Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    And lastly I can't be convinced that Sylvanas could even remotely care for Horde, that didn't change since WotLK, and that is still canon in the newest lore. Horde is a tool for her, and this is why that battlecry was so out of place. It didn't fit her and it wasn't something that defines her, it was mere a tool to push soldiers to fight for her hub.
    Maybe that will change now since Forsaken take pretty big hit at the start of new expansion. I mean who will help them if not rest of the Horde.
    Could be major development for Sylvanas and start of shift on her stance about Horde as a whole.

Legion showed her to be power hungry, sacrificing others for her own aims and there is no reason why that would not have extended to other members of the horde.
    However in my opinion, whatever her motivations the cinematic shows her that she can earn that power and influence through other means, inspiring the horde to fight with her, not just for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Yes, Sylvanas is set up for a lot of character development in the stories to be told before that Trailer we see her. At the start of the upcoming book, she pretty much fits all the bad things people think about her. I doubt they'd start her off like that, if there wasn't a lot of development coming. Which is something I've really been waiting for and expecting them to do, since making her Warchief. So, I'll really be happy to see her evolve. And I think she will. I mean, her "For the Horde" moment seemed genuine. Certainly convinced Saurfang.

But motherly? No. That's pushing it too far. No more than Thrall was fatherly.

@Ramz I can respect that you like some things the way they are and bored of others. Not wanting change to something you are enthusiastic about is not a bad thing.

I feel however, change is not uncalled for, and I hope the creative process agrees.
    Last edited by madokbro; 2017-11-08 at 05:38 AM.

Deleted
    If Saurfang is convinced, so am I. She probably won't be our mother figure in the Horde but if she proves to be a good warchief, I have no problems with fighting alongside her. Even for dubious reasons or goals.

Sylvanas should return to what she was in the Vanilla (Thanks Blizz for Classic servers) and stop trying to be a part of the Horde. She will always be a forsaken and will continue to do everything only to advance her own goals, not care what she does or causes to others. That's her running theme, destroy relations between Horde and Alliance every single time (Be it WotLK, Cata, WoD, Legion) and then Horde/Alliance is stupid enough to trust her again every single time. She's a discount Jaina, and her story must either be reworked or the character deleted.

Danke Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    If Saurfang is convinced, so am I. She probably won't be our mother figure in the Horde but if she proves to be a good warchief, I have no problems with fighting alongside her. Even for dubious reasons or goals.
    Yeah, Saurfang's cooperation is an indicator for some interesting developments. I hope.

Deleted
    I dont know, at this point the entire " FOR THE HORDE!!!" in the trailar seem so forced on her. She never cared for the horde, only as meatshield to protect herself, and her people.

Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    That was in very bad taste - that part of cinematic. Saurfang, a veteran of 3 wars had to be inspired by selfish undead elf.He even made puppy eyes... We have a saying that I think fits this situation: "Don't teach a father how to make kids". To me it was another fanservice in order to make Sylvanas look good she doesn't even look like undead in this cinematic, maybe if team had a balls to actually show her as actuall undead, and not purple elf with bad makeup and orange/reddish eyes I would be more impressed.
    @Ramz I can respect that you like some things the way they are and bored of others. Not wanting change to something you are enthusiastic about is not a bad thing.

I feel however, change is not uncalled for, and I hope the creative process agrees.
    I'm not against changes, I'm against twisting Iconic things to something completely different to the point they lose their essence.

I'll give you example. I'm watching One Piece and the main character is cheerful funny guy, that has big ambitions and is working very hard for it. As the story goes he has a lot of adventures and has his character development moments, he is going through events that pushes him to go extreme and taste some bitter stuff aswell.
    But author always remembers what made him popular, No matter what he is the same character, he didn't lose his essence. He didn't turn into super serious guy, emo or someone who is nasty and bitter just because that would be a major change. Yes, it would - and that change would completely kill the series, as he would lost his essence. He would loss that thing that made him iconic, likeable and famous.

In other words : :P
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean? According to a lot of people she is a innocent flower that would never harm a fly except to defend herself!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    I dont know, at this point the entire " FOR THE HORDE!!!" in the trailar seem so forced on her. She never cared for the horde, only as meatshield to protect herself, and her people.
    Which is exactly what they looked like in the trailer.....

@Ramz

The thing is, as I've explained before, the entire reason for the existence of her half-assed "essence" is creative conveniences, she has unfulfilled dramatic potential waiting to be properly explored. Tackling her personality and values head-on in the shadows that hide her true nature is a mighty endeavor, but definitely not change for change's sake, not if done with genuine love for the character.

Of course she is iconic, yes, but not for the right reasons, not because how expertly her story was handled. She is what she is just because of the immature edginess that surrounds her every action, offering something different than green gorillas and talking cows, and her blue tits.

Luffy has received 600+ episodes of Dramatic characterization and real opportunities to become something different than his former self, he simply didn't change in a drastic way, he didn't wanna. Doesn't Sylvanas deserve the chance to find out if she will? Varian did, didn't he? Naming her Warchief without having her deal with the burden of relationships that come with the title is simply not enough.

I'm only imploring you to keep an open mind, you just might like what she and the Horde evolve into.
    Last edited by madokbro; 2017-11-08 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    @Ramz

The thing is, as I've explained before, the entire reason for the existence of her half-assed "essence" is creative conveniences, she has unfulfilled dramatic potential waiting to be properly explored. Tackling her personality and values head-on in the shadows that hide her true nature is a mighty endeavor, but definitely not change for change's sake, not if done with genuine love for the character.

Of course she is iconic, yes, but not for the right reasons, not because how expertly her story was handled. She is what she is just because of the immature edginess that surrounds her every action, offering something different than green gorillas and talking cows, and her blue tits.

Luffy has received 600+ episodes of Dramatic characterization and real opportunities to become something different than his former self, he simply didn't change in a drastic way, he didn't wanna. Doesn't Sylvanas deserve the chance to find out if she will? Varian did, didn't he? Naming her Warchief without having her deal with the burden of relationships that come with the title is simply not enough.

I'm only imploring you to keep an open mind, you just might like what she and the Horde evolve into.
    I highly disagree that Sylvanas development was "half-arsed". Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's half-arsed. Plenty of faction leaders don't even have quarter of story she had. In fact she becoming Warchief at expense of a troll that was in dire need to have this kind of development is a proof that she is lore void. A lot of stuff was bent down to push her to this position I wrote together with friend a huge essay on this for devs before Legion launched. And not only me had apprently issue with that, as I still remember how in Pit of Saron Sylvanas was commanding Horde's forces, and overall how she was behaving throrough years. But that's fine, this is who she is I get it, that was her edge. But this is a reason why she is so unfitting now aswell.

Now, how many expansions ago Baine was introduced? Do you think he is well established? Did he have meaningful presence somewhere? That is the character that also should've had a story going for him. But so far there was nothing of essence. Here is the hoping that in this one things will change.

So yeah I really wish that devs would work on developing underdeveloped characters, and bring new ones to light, rather than twisting already well established character to something completely different as it just feels unnecessary and counterproductive.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2017-11-08 at 09:43 AM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

God you are stubborn.

So are you. But fine, let's agree to disagree as arguing over opinions is pointless anyway. I liked Sylvanas they way she was and not for what she could possibly be.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria