Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    1. I did aoe grinding as a frost mage in vanilla, it's not unheard of.

2. Killing mobs one or two at a time in an area then looting them all when you're done.

3. Dungeons when you may have loot on more than one mob at a time from a pack.

There would still be times when it's nice.

Does it 'matter?' Not really, my point has never been that classic needs aoe looting. My only point here is that qol changes do not equate to god mode. QOL changes do not make your character more powerful or enemies weaker, therefor saying people asking for qol changes want god mode is incorrect and I gave a list of QOL changes to showcase this. The point is things like aoe looting aren't going to help you beat C'thun. Account bound mounts and pets won't help you farm your tier set.
    Account Bound mounts means mounts don't take up an item slot, how much more free bag space do you want? at some point you need to ask yourself what the point of even having bag space much less bigger bags is. just leave it.

If you are aoeing mobs as a frost mage your down time to just drink and get mana back coupled with long mob respawn times means you'll save 0 actual time mass looting, the difference will be so small that its just not needed.

Hell, I'm not even sure you will get me to agree on something like guild banks, because if you're not trusting your gm/officers muling items on alts not to jack your guilds shit then that's not vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    I just find the desire to play a game with worse design being a main draw bizarre. Oh yeah let’s have classes with specs that clearly outperform others and call it engaging!
    Um, it's that way now anyway?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Ah, thanks for that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

We should make a thread and title it

"I didn't want vanilla, but now it is all I talk about"

Because that seems to be what half the threads in this subject of the forums comes from.. angry little trolls that will eventually learn to live with classic is coming and will be here to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterstrife View Post
    So... the Vanilla of Vanilla is that what you want?
    No, some self righteous players think that a successful business model would be for Blizzard to return WoW to Vanilla patch 1.1.

The rest of us are more interested in a vanilla with some actual substance.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Like ive said, their 'demands' wont stop. They will keep asking for more <_<

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Um, it's that way now anyway?
    Yeah, but the under performance these days is literally limited to 15+ mythic dungeons and mythic raids.

Under performance back in Vanilla meant your entire spec didn't function to kill normal mobs in the overworld if you were anykind of hybrid, let alone how much you'd get laughed at for saying things like "shadow priest", "retribution paladin" or "feral druid" in parties/raids.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by kenoathcarn View Post
    Account Bound mounts means mounts don't take up an item slot, how much more free bag space do you want? at some point you need to ask yourself what the point of even having bag space much less bigger bags is. just leave it.

If you are aoeing mobs as a frost mage your down time to just drink and get mana back coupled with long mob respawn times means you'll save 0 actual time mass looting, the difference will be so small that its just not needed.

Hell, I'm not even sure you will get me to agree on something like guild banks, because if you're not trusting your gm/officers muling items on alts not to jack your guilds shit then that's not vanilla.
    Let's say you're right (though I think you're missing the point on why these features are nice) and these features are worthless. What does this have to do with my main point that qol features have nothing to do with player power again? I am NOT making the argument they should be added to classic wow. That was never my point.
    Last edited by Florena; 2017-11-08 at 05:20 AM.

The only things they need to "fix" with vanilla are game crashing bugs. The real question is are they going to start us off with balance as of launch and the only changes will come via the patches. Maybe they start us off at the last patch before the TBC pre launch patch and gate the pve content and events under a similar time frame as they occurred naturally. Will the PVP and BG system be fully in at first or will we have to wait. Those are the questions i am wondering about. Leave the balance,textures,spec viability and other stuff alone.

If you want mass changes all you really want is classic pve content and zones and,not classic itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Icechaosss View Post
    I think this is what Blizzard was most afraid of when people were crying for legacy servers.

To the people who want the same experience, this post isn't aimed at you. It's more aimed at the 10+ threads I've seen for the day begging for changes to classes, "QOL" changes, questing changes, XP changes etc.

I'm not here to say be "grateful" that you're getting Vanilla servers, in fact I'm happy for you guys. During this entire campaign, I've been curious as to how the "good ole days" were since I wasn't exactly old enough to enjoy Vanilla properly. I'm actually excited to try it. That being said, I know I'm not gonna stick to it and spend that much time on it. But I'll gladly try it out.

