Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    just means someone on their team isn't doing what they are supposed to be doing
    But it also means Sombra is dead the moment she tries to go back. And it could easily be someone like Hanzo or Junkrat who can still preform well in odd locations.

Wallhack is some babyback bullshit. I can agree on that. Invis shouldn't be effected by it, and it actually shouldn't even be in the game.
    Not quite what I meant, but okay.

If you don't understand how game breaking EMP/hack is, then we can't really have a discussion. It literally shuts down some heroes. It turns Genji and Tracer into free kills. It prevents Winston from jumping and EMP deletes his shield. EMP LITERALLY lops off half of Zarya's HP and basically deletes Zenyatta (and he can't use his ultimate to save himself!) because it removes Shields AND Barriers. Stops Mercy from using Rez or Soar.
    And yet Sombra just isn't picked. Like, ever. Tournaments she doesn't pop up, nor in high rankings. If EMP is so game breaking, why isn't she picked as much as Mercy?

Why wouldn't you want to mess with Winston? He's just a big ugly Symmetra when he's hacked. Just teleport away if he's giving you trouble lol. You always have to have a plan of escape if you play Sombra.
    If you hack a Winston and run away, congratz, you just did absolutely nothing.

If he jumped into your team, he already dropped his bubble, so hack does nothing.
    If he's back with his team and you hacked him and left, he can just back up and wait a few moments. That's why you don't mess with Winston. Because you're not gonna gain anything from it unless you can kill him, and chances are he'll kill you first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    But it also means Sombra is dead the moment she tries to go back. And it could easily be someone like Hanzo or Junkrat who can still preform well in odd locations.
    literally no one is ever going to do this to you unless you put your translocator in a stupid place. And if they do it will be like once. It's really not common at all.

Tournaments she doesn't pop up

Just because she isn't as popular as Soldier doesn't mean players haven't used her.

If you hack a Winston and run away, congratz, you just did absolutely nothing.
    Winston isn't Widowmaker. he isn't going to kill you just by looking in your direction. Contrary to popular belief, her gun actually does do damage at a pretty fair range.

That's why you don't mess with Winston. Because you're not gonna gain anything from it unless you can kill him, and chances are he'll kill you first.
    You'll gain ult charge, which is literally the entire point of playing Sombra.

If you hack Winston and he doesn't die, it's because your team is too stupid to fight their way out of a wet paper bag without asphyxiating first. It's like Deadeye all over again. Great ultimate when used correctly, but people are too stupid to use it so they end up wasting it a lot or just pick McCree in spite of the fact they are playing vs a team they know would be difficult to make use of.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2017-11-07 at 06:27 PM.

literally no one is ever going to do this to you unless you put your translocator in a stupid place. And if they do it will be like once. It's really not common at all.
    Trap/mine. Walk away and wait for your free kill.

But you're right, usually she usually dies before she can even teleport back is the issue. And even if she does teleport back in time, she has to do it so early that she can't do much while in the fight.

[video=youtube;ovdeSQrDamE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovdeSQrDamE[video]
    [video=youtube;JwTTMpUvlgw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwTTMpUvlgw[video]
    Random one off usages don't disprove my point. Even a few pages back you can see, she currently has among the lowest pickrate. That's not something that would happen if she's as good as you claim.

Winston isn't Widowmaker. he isn't going to kill you just by looking in your direction. Contrary to popular belief, her gun actually does do damage at a pretty fair range.
    No, but to hack him you have to get close enough so he can zap you usually, because either he's already in your face, or he's in a bubble that you can't hack through.

You'll gain ult charge, which is literally the entire point of playing Sombra.
    You gain ult charge that way by attacking people with anyone. Retreating to use health packs does also charge your ult yes, but it's not helping your team at that moment. Unless you're with other players who are going to cooperate with you, Sombra's ult doesn't make an impact usually (It doesn't help that Sombra players try to use it as "Come dive with me" rather than waiting til the fight starts).

If you hack Winston and he doesn't die, it's because your team is too stupid to fight their way out of a wet paper bag without asphyxiating first. It's like Deadeye all over again. Great ultimate when used correctly, but people are too stupid to use it so they end up wasting it a lot or just pick McCree in spite of the fact they are playing vs a team they know would be difficult to make use of.
    The only time Winston would die that quickly is if you hacked him when he jumped into your team already, which like I said, only secures the kill since he already used his moves to get in. At that point, you're just preventing him from ulting that one time, which could easily be countered by Mercy rezzing him after.

