Poll: Do you still wanna play after seeing this list?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I don't see why anyone would 'forget' what they're getting into. That whole argument isn't as big as you make it seem. Everyone knows what Vanilla is, especially the people who are asking for it.

Yes, Vanilla is jank and lacking of features, but that's exactly what made it the experience it was. Everything you listed is the reason why Vanilla is being asked for in the first place, so I doubt there's any confusion of what's actually going to be missed.

- - - Updated - - -

Vanilla wasn't the gear-driven progression system as it is now. There was plenty to do and accomplish at a much slower pace, and that's actually what makes people stick with it longer than the carrot-on-a-stick system we have today. Applying today's standard's to Vanilla shows how little you understand of what Vanilla meant to people. Gear grinds and raiding aren't the only reason to play WoW, especially back then.
    And then you have threads with posts and posts and posts of raiding being the best thing and the reason people miss vanilla, wow it's almost like people are different, my point stands and you point it out with your "slower pace" comment. Wow has always had a carrot on the end of a stick, what are you on right now?

15+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to it, gon lvl as resto sham or prot warr with my buddy, gon be gud.

Only things ill REALLY miss is transmog and aoe looting.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Can't say I'm shocked that people in a Classic WoW subsection of a WoW fansite might actually know a thing or two about Classic WoW and not only be ok with it but actually even like it. Poll does not surprise me.

Won't have anything to do with a classic server unless the achieves and titles can be applied to the main game (yes, I wrote main as that is the main thing for me). PVP titles, armor, and scarab lord title would be nice.
    If these aren't going to free over, then I won't participate.
    That doesn't mean I hope others have a bad experience. People wanted it amen clamored for it for a long time, but I hope that Blizz keeps it as original as possible. Literally the only thing different I would want would be graphics. Anyone who says Classic is the best thing EVAR!!! and then goes on to spout off about how the classic experience needs balancing and changing are either hypocrites or outright liars, as obviously they seek for improvements on it.
    To those that wanted this and are happy it's happening: grats! To those that are still shit talking: give it a rest.

7+ Year Old Account
    It will certainly be interesting but I will be sure to give it a go.

Let the "purists" have their basic game. Nobody's "stuck" with the Classic server though, they can always jump between them.

I for one won't play Classic for anything other than clearing the raids. My sense of progression, RPG, community and worthwhile rewards all come from Live and 13 years' worth of stuff + new expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    How I wish people would cut the shit with the whole "you die if you pull 2 mobs" it's utter nonsense.

- No new race models
    There have been mods that import WoD models into Vanilla since Warlords of Draenor's beta lmao.

No Quest marking on the map. (Yes find ur shit by looking at sites)
    - No multi pulling (you die if you pull 2 mobs)
    1. Questie or Joanna's guide. Also google searches take literally 2 seconds.

2. You can definitely pull 2 mobs and live on most classes.

Ever seen a mage grind with blizzard?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Let the "purists" have their basic game. Nobody's "stuck" with the Classic server though, they can always jump between them.

I for one won't play Classic for anything other than clearing the raids. My sense of progression, RPG, community and worthwhile rewards all come from Live and 13 years' worth of stuff + new expansions.
    You'll be playing plenty, then. Good luck clearing anything past MC without consumables and enchants. No guild's going to take you as a freeloader. MC, Onyxia and ZG might be cake but BWL isn't exactly noob friendly.

My sense of progression, RPG, community and worthwhile rewards all come from Live
    This makes no sense. On Live you have server transfers or crossrealms and name changes. If you destroy your reputation you can just start over. What sense of community?

In Vanilla you're stuck with the people you're with. Piss off the server and you become an outcast. It forces people to play nice.
    Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2017-11-08 at 02:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest concern really, is dungeons/LFG/LFD.

Not because I think those features are omg/fantastic now... But I think the majority of people who are going to come to the Vanilla server are a select few. You aren't going to see your guild in Legion move to Classic. It's gonna be like, two people from any one guild, and lots of individual people. That, paired with a likely much lower general population per server, is going to make runs extremely hard to do. Unless each server bands together into some kind of time-zone based guild or something.

I loved WoW back then because it was with all my friend. 95% of those people don't even play wow anymore, let alone would want to play classic.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    So to make sure people actually wanna play Vanilla, let's give you all a list on what you will lose when you play a vanilla server.

- No Transmog - lol.
    - No Achievements - Won't miss them.
    - No unique mounts - Okay? o.o.
    - No DK/Monk/DH (Shaman and paladin faction restricted) - Thank GOD.
    - No Blood elf/Draenei/Panda/Worgen/Goblin - ily BE but bye ;-;.
    - No LFD/LFR - Thank CHRIST, a COMMUNITY once again.
    - No Flying - could care less, Vanilla wow is actually designed well, it's not Argus.
    - No Quest marking on the map. (Yes find ur shit by looking at sites) - Vanilla has addons so..
    - No multi pulling (you die if you pull 2 mobs) - You can still multi pull, you just have to use CC that you haven't had to use in 5 years.
    - No easy gear - Nope, you want it, you earn it.
    - No easy leveling - leveling isn't hard, it's long and kind of tedious, big difference.
    - No Brawl - No care.
    - No Scenarios - No care.
    - No new race models - I'm sure people will find ways to use WoD models just as they've done for 1.12.1 clients.
    - No small details (opening map, ur face looking at the target persons etc) - could care less, I'm playing a game, not looking at my character's face to see it's head turned to my target, looks autistic anyways

