Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Oh man if they brought back heroic strike....
    On next attack Heroic Strike, that was my jam... As a bit of a private server tourist I have to admit it still is.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nowish View Post
    Im talking about both.
    1 thing which I thought added alot of flavour to the game where you have 2 warriors, fury was the best specc but 1 "had" to go arms as it would give a larget net dps to the raid but sacrifice personal dps. If you don't think decision about raid comp like that was fun, then you probably havent really raided in every expansion up to the point where they removed it.

It doesn't have to be something incredibly skillful to add something with flavour to the game lol.

You also seem to misinterpret what I was saying with the sims. If frost mages are 3% ahead of warlocks, you would bring mages unless warlocks provided a CoE debuff on the target, in that case you would at least bring that 1 warlock to buff the rest of the raid.

Don't you think Im aware of FotM classes ? >.< I raided hardcore for a long time, but it feels better to bring something (maybe buffs/debuffs or other utility) than simply only being a dps machine. To what extend this should be in the game can be discussed, but Im pretty sure the vast majority agree that simplifying an MMORPG is something that takes away the feeling of the experience being "epic".
    Battle shout gave rage, horn of winter gave runic power etc. I miss being able to banner + intervene to travel across the room faster, vigi the tank/someone taking care of a certain mechanic. I know it requires more awareness than just sitting there pressing 1 2 3 but contributing in another way than simply pure dps is what I really liked about raiding and one of the reasons I quit as it didn't feel rewarding playing good anymore. The feeling when you clutch vigi / cry to save someone on a progression fight is the best ever... I remember intervening our arcane mages in Totgc to reduce their threat.

What can you do know, leap/charge and interrupt/fear something... guess you can still clutch cry so there's that.

I know we are not specifically talking about these kind of utilities with mere raid wide stats buff that you would bring. But I see this as a step in the right direction to give this kind of flavour back into the game. If you don't see it as flavour thats fine... but I know alot of people enjoy differentiating (spelling?) themselves by not only playing for pure dps. You are either the guy who volunteers to do the shit mechanic and sacrifice your dps, or the one who sits there quietly pressing 123.

Maybe my perspective is just skewed and there is actually lot of things to still differentiate yourself with, in terms of skill.

I also don't think it is a bad combat design to having a fight require alot of immunities to beat, if its early on and it will be less requirements for it as gear progresses (a phase lasting longer due to lack of gear aka dps and thus requiring more instances of the soaking mechanic).

Just think in general it incentivize people to bring non top 3 dps classes/speccs if they brought raid utility or buffed the others dps (like it used to be).

Think more casual guilds might not have this issue though, and bring the player not the class in most cases and doesnt think too much about min maxing (please correct me if Im wrong).

Sorry for rambling on, just got abit excited to maybe raid again after the blizzcon announcements...
    I have time to answer just now, but GorkAndMork completely nailed the things with much more depth. I would just add a little bit to it answering to your post.

What you are talking about is/was not a bad idea in optimal circumstances. However in reality it caused a lot of dependencies, limitations and more factors to fail as a raid. You had to bring such classes to provide the raidwide buffs, 1 single player had to be present to increase the dps of a whole raid (even if it was a 10 man, and also 10 man raids were much harder to do than 25 mans, because of the more limited slots).

What if a player providing the raidwide buff dies in the middle of a progress fight, granting the reduced raid dps and reaching enrage. Or he/she just simply doesn't appear on raid, because of irl things.
    Nowadays we have no need for such buffs and self-sacrifice for the greater good and it makes the raid more powerful and flexible this way, because you can still beat the enrage timer when 1 or 2 dps die. Each has the same amount of resposibility (other than some specific tasks, but in that case there still can be backup members) which makes the whole group stronger than before.

And also as GorkAndMork said, individual competition in a raid is real, and I say it's a good thing, because it motivates players to perform better and better each time a fight starts.

Hurray! I've missed my good old battle shout. <3

Anything that can help prevent class stacking is good in my book.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg