Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Will you all please stop asking for Legacy changes? NO CHANGES to WoW REQUIRED!!

The reason I love WoW Legacy is exactly because what it is.

Vanilla. It was the RPG solution to the Warcraft RTS franchise. Nailed every aspect too. I love every single bug involving Vanilla. I love the long flight paths. I love exaggerated quests. I love the imbalanced talent trees. I love the PVP "imperfections". I love the original Alterac Valley.

I love Classic (Vanilla). I do not like retail.

If Blizzard were to make WoW 2.0, I'd ask them to make it somewhat RPG. Not Diablo.

It is so frustrating to read suggestions from those who never played Vanilla, telling others what changes they need to make them play this.

The people asking for changes are not the target audience!

NO CHANGES REQUIRED!!!

I don't agree. Game breaking bugs and exploits shouldn't be in the game. The addon system should be broken so you can't write code that plays your character for you, like healbot but worse.

Ill be honest, I am just hoping that classic servers help in getting rid of the people we dont need on retail servers. Id imagine those of you that "do not like retail" and want classic do not contribute much to us to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Ill be honest, I am just hoping that classic servers help in getting rid of the people we dont need on retail servers. Id imagine those of you that "do not like retail" and want classic do not contribute much to us to begin with.
    It will be the opposite. The last vestiges of competence will drain from retail WoW and its going to dry up and blow away.

Oh god, is this going to be the forum topic that gets spammed 6 times a day now?

Can we get a megathread for this please?

Freedom of speech ya fascist.

You'll never get a true vanilla server.
    I mean, look at these forums or the official ones.

They are already filled with people who want to change everything about the classic servers befor Blizzard themsleves even know what to do.
    Just wait till these players get to actually play a version of WoW they think they want but never actually played. They'll go crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    You'll never get a true vanilla server.
    I mean, look at these forums or the official ones.

They are already filled with people who want to change everything about the classic servers befor Blizzard themsleves even know what to do.
    Just wait till these players get to actually play a version of WoW they think they want but never actually played. They'll go crazy.
    Yes completely gloss over the fact this entire thing started because too many people had been playing on vanilla private servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    Yes completely gloss over the fact this entire thing started because too many people had been playing on vanilla private servers.
    What does that have to do with anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    What does that have to do with anything?
    It's over your head. I like cherry gummies, you?

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    It's over your head. I like cherry gummies, you?
    Very funny.
    In any case, the insane amount of people aksing for changes to vanilla befor Blizzard has ever stated what they want to do with the servers means thay they might very well give in and create some kind of freaky vanilla-legion hybrid version.

Now, I'm not a fan of the classic idea but if they are actually dead set on classic then it should be vanilla as it was not some Frankensteins monster.

What that as to do with private servers, I have no idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were playing on those servers for free.

Frankly, people should get EXACTLY classic. A patch 1.11 frozen server that's never changed or addressed save for bug fixes/exploits.

Anything else isn't vanilla, and the prihards will just have to deal with it.

If Blizzard doesn't change the game, people will bitch that there aren't any "QOL changes." If Blizzard does change the game, people will bitch that it's "no longer vanilla."

These past... what, three days since its announcement should prove that there is a SERIOUS disjunction between what people's nostalgic idea of "vanilla WoW" is comprised of.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I don't agree. Game breaking bugs and exploits shouldn't be in the game. The addon system should be broken so you can't write code that plays your character for you, like healbot but worse.
    I agree, but they shouldn't be adding things like new artwork or transmog or any other bullshit. I don't play Super Mario World wanting new graphics. If I want a newer looking Mario game, I'll play a newer fucking Mario game. They aren't making this to cater to current players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

Frankly, people should get EXACTLY classic. A patch 1.11 frozen server that's never changed or addressed save for bug fixes/exploits.

Anything else isn't vanilla, and the prihards will just have to deal with it.

If Blizzard doesn't change the game, people will bitch that there aren't any "QOL changes." If Blizzard does change the game, people will bitch that it's "no longer vanilla."

These past... what, three days since its announcement should prove that there is a SERIOUS disjunction between what people's nostalgic idea of "vanilla WoW" is comprised of.
    You are dense if you think Blizzard did not run some numbers internally and come to the realization this would be profitable enough for them to split the community and announce a project many of their current subscribers would find controversial. That speaks to the state of Legion. As for the chaos in the forums it does not matter. Peoples memories suck and the game has not been officially playable since 2007. No shit they dont know jack. If this server caters to pure vanilla it will have an immensely powerful launch that will in years time fall into a smaller but ironclad fanbase.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are dense if you think Blizzard did not run some numbers internally and come to the realization this would be profitable enough for them to split the community and announce a project many of their current subscribers would find controversial. That speaks to the state of Legion. As for the chaos in the forums it does not matter. Peoples memories suck and the game has not been officially playable since 2007. No shit they dont know jack. If this server caters to pure vanilla it will have an immensely powerful launch that will in years time fall into a smaller but ironclad fanbase.
    A small fanbase is exactly what I'm expecting its lasting power to be.

A fanbase I assume will only shrink when people get tired of running Naxx for the 100th and wonder what the point is, as they'll never receive any new content... ever.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

A small fanbase is exactly what I'm expecting its lasting power to be.

A fanbase I assume will only shrink when people get tired of running Naxx for the 100th and wonder what the point is, as they'll never receive any new content... ever.
    Most players never cleared Naxx during vanilla and its certainly not where most peoples fond memories of vanilla come from. The PvP will make this game last for years on its own. It is legacy software and what do the updates matter? Many players will get days upon days of playtime out of this and if it fizzles out then so be it Blizzard will merge the servers over the years. There literally is no issue.

"They" are currently playing on those servers for free. A huge percentage is leaving to go legit. A "major server" announced cessation of services upon live Legacy. This major server runs Nost code. Free now. Unavailable later. I'm OK with this.

The only disjunction is when people try to forcibly inject what Vanilla should never be.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2017-11-08 at 06:29 AM.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I would like to see new graphic (water, grass..) and models (character or mobs) as it is now in Legion. Vanilla was released 13 yeas ago, we have 13 years of game developing pass and I like how games changed in graphic.
    I hate old water animation from older expansion.

My biggest wish is to continue with old expansions.. something like after 3 years of vanilla, they will add TBC (for continuing for vanilla to TBC), after few years WotLK etc.
    But also preserve legacy - vanilla without continuing.. If you are gitting my idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    The reason I love WoW Legacy is exactly because what it is.

Vanilla. It was the RPG solution to the Warcraft RTS franchise. Nailed every aspect too. I love every single bug involving Vanilla. I love the long flight paths. I love exaggerated quests. I love the imbalanced talent trees. I love the PVP "imperfections". I love the original Alterac Valley.

I love Classic (Vanilla). I do not like retail.

If Blizzard were to make WoW 2.0, I'd ask them to make it somewhat RPG. Not Diablo.

It is so frustrating to read suggestions from those who never played Vanilla, telling others what changes they need to make them play this.

The people asking for changes are not the target audience!

NO CHANGES REQUIRED!!!
    Ah man did I call this or what? It is only going to get worse haha.

Yup, the good ol can of worms has been pried open and now everyone seems to want a piece of what Vanilla is to THEM and how it should be.