I think Sombra is fine, not every hero needs to be good in pubs.

She's fantastic on 2CP, buffing her will almost inevitably push her over the edge and make her broken on every map in team play.

Io has consistently had one of the absolute lowest win rates in Dota2 yet there's been plenty of tournaments where it gets both banned and picked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trap/mine. Walk away and wait for your free kill.
    Did you even watch the linked vods? Has this actually ever happened to you?

But you're right, usually she usually dies before she can even teleport back is the issue. And even if she does teleport back in time, she has to do it so early that she can't do much while in the fight.
    I usually die because my translocator ran out and I neglected to notice. If you play a lot of Tracer you will know when it is about time to move. I almost never die before I can translocate.

Random one off usages don't disprove my point.
    Actually it does. You claimed she is never seen in tournaments. But different country, different culture. SK players use her all the time.

You know what SK also do that Americans don't do? They do this thing with Reinhardt where they randomly drop their shield flicking it on and off like a light switch to preserve it's charge. That's a thing over there.

The only time Winston would die that quickly is if you hacked him when he jumped into your team already, which like I said, only secures the kill since he already used his moves to get in. At that point, you're just preventing him from ulting that one time, which could easily be countered by Mercy rezzing him after.
    If Winston takes a big enough leap you can hack him before he lands because of latency. You can hack him after he's moved out of the bubble as well and chasing someone who is not you.

But if your team is allergic to shooting shields even though they are running 3-4 DPS and you can't be sneaky then yeah sombra probably isn't going to be a good pick for your team.

Did you even watch the linked vods? Has this actually ever happened to you?
    Do the linked videos somehow show how to counter that as Sombra? Or are you trying to use your teleport by throwing it midbattle which just leads to your death.

I usually die because my translocator ran out and I neglected to notice. If you play a lot of Tracer you will know when it is about time to move. I almost never die before I can translocate.
    And yet again, Tracer can do that same thing but better, since her escape doesn't require prior setup and only requires having it off of CD, rather than a strict timelimit.

Actually it does. You claimed she is never seen in tournaments. But different country, different culture. SK players use her all the time.
    If she's used all the time, then I'm surprised I didn't see them pick her in the BlizzCon Tournament (which I'll admit I missed a few matches, but the only oddball pick I saw was Widowmaker, generally teams were picking almost the same characters).

You know what SK also do that Americans don't do? They do this thing with Reinhardt where they randomly drop their shield flicking it on and off like a light switch to preserve it's charge. That's a thing over there.
    Also barely saw Reinhardt picked, and...that's something I see quite a few Reinhardts do. Put it up to save from large hits, and always keep a bit of a charge for ults like D.Va's.

If Winston takes a big enough leap you can hack him before he lands because of latency. You can hack him after he's moved out of the bubble as well and chasing someone who is not you.

But if your team is allergic to shooting shields even though they are running 3-4 DPS and you can't be sneaky then yeah sombra probably isn't going to be a good pick for your team.
    Then the Winston would drop his bubble as he jumps/falls, so he's in the bubble the whole time falling and you can't hack him. And yet again, you try to get close enough and hack him, either he'll zap you, or just ult on the spot and punch you away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do the linked videos somehow show how to counter that as Sombra? Or are you trying to use your teleport by throwing it midbattle which just leads to your death.
    Sometimes, yes, and you have to and you just have to be smarter than the enemy. You should be able to open fire on distracted enemies and get quite a bit of damage on them before retreating.

And yet again, Tracer can do that same thing but better, since her escape doesn't require prior setup and only requires having it off of CD, rather than a strict timelimit.
    so play tracer if that's how you feel about it

Then the Winston would drop his bubble as he jumps/falls, so he's in the bubble the whole time falling and you can't hack him. And yet again, you try to get close enough and hack him, either he'll zap you, or just ult on the spot and punch you away.
    so pick another target to hack

why are you playing sombra out in front of everyone all the time anyway

Sometimes, yes, and you have to and you just have to be smarter than the enemy. You should be able to open fire on distracted enemies and get quite a bit of damage on them before retreating.
    And then from there, you have to hope your team can finish them off.
    If not even pro players are capitalizing on this, why would the average player? Otherwise, you're just charging their healer's ults if you don't finish them off

so play tracer if that's how you feel about it
    I usually don't get the chance to play an offensive class, but if I do, yeah, I'd pick Tracer instead.

so pick another target to hack

why are you playing sombra out in front of everyone all the time anyway
    The target we were discussing specifically was Winston in this case though. And with how in the meta he is, that just makes the weak Sombra even weaker.

