Poll: Which you prefer?

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    it wouldnt ruin the gameplay though.
    Vanilla is not just about the gameplay. It's about everything.

The graphics, the quests, the atmosphere, the music, the grind, the sense of community, the balance, the glitches. It's a whole. Gameplay is only one part of it.

It would ruin the very definition of "Classic".
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I would like a graphics update, but if that means delaying launch, screw it. I wanna play Vanilla now!

If they can make Vanilla look like the Vanilla intro cinematic fast, fine by me.
    Last edited by parcus; 2017-11-07 at 10:52 PM.
    Death to all undead rogues and mages!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    probably because they could see how many people actually used old graphics and it wasn't too many.
    I doubt it. It's a simple toggle, they wouldn't remove because old models were not popular. I am quite positive that it is due to technical reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post

The graphics, the quests, the atmosphere, the music, the grind, the sense of community, the balance, the glitches. It's a whole. Gameplay is only one part of it.

For you maybe, not for me or some others i'm willing to bet. I would like a graphics update but only if its opt out by default. This means anyone who logs onto classic by default has the old graphics settings. Only by going to the graphics menu can they add things like new models and newer graphics settings.

That would make it more enjoyable for me and also for those who prefer the older dated art and graphics they wont be affected.

Not sure why anyone would have an issue with that setup.

Don't really mind, as they only hope if they have new graphics they will include the night again. As long as the game plays the same I am fine!

Deleted
    4k and HDR Support would be cool, but that would be wasted with the old, super low-poly models. I would love to have the style of the old models, but up to current technology, not to the outdated 2005 one (12 years old). They remind me of N64 Graphics. The old Modlls / Graphics in general just did not age well, at all. They look janky.

Graphics and UI are not really an important part for my classic experience. But I guess that is one issue that can't be solved to make all parties happy, and it is up to Blizz to make the ultimate call. I'll play either way .

The way I see my toons are an important parto of the game to me, so I'd rather have new graphics.

But it wouldn't be a dealbreaker if they left as it was. But Vanilla's must deliver a hell of an experience for me to stick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    But you wont even be able to kill 2 mobs at a time in Vanilla
    Oh you mean inside a raid and dungeons?
    Clueless guy here.
    Lets see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZBy1JImPFM
    I think he killed more than one mob?

Old graphics all the way.

Solid water! Non-sparkly herbs! Giants that fall into the ground!

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't care about the graphics to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post

Even for a optional option? Would that ruin it for you?

"We want vanilla wow! but we want changes, we don't actually want vanilla wow!"

I wouldn't mind having the lighting, water and shadow etc effects from the new client but it wouldn't be a dealbreaker either way. Let's face the fact that 1024x768 was the de facto resolution on desktops back then, and more or less all of us will be playing at 1920x1080 or higher so it won't be the same thing regardless. I do think they should leave the old models and textures alone though, they contribute quite a bit to the authenticity of it all!

I want vanilla's graphics!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    "We want vanilla wow! but we want changes, we don't actually want vanilla wow!"
    yeah seems to be a lot of people want it but don't want it how it actually was... lol

Graphics is the only thing i accept to change. The one and only.
    We need to put a stop to "QoL changes" threads in classic
    So let's keep things like loot bug and broken pet pathfinding for example?

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    So let's keep things like loot bug and broken pet pathfinding for example?
    welcome to vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    welcome to vanilla
    I remember when our demons/pets would run with you when mounted and when you could even turn them to agressive mode, hidding your horse while they would go all the way cleaning stuff left and right. The downside was when you got in combat by some mob or player your demon/pet would lag behind and despawn. Not sure when they changed that but it was during mid classic I think.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    welcome to vanilla
    Exactly, fixing a pet that is prone to run all over the place in cramped spaces or height differences is basically adding QoL. Simply just dismiss the pet before jumping off a ledge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunstation View Post
    Clueless guy here.
    Lets see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZBy1JImPFM
    I think he killed more than one mob?
    Yeah i forgot about that
    And low level instance farm...if that exists.

Deleted
    Yeah i forgot about that
    And low level instance farm...if that exists.
    How about more than hundred mobs?