Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    at launch is really meaningless.

the important question is how many ppl will be playing it 6 months after release.

that will tell blizzard should they further invest into that game "mode", or reduce its server capacity and support down to justify the costs.

It might be, but then people will remember how crappy and grindy it actually was and go back to wow retail.

Deleted
    I think what we are going to see is something like a dual subscription:

You pay 12.99 for either main wow or classic wow and you pay 18.99 for both. Although I wouldn't rule out that they will start with 12.99 for both, so that main wow players will go play classic and classic players might try out main wow.

After that it depends entirely on what blizzard is going to do with the servers. While I am sure that blizzard will release classic as close to classic was as possible I don't see this as viable in the long run.. so they either have to go progressive creating the same issue we have now or go for the old runescape option where they develop new features and content with the classic mindset. Will I mind that? Dunno, depends on how well it goes.

Either way going classic and then sitting on their hands doing nothing will surely not be profitable in the mid-long term.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I could see it for a short time. A lot of people are in for a harsh reality with Vanilla though, it definitely won't last long if it does.
    Just like every other WoW Expansion :-)?
    I mean lets look at the facts, each new WoW Expansion does this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Vanilla fanbois drastically overthinking the popularity of a decade and a half old game mode that is so outdated it almost physically hurts.
    It is good thing that new wow has evolved to pet battles. "2017 games are best" and even tho blizz gave some graphic updates, it still looks 2004 game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ofcourse it will, but that is not what matters. Like with every other WoW expansions, they are not valued about how many players they can attract at launch, but how many players they can keep around and that is what is being put to the question.
    '
    Hell i dislike the idea of Classic rather much, but i will proberly still try it out if there is a low tide of content in BFA. Will i stick around? Probery not, so lets see how it goes.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Not even a chance lol, and the numbers it does get will plummet when people actually get a chance to play the clusterfuck that is vanilla.

Vanilla was good for its time, but by modern standards it is awful, and the community (which is what people really remember so fondly) isn't going to magically return, namely because people could still make those connections today, they choose to be lazy and not make them though.
    People choose to be lazy because the game is giving the option for them to be?
    Right? I mean you cant afk sign up or afk in LFR to get loot? So what do you do? You speak with other people so that you can join a grp so that you can get the fcking loot.
    Ive played on several private servers and the community is better, because people are forced to connect with others to get progress ingame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    A shit ton of people will play it at launch,
    And a shit ton of people will realize nostalgia won't keep them interested.
    Many will hate the bare-boned systems, unbalanced classes, and outright broken content in places.

What's left will be the players it was targeted for.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Vanilla : Content = A
    Current : Content = 100*A

Any delusional preference for Vanilla will be quickly squished once the average player logs in and tries to get their toon to level 60.

The only way Classic will have more subs than now is using a TARDIS and travelling 12 years back in time.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    I look forward to the wave of complaints about very slow levelling, mob competition (tapping issues) for quests, slow respawn times, etc. etc. etc. before people even reach level 10...
    I look forward to not rolling my face over the keyboard for 2 hours and BAM Im lvl 110 ready to go do some "SERIOUS" raiding :P
    But again to each there own satisfaction
    Thats the great thing about this, blizzard doing something for two diffrent kinds of people, there are the once called "Curling" children, they can go play the Legion and get all the good stuff, free loot, no need to leave the big cities and so on, and then there are the others who can enjoy vanilla like it use to be.
    How can this be such a big problem for people to accept? Not all likes how WoW is played atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

Content is nothing if the game is not fun and lacks proper mechanics. Look at league of legends or counter strike, it has zero content and people keep replaying the same things over and over again because the game is fun.

The same was with vanilla wow, the game was fun, now it's not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Many will hate the bare-boned systems, unbalanced classes, and outright broken content in places.
    This spells a lot like Legio, Bare-boned system, unbalanced classes? I Mean when did classes ever become balanced. Tell me.

Not a snowball's chance in hell!

Maybe lots from MMO and such will join there at start but we're the VAST miniorty of the people who play the game.. most subs are pretty silent accounts that just play, not hangs on forum all day.... I'm super insanely sure that the Classic servers will have some 100k's of people the first months to slowly die out .. maybe keeping 50k playing there on regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by bugsix View Post
    Content is nothing if the game is not fun and lacks proper mechanics.
    Indeed - another good reason to avoid Vanilla. Thanks for the addition.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The funny thing is everyone is here hyped about Classic WoW like it's the new thing, when it's just a rerelease. Whereas Battle of Azeroth that actually is something new is getting less hype because you can dile it down to another WoD or Legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

Any delusional preference for Vanilla will be quickly squished once the average player logs in and tries to get their toon to level 60.

The only way Classic will have more subs than now is using a TARDIS and travelling 12 years back in time.
    Current content is an endless loot give away, that rerolls every few month :P Hows that content..

Quote Originally Posted by bugsix View Post
    Content is nothing if the game is not fun and lacks proper mechanics. Look at league of legends or counter strike, it has zero content and people keep replaying the same things over and over again because the game is fun.

The same was with vanilla wow, the game was fun, now it's not.
    Which is subjective. Do you just really argue about the same game? They are both playable when they release so why even try to bring the other down?
    Last edited by Niffo; 2017-11-08 at 10:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunstation View Post
    This spells a lot like Legio, Bare-boned system, unbalanced classes? I Mean when did classes ever become balanced. Tell me.
    Let's not insult both of our intelligences by pretending Classic is comparable to Legion when it comes to balance and ingame systems. Classic balance was complete trash and that is not up for debate, and the systems themselves were almost laughable even compared to BC.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2017-11-08 at 10:07 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    It will bomb out a year after release mark my words

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by njams View Post
    Which is subjective.
    Classic fanboi's don't understand that word

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by njams View Post
    Which is subjective. Do you just really argue about the same game? They are both playable when they release so why even try to bring the other down?
    Wow of today is not the same game as vanilla Wow