Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    Never planned for the hardest difficulty :-)
    Well can't say i have but was more aiming at Blizzard.
    They removed the "aura" effects from classes to prevent player being forced by their guilds to play a certain (alt)class.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    This is just blizzards attempt to turn the hour glass on the heavy handed pruning removing class identity.

Group/raid buffs I'm ok with, most guilds have one of every class already and if they dont this promotes recruiting a different class.

Pugs it wont change much it will still be the same "link AOTC and be+50ilvl over the content" and maybe a mage or rogue gets picked over something else because the raid doesnt have it. Big whoop.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    This is just blizzards attempt to turn the hour glass on the heavy handed pruning removing class identity.

Group/raid buffs I'm ok with, most guilds have one of every class already and if they dont this promotes recruiting a different class.

Pugs it wont change much it will still be the same "link AOTC and be+50ilvl over the content" and maybe a mage or rogue gets picked over something else because the raid doesnt have it. Big whoop.
    we already lost at least 50 attempts on KJ for not having a shaman, now we'Ll also lose whatever the class will give us as buff in ADDITION to spirit link, res totem and all the insane utility they already have. and it's not like we havent tried for the last 3-5 months to recruit one.

almost every class has something to make them worth taking to a raid, if a few doesn't give them something, this literally forces you to have 1 of each class in your raidcomp, and if there's op classes worth stacking you'll still have 8 slots left to do so. so it's pointless.

this wont give anyone "class identity"

giving every class a randomly selected blanket buff is the laziest piece of shti design.
    they cant make a class have something worth taking for so they arbitrarily assign them a buff so now you have to taken a token of each. that's just horrible class design, and i thought we were moving away from that.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-11-04 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    we already got severely punished on KJ for not having a shaman, now we'Ll also lose whatever the class will give us as buff in ADDITION to spirit link, res totem and all the insane utility they already have

almost every class has something to make them worth taking to a raid, if a few doesn't give them something, this literally forces you to have 1 of each class in your raidcomp, and if there's op classes worth stacking you'll still have 8 slots left to do so. so it's pointless
    well they're making BfA because it's like vanilla, and like vanilla if you're horde you stack le resto shamans, while ele/enhance aren't a thing bring zero utility and resto brings everything, see that clever design? lul,

7+ Year Old Account
    Good.... bringing back raidbuffs. Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    well they're making BfA because it's like vanilla, and like vanilla if you're horde you stack le resto shamans, while ele/enhance aren't a thing bring zero utility and resto brings everything, see that clever design? lul,
    then give ele/enha something?

this just gives resto even more.

then give ele/enha something?

this just gives resto even more.
    blizzard doesn't know wtf a shaman is that isn't resto thats why i was laughing during the stream, resto shaman with ele/enhance abilities showing, ele/enhance is currently trash with no utility everything given to resto.

all 11 class buffs are currently known, what there's 12 you say? yeh shaman is unknown because it's blizz and they're clueless 24/7 about shaman dps.

yeh im salty and triggered comes from years of playing a shaman dps, #FuckBlizz.

7+ Year Old Account
    Snip
    I didnt say it was good, just that Im ok with group buffs. I pug a lot because I cant always commit to full time raiding schedules so this increases your chance of getting invited to content.

If you lost 50 attempts to kj because of a lack of good shaman player options, I would say its more a problem with 20man raiding being unrealistic in 2017 but thats imo

Deleted
    I didnt say it was good, just that Im ok with group buffs. I pug a lot because I cant always commit to full time raiding schedules so this increases your chance of getting invited to content.

If you lost 50 attempts to kj because of a lack of good shaman player options, I would say its more a problem with 20man raiding being unrealistic in 2017 but thats imo
    I wish 10 or 15 man was a thing tho.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    we already lost at least 50 attempts on KJ for not having a shaman, now we'Ll also lose whatever the class will give us as buff in ADDITION to spirit link, res totem and all the insane utility they already have. and it's not like we havent tried for the last 3-5 months to recruit one.

almost every class has something to make them worth taking to a raid, if a few doesn't give them something, this literally forces you to have 1 of each class in your raidcomp, and if there's op classes worth stacking you'll still have 8 slots left to do so. so it's pointless.

giving every class a randomly selected blanket buff is the laziest piece of shti design.
    they cant make a class have something worth taking for so they arbitrarily assign them a buff so now you have to taken a token of each. that's just horrible class design, and i thought we were moving away from that.
    Lmao my dude, thats what every class specific spell is, im confused by what youre getting at. This system has been in the game nearly its entire life span, this is probably the lightest implementation of it ever. Back in the day, if you didnt have a warrior, you didnt get battle shout or the 4% increased dmg debuff from arms. Hunters? same thing, no hunters mark and no debuff for increased dmg. No shamans? no lust.

They want to force groups to take at least 1 of each class, which is a good thing, raiding isnt fun with 5 shadow priests, or 5 sub rogues, or 12 warlocks, its more fun when you need to get some class diversity in for the sake of having their buffs. It makes it a little more interesting, plus it makes finding classes for 5 mans a thing again, ill probably now always run 5 mans with a Blood DK, a lock, a rogue (myself +++), and take whatever 3rd dps!

People cried about class homogenization, and now they're crying that they're undoing that, people are very confusing and unhappy no matter what.

