Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Bloodlust did not exist in Vanilla

I see so many posts here talking about faction imbalance due to alliance not having bloodlust.

How do people not know this? There is no way someone who played back then can't remember that, even if it's 12 years ago. It was such a big part of the game.

Wasn't alliance BETTER suited to pve back in vanilla anyway, bloodlust or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Shamans had it but only horde had shamans.
    No they didn't. Not in Vanilla.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Bloodlust

TBC Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Added

Was the TBC systems patch but well how are you going to even own it when it required 70?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    BL is lvl 70 ability wtf are you talking about here???

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    No they didn't. Not in Vanilla.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Bloodlust

TBC Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Added
    ahh ok then, I started late Vanilla so had TBC in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Dwarven priests and paladins > all. Fear ward and salv were imba
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Daggot Ur View Post
    Because a few people are under the insane illusion that Bloodlust was a thing in Vanilla and want to make sure it stays even though it wasn't in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Shamans had it but only horde had shamans.
    No they didn't.

It's not frustration with you specifically, it's frustration with what seems to be a huge amount of people who swear they raided in Vanilla but don't even know that BL wasn't added until BC. Yet they'll swear they were 7/8 T3 or some other nonsense.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2017-11-08 at 03:51 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Yep bloodlust was added in BC. The main reason alliance was better at PVE was because blizzard loved Fear and dwarf priests could fear ward. Also paladins had blessing of Salvation that reduced threat by 30% that was Class specific. While shamans had tranquil air totem it only worked in the party, it also was the same totem class as windfury and windfury caused massive threat.

Wasn't BC all about leatherworking so you had Drums in each group of 5? lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Daggot Ur View Post
    Wasn't it originally a lvl 64 ability? But yes, your point still stands.
    Only a great fool would vote for a lunatic. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the candidate on the Right.

But they must have known I was not a great fool, and would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the corrupt candidate on the Left.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Wasn't BC all about leatherworking so you had Drums in each group of 5? lmao
    That was pretty much only done in Sunwell, because none of the other raids were so overtuned that people figured it out.

Nevermind the fact that Bloodlust didn't exist in Vanilla, there's also an added case of aggro. You want Bloodlust? Sure, enjoy your afk since it's either that or you overaggro.

People seems to forgot aggro was a HUGE deal back then, and Alliance had it much easier due to Blessing of Salvation. The Horde equivalent (Tranq Air Totem) doesn't even compare since it's group based.

Faction imbalance? Yes, but it's Alliance having the upperhand due to BoS. You hear some complains about Shaman's Poison Cleansing Totem OP, but that's just one fight in AQ, while BoS work wonder for all raids and dungeons in Vanilla.

Maybe they're confusing bloodlust with fear ward.

yes and now. Horde had windfury totem which was a stupid melee dmg multiplier. Alliance had fear ward...

edit:

threat was something people had to worry about, yes... but all worthwhile dps classes had tools to handle that. You only really got fucked if you were out gearing/dps your tank to an obscene margin or the tank kept eating abilities that forced them off the boss. Or maybe you over did your attack optimization and got a lucky string of proccs into proccs for more proccs (sword spec, windfury, thrash blade, hand of justice, etc could procc off each other with no internal cooldown)
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2017-11-08 at 04:02 AM.

Remember folks... Count to 5 before you start dpsing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    Remember folks... Count to 5 before you start dpsing.
    Wait for 5 sunders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, RIP I forgot that BL was learned at 70.

I'll never forget being in a party where we chained them in raids though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    yes and now. Horde had windfury totem which was a stupid melee dmg multiplier. Alliance had fear ward...

edit:

threat was something people had to worry about, yes... but all worthwhile dps classes had tools to handle that. You only really got fucked if you were out gearing/dps your tank to an obscene margin or the tank kept eating abilities that forced them off the boss. Or maybe you over did your attack optimization and got a lucky string of proccs into proccs for more proccs (sword spec, windfury, thrash blade, hand of justice, etc could procc off each other with no internal cooldown)
    I don't think Mage, warrior, or warlock had an aggro reduction in Vanilla. I could be wrong though, it's been a very long time and a lot of small spells have gone to the way side. I do know warlocks got one in TBC though, so I'm fairly certain they didn't have one in Vanilla.

YES fear ward and blessing of salvation (old version)