And nowhere did that say play Sombra out in front of everyone, the situation was dealing with a Winston who jumped into the team already, and the Sombra was nearby.

Random one off usages don't disprove my point. Even a few pages back you can see, she currently has among the lowest pickrate. That's not something that would happen if she's as good as you claim.
    https://www.overbuff.com/blog/2017-1...pions-are-made
    https://www.overbuff.com/blog/2017-0...inger-followed
    https://www.overbuff.com/blog/2017-0...kpocalypse-now
    https://www.overbuff.com/blog/2017-0...ee-tournaments

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    The Overwatch world cup is going to get boring for me if it's just South Korea winning year after year. Less so much suspense to see who's going to win, more so just waiting for the thing we all know is going to happen.

Here's a little gem from the Overwatch reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...ournaments_in/
    Damn boring how the same countries win ice hockey year after year and soccer and baseball and american football as well. SHould nerf all those countries too

Id like to see Sombra get a longer time to return to her teleporter, it is too short. I would also not have a problem with her hack making your gun jam forcing you to reload your weapon.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    [url]
    Damn boring how the same countries win ice hockey year after year and soccer and baseball and american football as well. SHould nerf all those countries too
    If it was some country vs country thing I would agree those countries should be nerfed to the ground. But the same team doesn't win the Superbowl and such each year so I'm happy... And I don't even like sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    If it was some country vs country thing I would agree those countries should be nerfed to the ground. But the same team doesn't win the Superbowl and such each year so I'm happy... And I don't even like sports.
    The ice hockey and the soccer are country vs country though

So next we need a talon tank, then we can have a Talon v overwatch arcade mode.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

It seems like the golden weapon for Moira is golden bracers you can barely even see in 1st person or others can see on you at all. Wonder if that'll change before it hits live.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    So next we need a talon tank, then we can have a Talon v overwatch arcade mode.
    or change doomfist to a tank...

If she's used all the time, then I'm surprised I didn't see them pick her in the BlizzCon Tournament (which I'll admit I missed a few matches, but the only oddball pick I saw was Widowmaker, generally teams were picking almost the same characters).

Also barely saw Reinhardt picked, and...that's something I see quite a few Reinhardts do. Put it up to save from large hits, and always keep a bit of a charge for ults like D.Va's.

Sombra absolutely gets picked in tournament but she takes up a support slot so it's hard to fit her in.

Again, she IS niche, watch vods of any big tournament and I bet you'll see her get picked on Anubis/Volskaya.

would be cool if she could use hack on teammates (for example armor)

Same old, same old. Team goes flank comp, sits at the 1st choke scared to push. Have Tracer, sits behind our Hog and tries to shoot Rein, Orissa shields and stares at Mei wall. DVa sits at choke getting burned out of mech. Genji runs up the wall just to jump back down on our side.
    Just depressing to keep getting teams like this. Multiple games with ways around the choke and my team just tries going the same way every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Sombra absolutely gets picked in tournament but she takes up a support slot so it's hard to fit her in.

Again, she IS niche, watch vods of any big tournament and I bet you'll see her get picked on Anubis/Volskaya.
    It depends. In Western games she’s usually picked instead of the flex healer, but in Korea she’s run as the second dos

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    would be cool if she could use hack on teammates (for example armor)
    the only things id change about her is reduce CD on hack when used on health packs, hack cannot be interrupted by a low amount of damage 3s ICD (think DVA falloff levels of damage. shit like this is why fusion cannons should have had ammo in the first place)

increase the duration of translocator 3-5s, upon using invisibility it cannot be cancelled for 2 seconds by anything other than primary or secondary fire. additionally, an ability to pick it up and replace it if thrown in a bad spot incurring no CD.

more damage on gun would be nice but she is already very good at escaping, too much would just make her more ridiculous than people are trying to make Genji out to be and more.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2017-11-09 at 07:06 AM.