Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account

TBC & Wrath Classic Servers?

Now that we are getting Vanilla would anyone be interested in TBC and Wrath ones?

I consider that trilogy to be WoW 1.0 (Just like I consider WoW 2.0 to be Cata, MoP and WoD and 3.0 is Legion & BFA)

If Vanilla works out I wouldn't be against spending some time in TBC and Wrath. Especially Wrath. I think many people look back at that as the best expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    Now that we are getting Vanilla would anyone be interested in TBC and Wrath ones?

I consider that trilogy to be WoW 1.0 (Just like I consider WoW 2.0 to be Cata, MoP and WoD and 3.0 is Legion & BFA)

If Vanilla works out I wouldn't be against spending some time in TBC and Wrath. Especially Wrath. I think many people look back at that as the best expansion.
    Yeah if it's a succesful project they are likley from a buisness standpoint to continue with it.
    I would like to see the classic server transistion into a TBC server or that classic chars have the option to transfer the character to a new tbc "classic".

Hope so, my main interest is a TBC server.

How would you handle the transition at or near level cap.
    Would each one be completely independent, as in you level a new character each time.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I definitely look toward WotLK server, I think it was the best of WoW. Cata totally changed the old world (to the worse in my eyes) and class mechanics, that's when the Classic WoW (in wide sense of word "Classic") ceased to exist.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd truly prefer there be servers dedicated to Vanilla, TBC, and maybe WotLK... but nothing else. Just let them chill out during the final major patch, potentially, but before the big buffs at the very end of TBC and Wrath, for instance.

Still, let's just let Blizz focus on the Vanilla servers.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Rollout would be: transfer any character from any expansion before the aforementioned expac. All items and gold would come with. Unfortunately they would prob charge for the transfer.

I'd love for them to implement a Server for each expansion. As with all things Blizzard though, that will take time for them to make up their minds. Just look at when they first rolled out Server transfers. They seen how popular the service was and expanded on it but it took time because they didn't think it would be as popular of a service as it was. I assume the same for this endeavor. Classic will work. And we'll have to wait possibly years for TBC... then WotLK and so on. Philosophically, they should've done this long ago. Reason being is that gamer's always have their favorite games. Classic was no exception, nor are some of the other expansions. My favorite games are Secret of Mana and Earthbound for the SNES. Nintendo realized these things and finally took notice and profited on it. Blizzard can do the same. I wouldn't even be mad if they had a 2 year lap between each server launch. As if the expansions we're being re-released once more!

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    How would you handle the transition at or near level cap.
    Would each one be completely independent, as in you level a new character each time.
    I'd just go with making a new character from scratch each time. The point of a vanilla server is to only do Vanilla content but if people left as soon as they capped that would kinda kill the point of that server. TBC & Wrath did make changes from vanilla that would make questing through the old world a lot quicker and easier though so making a new character wouldn't be that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmune View Post
    I'd love for them to implement a Server for each expansion. As with all things Blizzard though, that will take time for them to make up their minds. Just look at when they first rolled out Server transfers. They seen how popular the service was and expanded on it but it took time because they didn't think it would be as popular of a service as it was. I assume the same for this endeavor. Classic will work. And we'll have to wait possibly years for TBC... then WotLK and so on. Philosophically, they should've done this long ago. Reason being is that gamer's always have their favorite games. Classic was no exception, nor are some of the other expansions. My favorite games are Secret of Mana and Earthbound for the SNES. Nintendo realized these things and finally took notice and profited on it. Blizzard can do the same. I wouldn't even be mad if they had a 2 year lap between each server launch. As if the expansions we're being re-released once more!
    I think Classic servers could be great to announce at Blizzcons where there are no new expansions that way there is always something big going on in WoW to look forward to. Especially towards the end of expansions when we got nothing to do for a long ass time. This could be a way to keep people playing.

Also, Breath of Fire is my favorite SNES game. Zombies ate my Neighbors too.
    Last edited by CreatureLives; 2017-11-08 at 01:59 AM.

with any luck they wont "fix"vanilla so by the time TBC launches all the lilyshits will have buggered off back to retail.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Level to 60 on Vanilla/Classic server.
    2. Copy/paste (clone) character to BC server.
    3a. Original 'you' stays in Vanilla/Classic server with all your accomplishments, collections, and strength intact.
    3b. The adventure continues for your cloned character on the BC server
    4. Rinse and repeat as need be, leaving max you in each slice of the WoW timeline to enjoy at your leisure.

Last edited by Derpules; 2017-11-08 at 02:07 AM.
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Deleted
    if it's massively successful they will probably release more legacy servers, and you'll probably have a transfer option

It's probably going to advance. 2-3 years for each WoW incarnation.

TBC is fine 2.4 is an amazing end game patch. As for WotLK 3.1 was very different to 3.3. Icecrown absolutely dominates the last patch and makes the other raids nearly useless save for a few items as always.

Wouldn't give a toss about TBC servers, but I'd love Wrath ones.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hundred bloody percent. Especially progression TBC and WOTLK servers. This time I will get to enjoy every bit of them.

If they go the route of progressive servers, they'll eventually get there... Although a static PvP one for TBC and Wrath would be neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sathena View Post
    1. Level to 60 on Vanilla/Classic server.
    2. Copy/paste (clone) character to BC server.
    3a. Original 'you' stays in Vanilla/Classic server with all your accomplishments, collections, and strength intact.
    3b. The adventure continues for your cloned character on the BC server
    4. Rinse and repeat as need be, leaving max you in each slice of the WoW timeline to enjoy at your leisure.

What if you decide to roll a new character?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feindy View Post
    What if you decide to roll a new character?
    Roll it on your 'target' expansion so that you can be guilded with/around the people you'll be end-gaming (or whatever) with. Will be interesting to see how Blizz handles classic servers, and if/how they expand the idea to BC/WotLK. Would be silly to level through it all again only to have another set of max level characters sitting around somewhere.
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Quote Originally Posted by Sathena View Post
    Roll it on your 'target' expansion so that you can be guilded with/around the people you'll be end-gaming (or whatever) with. Will be interesting to see how Blizz handles classic servers, and if/how they expand the idea to BC/WotLK. Would be silly to level through it all again only to have another set of max level characters sitting around somewhere.
    TBC is the peak of wow IMO. That and wrath are definitely on the table.