But why ask for changes now? Was it such a dream for Vanilla servers that you guys didn't expect Blizzard to do it, and now you want a "Fixed Vanilla?"
    If this experience really is changed can it even be considered Vanilla? I'm genuinely curious about this, because I feel like the fight before was "Retail vs Classic" and this is going to devolve into "Vanilla w/changes vs. Vanilla without changes"

complainers gonna complain.

Someone off the street could hand most of the people you are referring too a $10 bill and they would bitch that it "is only $10"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rumred View Post
    The only things they need to "fix" with vanilla are game crashing bugs. The real question is are they going to start us off with balance as of launch and the only changes will come via the patches. Maybe they start us off at the last patch before the TBC pre launch patch and gate the pve content and events under a similar time frame as they occurred naturally. Will the PVP and BG system be fully in at first or will we have to wait. Those are the questions i am wondering about. Leave the balance,textures,spec viability and other stuff alone.

If you want mass changes all you really want is classic pve content and zones and,not classic itself.
    If they want to make it legit they should start with launch day vanilla and release patches in the same order they were before. That will teach people to bitch about wanting a "vanilla" experience

I could understand fixing game-breaking or serious issues, but that's it.

I played vanilla, it was garbage compared to modern WoW. They made the changes they have to FIX things, not make things worse. Classic servers will be moderately populated within a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    I played vanilla, it was garbage compared to modern WoW. They made the changes they have to FIX things, not make things worse. Classic servers will be moderately populated within a month.
    It will overtake retail for 6 months lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    If vanilla will have lfg system, achievs, no 40ppl raid, easier leveling, any of those, I wont play, its that easy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fazzel View Post
    I think the biggest concern is towards useless classspeccs. F.E: Warrior was the only Class capable of Tanking 40man Raids. All "hybrid" classes pretty much had to heal to be some kind of effective. Every Alliance Priest will be Dwarf because of Fear Ward etc ...

Especially the tanking issue is a thing i wish to be fixed.
    Its part of vanilla. The whole game tells you "you WONT get everything you want just because you want". No need to fix specs. Wanna raid retro pala play bfa, or obtain op weapon as hor.

if there any ANY changes made outside making it run in the current client, it wont be vanilla and ill be out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    I don't want any changes other than maybe group finder (for dungeons only) and quest finder. Classes, difficulty, xp, riding, everything else can be the same as it was back in the day.

There was so many times back then when you had no idea where the fuck to even go for your quests. Sometimes you could figure it out by reading but sometimes you couldn't. And I really don't want to go back to standing outside a dungeon for 4 hours trying to get a group together only to wipe on the trash and have people leave and then have to repeat it all again.

I think these changes would be relatively small and would just make the experience more enjoyable.

For me I just want to go back to Vanilla so I can play through the old world. I miss the way the zones used to look, i miss dying while questing, i miss the grind, i miss when every bit of gold you had mattered. What I don't miss was wasting time doing nothing while i ran around in circles trying to find out where my quest was or standing outside of dungeons for hours.
    Group finder and lfr killed community and social aspect, that, in essrnce, is the real best part of vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Enan1981 View Post
    Like ive said, their 'demands' wont stop. They will keep asking for more <_<
    And the old school EQ player in me will sit here, laughing my head off because no matter what Blizzard does, they can never re-create all these people's first MMO experience. Which, for most of them, is what they want.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Quality of life is things like aoe looting, account bound mounts, etc. Not making bosses easier.
    Vanilla is not only abot bosses

I'm just glad Vanilla is coming, Blizzard stepped up their game with this. The only thing that should change is the mind of people that are gonna play standard WoW over the Classic servers. Just let them add upgraded graphics and we're set for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentelan View Post
    Vanilla is not only abot bosses
    Explain to me then how these things give players 'god mode' then. How does saving a little time while looting increase player power? Again I am NOT arguing that these things need to be added to WoW classic. I'm arguing against the idea that qol equates to god mode. So somebody freaking explain that for once or I'm done with this conversation.