And alot more. Are you willing to let go off all of this and actually play vanilla as you thought you would?
    Just wondering on how many forgot on how much you will actually lose, when you go for vanilla.
    -

I've not cared about losing this ever since I started on Nostalrius. Come on Blizzard, mommy hungryyyyyyyyyy
    Last edited by Laqweeta; 2017-11-08 at 02:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No mount until 40. Yes, 40. No, you will not level to 40 all that fast if it's true to the experience.
    No epic mount until 60.
    Spell ranks.

and more.

Some of that is what made WoW attractive. it was a big deal to get your mount at 40. Now, people have hundreds of mounts, but then you got that first one and it was like being set free.

We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    And then you have threads with posts and posts and posts of raiding being the best thing and the reason people miss vanilla, wow it's almost like people are different, my point stands and you point it out with your "slower pace" comment. Wow has always had a carrot on the end of a stick, what are you on right now?
    Yes, people are different. Yet you told that guy he was probably not going to stick with it just because he didn't share the 'popular opinion'. If you already knew everything I said, there's no reason why you would need to assume that guy would quit because of the slower pace and harder to obtain gear. My bad for assuming you didn't know, I guess you were just being judgemental.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-11-08 at 02:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    No mount until 40. Yes, 40. No, you will not level to 40 all that fast if it's true to the experience.
    No epic mount until 60.
    Spell ranks.

and more.

Some of that is what made WoW attractive. it was a big deal to get your mount at 40. Now, people have hundreds of mounts, but then you got that first one and it was like being set free.

We'll see.
    See, this is why creating your character actually meant something in Vanilla WoW.

Should I go Druid, and get Travel Form at 30 until I can afford my mount?
    Should I go Hunter, and get Aspect of the Cheetah at 20, effectively helping me immensely?
    Should I go Shaman, and get Ghost Wolf at 20? Speeding up my leveling?
    Should I go Paladin/Warlock to get a free mount?

- Dont need transmog, I miss being able to tell how "good" someone is by just looking at them
    - Achievements are pointless
    - I like the undead mount :P
    - Dont play the new classes, dont even like them
    - I can go back to playing undead without feeling penalized about not playing bloodelf
    - fuck LFD and LFR
    - there are addons to help questing, but i still remember 90% of them anyway
    - gear being hard is a good thing
    - leveling being actual content and hard is a good thing
    - don't need brawls or scenarios, when I can get actual world pvp back finally
    - new models and small details, while nice are just accessories, and ultimately unneded

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    See, this is why creating your character actually meant something in Vanilla WoW.
    I honestly don't know a single person who chose their character based off mount options back then.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Considering that playing any video game is a complete waste of time I would prefer to waste it in a game I really enjoyed: Classic WoW and/or BC WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post

Should I go Druid, and get Travel Form at 30 until I can afford my mount?
    Should I go Hunter, and get Aspect of the Cheetah at 20, effectively helping me immensely?
    Should I go Shaman, and get Ghost Wolf at 20? Speeding up my leveling?
    Should I go Paladin/Warlock to get a free mount?
    Yep. I still remember getting my 40 mount (my first character was a gnome rogue). Amazing feeling.

But people will need to WANT to deal with that and for a lot of people used to 250 mounts at their beck and call... we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Yep. I still remember getting my 40 mount (my first character was a gnome rogue). Amazing feeling.

But people will need to WANT to deal with that and for a lot of people used to 250 mounts at their beck and call... we'll see.
    Very very true. I trust though that they know what they're getting themselves in to :P

I have a feeling they might actually keep the new art assets and character models for the WoW Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    - No Transmog
    Don't care.

- No Achievements
    extra don't care

- No unique mounts
    That's just a lie.

- No DK/Monk/DH (Shaman and paladin faction restricted)
    Don't care.

- No Blood elf/Draenei/Panda/Worgen/Goblin
    Don't care.

- No LFD/LFR
    GOOD.

- No Flying
    Don't care.
    - No Quest marking on the map. (Yes find ur shit by looking at sites)
    There's this addon called questhelper, maybe you forgot about that?

- No multi pulling (you die if you pull 2 mobs)
    - No easy leveling
    Good. Playing the game with godmode toggled on is boring as fuck.

I used to enjoy leveling before the first stat squish fucked up the difficulty scaling (and I'm hoping BFA's squish fixes it). something this easy is not fun, if I were a new player coming in, and the leveling experience was this boringly easy, I wouldn't keep playing to levelcap.

also this is a lie, most classes could handle 2 mobs fine, 3 was where most ran into problems.

- No easy gear
    Good.

- No Brawl
    People actually play that crap?

- No Scenarios
    Those are still thing?
    - No new race models
    Would be nice to have, but don't care.

- No small details (opening map, ur face looking at the target persons etc)
    Don't care.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-11-08 at 03:20 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.