally, they could be trained to be Monks. That's not true of DKs or DHs, all of whom were trained/raised in the past.
    Void elf is not a new "Race" per se - it's a group of blood elves that, after Alleria, embraced the void powers..
    So technically you could have a Blood Elf DK who became one in the past, and then, after Alleria, embraced the void, on top of DK teachings from the past, and became a Void Elf DK.. :P

Also, we already time travelled..

We can make explanation for pretty much any class/race combo, we want :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    oh look, a blood elf talking about betrayal. that's rich
    Yup, we still remember being betrayed by the Alliance.. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    This animation is already used by Shadow Priests and Holy Priests with Apotheosis, and possibly others too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Nightborne Racial - "What Are You Hiding?!": Reveals all stealthed enemies in a 40 yard range. Dispels illusions and cleanses a buff from all nearby enemies.

I can see it happening.
    That would be off as fuck, but funny idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Real talk Monk is a mistake for Void Elves
    Honestly, all the classes look sort of dumb for Void Elves. I mean, the flavor of the race is "dumbass infused with evil void energies", it makes it seem odd they'd be any class at all. Yeah I'm an elf with the powers of void coursing through my body SO LET ME JUST SHOOT YOU WITH A BOW AND HAVE MY PET SPIDER ATTACK YOU LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Relnor View Post
    This animation is already used by Shadow Priests and Holy Priests with Apotheosis, and possibly others too.
    It's not unthinkable for it to be a promotional placeholder.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Mistake in what sense? They've given them Monk, because, literally, they could be trained to be Monks. That's not true of DKs or DHs, all of whom were trained/raised in the past (at least, for the moment - I could see a new DK intro area with Bolvar in the future allowing for new DK races - certainly Bolvar wants to raise more DKs).
    I'm sure this has been addressed somewhere already, but the sentiment of this post is just silly.

As far as we're aware, the Void Elves are disgraced Blood Elves -- who, in the past, were trained as Death Knights and Demon Hunters. It's honestly bizarre that they can't play DK's and DH's, considering that Blood Elves (who they apparently were, prior to getting dunked in a vat of liquid Void) are capable of being both.

Looks like an emo fairy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    I'm sure this has been addressed somewhere already, but the sentiment of this post is just silly.

As far as we're aware, the Void Elves are disgraced Blood Elves -- who, in the past, were trained as Death Knights and Demon Hunters. It's honestly bizarre that they can't play DK's and DH's, considering that Blood Elves (who they apparently were, prior to getting dunked in a vat of liquid Void) are capable of being both.
    I believe the explanation for that mostly comes down to the Ebon Blade and the Illidari not quite reintegrating their racial societies and rather staying amongst members of their own orders. I don't think you see DK/DH of any race (safe maybe forsaken) casually strolling through their capital cities on a sunday morning in order to buy vedgetables. In the case of demon hunter it is also less likely they would fall into void addiction simply because they are still feeding on fel energies (sort of, anyhow)

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    Actually I pretty much doubt the void form will look like Aleria.

Simple reason: We are wearing all kind of different armor that just can't change in color like allearia who is a special model with 2 colors.

So the Voidform of Voidelves has to be functioning without recoloring the armor we're using by just lying an effect abouve it.
    However just using a Shadowpriest Shadowform would be rather lame, otherwise just coloring our faces isn't fun either since it will me very minor in full armor.

Those wings however would be a perfect solution. A voidform that stands out , isn't just a copy of shadowform and works on all armors while still looking impressive.
    It wouldn't be that tough to at least simulate the look with a few filters on the armour. Reduce saturation, increase contrast and black levels, add tint to lighter parts or armoud and glow on edges.

That said, it's probably more effort than they're willing to put in
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

You don't know much about the lore, do you?

Yes, Void Elves are ex-Blood Elves, who were very recently made into Void Elves by Alleria. Why? Because like Blood Elves, they need a power source to survive, and instead of turning to Fel, they'd turned to the Void, but were exiled and barely surviving.

So what do you think powers Death Knights and Demon Hunters, and when do you think they are from?

Death Knights who are Blood Elves are DEAD Blood Elves. They are powered by the necromantic forces that brought them back to life. They no longer need the sunwell or any equivalent of it, thanks to the Lich King. They could be Void Elves, because they became Death Knights LONG BEFORE Void Elves ever existed. They'd have no reason to embrace the void, because they don't need it.

Demon Hunters are even older Blood Elves, who Illidan recruited. They are powered by Fel energy. They do not need the sunwell or any equivalent. ALL DHes were created a LONG TIME AGO. If you've done the DH starting area, and actually paid attention, you'd know that. There are no "new" DHes. None have been made for many years. Void Elves are new. They could not DHes, because all Blood Elf DHes already exist, and have no need to embrace the void.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    Void elf is not a new "Race" per se - it's a group of blood elves that, after Alleria, embraced the void powers..
    So technically you could have a Blood Elf DK who became one in the past, and then, after Alleria, embraced the void, on top of DK teachings from the past, and became a Void Elf DK.. :P
    Makes zero sense as noted above. The only reason they'd embrace the void (I do like that we're all using this term "embraced" lol!) is because they couldn't stay alive otherwise. BE DKs do not need the sunwell or anything else BECAUSE THEY ARE DEAD. They are not alive. I'm not sure how this is a hard concept when their eyes glow with the LK's power and you can pick slightly-rotting faces for them and so on.

Likewise DHes do not need the sunwell or alternative power source, because they have Fel. We all know what happened when someone tried to give the prime DH, our boy Illidaniel, an alternative power source. Didn't work out well.

Time-travel happens in WoW with disguises, generally speaking. You could send Void Elfs back in time with disguises. Trouble is, you couldn't become a DK or a DH with a disguise, for what I hope are obvious reasons.
    Last edited by Eurhetemec; 2017-11-08 at 04:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Honestly, all the classes look sort of dumb for Void Elves. I mean, the flavor of the race is "dumbass infused with evil void energies", it makes it seem odd they'd be any class at all. Yeah I'm an elf with the powers of void coursing through my body SO LET ME JUST SHOOT YOU WITH A BOW AND HAVE MY PET SPIDER ATTACK YOU LOL
    Yeah, I'm gonna roll one but since I already have a Draenei Shadow priest, gotta look into other class.

Speaking of which, how about dem Lightforged Draenei Shadow Priests?

- - - Updated - - -

They're just regular Blood Elves.

Death Knights are undead.

Demon Hunters have infused demonic essence within them.

Void Elves aren't either of those.

Deleted
    That's just a way to advertise the race, making it "cool". It's the Shadow Priest animation for when you've cast void eruption and idle. It doesn't make sence to have them hover around like that, certainly when rogues, mages, warriors, monks would look ridiculous when attacking.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Dark Ranger yo.