- - - Updated - - -

How is 20 man raiding unrealistic? There are literally thousands of 20 man guilds raiding. Just a matter of time before people start saying "man a 5 man dungeon? 5 people are impossible to find in this game with millions of players". Real problem is this, everyone whats to be a GM, and they refuse to give up what every little amount of power they have. These people tend to refuse to go to other guilds, and we get this extreme sharding of players across 1000 guilds on a medium pop server trying to raid. 10 man raids were boring af, and you lose the epicness of it when you reduce it to that small of a number, also, you can run 10 man heroic, problem solved.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post

How is 20 man raiding unrealistic? There are literally thousands of 20 man guilds raiding. Just a matter of time before people start saying "man a 5 man dungeon? 5 people are impossible to find in this game with millions of players". Real problem is this, everyone whats to be a GM, and they refuse to give up what every little amount of power they have. These people tend to refuse to go to other guilds, and we get this extreme sharding of players across 1000 guilds on a medium pop server trying to raid. 10 man raids were boring af, and you lose the epicness of it when you reduce it to that small of a number, also, you can run 10 man heroic, problem solved.
    Getting the same 20 people together at the same time on the same night(s) every week is difficult in any sort of group activity

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Getting the same 20 people together at the same time on the same night(s) every week is difficult in any sort of group activity
    Thats why there is a schedule, my guild raids 2 nights and we've had KJ M down for a week, its all about knowing what you have time for, and what youre willing to sacrifice for it. In my case, i work m-f 8-5, and my GF could care less that i game on Tuesday and Wednesday

7+ Year Old Account
    Thats why there is a schedule, my guild raids 2 nights and we've had KJ M down for a week, its all about knowing what you have time for, and what youre willing to sacrifice for it. In my case, i work m-f 8-5, and my GF could care less that i game on Tuesday and Wednesday
    I didnt say people dont raid mythic. Clearly a lot of people do. I said its unrealistic. Thats my opinion. So I dont feel any sympathy for people complaining about a lack of shamans or w/e class effects their raid lacks because clearly they have other classes stacking. There were only a handful of guilds that could kill M KJ before the nerfs so its silly to think the game should be designed with only the 1% as the focus.

Lmao my dude, thats what every class specific spell is, im confused by what youre getting at. This system has been in the game nearly its entire life span, this is probably the lightest implementation of it ever. Back in the day, if you didnt have a warrior, you didnt get battle shout or the 4% increased dmg debuff from arms. Hunters? same thing, no hunters mark and no debuff for increased dmg. No shamans? no lust.

They want to force groups to take at least 1 of each class, which is a good thing, raiding isnt fun with 5 shadow priests, or 5 sub rogues, or 12 warlocks, its more fun when you need to get some class diversity in for the sake of having their buffs. It makes it a little more interesting, plus it makes finding classes for 5 mans a thing again, ill probably now always run 5 mans with a Blood DK, a lock, a rogue (myself +++), and take whatever 3rd dps!

People cried about class homogenization, and now they're crying that they're undoing that, people are very confusing and unhappy no matter what.
    1. no that's not what every class spell is, do you think blizzard just creates 150 spells and then rolls a dice for each one to see which class to give it to? no
    2. yeah, it's been in the game for a long time, and they removed it for a reason. most classes already have something strong that makes them worth taking (commanding shout, res totem, blessing of wisdom, innervate, cloak of shadow, ice block, turtle, darkness etc) giving each of them a random flat buff/debuff is one of the most boring ways to force us to take one of each, not to mention it's doubly punishing to those who don't have those classes in their groups, not only will they lose their primary utility now but the buffs as well
    3. yes, one guild stacked 5 rogues for one boss this tier, so now everyone is forced to take one of each. this won't slow down class stackers, they'Ll just stack differently, all this does is fuck over guilds that don't have the luxury of every class even more.
    4. so you complain about guilds taking specific class over others to raids, but you're totally okay doing the exact same thing in 5mans?
    5. this is not what "not homogenization" means, giving every single class a similarly powered minor raidbuff, actually IS homogenizing in a very subtle way.

Deleted
    Arms and if i recall Feral used to have a 4% physical damage buff. Raid wise it's not that insane compared to the main stat buffs that obviously effect all damage and to some extend defensive abilities.

If you don't kill KJ because you lack a shaman, the raid buff incoming wont make a difference.
    And as always, these changes will only ever make a notable difference to high end players and PuG leaders thinking too highly of themselves.

p.s.
    Noone willing to reroll? Are you serious mythic raiders or are you no?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can do all content with all specs these days.

These buffs aren't a "punishment" stop being so melodramatic and just recruit people that aren't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    If you don't kill KJ because you lack a shaman, the raid buff incoming wont make a difference.
    And as always, these changes will only ever make a notable difference to high end players and PuG leaders thinking too highly of themselves.

p.s.
    Noone willing to reroll? Are you serious mythic raiders or are you no?
    we killed KJ, it just took longer because we didnt have a res totem, coulda cut down our placements by 10-15 at least.

and it's not just a minor thing

not having a warlock for example is gonna be massive, that cuts down like 70% of the raid's dps by 5%
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-11-08 at 02:05 AM.

not having a warlock for example is gonna be massive, that cuts down like 70% of the raid's dps by 5%
    Which only is a thing for high end raiding, in most guilds, you wont notice the difference, as you still drag along that funny dude who only plays mediocre. Like me.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose