Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Too bad if you don't like it. Man you are going to be sorely disappointed if they change some stuff in Legacy.
    I don't give single f about legacy servers, believe it or not. The whole thread is not about them. It's about ppl creating nonsense threads demanding, hoping for some kind of WoW 2.0, using vanilla game as a riot shield.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one misses the ugly character looks, Im sure of that. Only most stubborn, illogical and completely retarded people.

It's all about the GAME. Looks have nothing to do with game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I honestly don't care about a graphics toggle for models I wont use it but it doesn't change how the game is played. AoE loot does impact the game and thus shouldn't be implemented. Anybody that asks for things like LFG or balance changes can piss right the fuck off.
    *shrugs* I get where you are coming from but what happens if they DO put in something like AoE looting? Is that a deal breaker for you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    I don't give single f about legacy servers, believe it or not. The whole thread is not about them. It's about ppl creating nonsense threads demanding, hoping for some kind of WoW 2.0, using vanilla game as a riot shield.
    Sure some people are here to create chaos but some are genuine in wanting QoL/changes from Vanilla because of how things evolved. Not saying they are right or wrong but I can understand WHY those threads are being made. Some people are clearly out to fuck with people and those are the types of threads that should be shut down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    Why? Because it's no longer the matter of discussion, since Blizz announced it will be back. Yet since days you can see half of the active threads are about further demands related to vanilla. It's infantile nonsense to ask for additions in a vanilla game.
    Of course it's a matter of discussion. Even Blizzard themselves said they want discussion to decide exactly what the design will be. Vanilla was not a single thing, it was 12 major patches. None of the patches represents the "true, authentic" vanilla experience since every one of them was live for a limited amount of time. So they need discussion to understand how to combine the designs from the various patches.

It is also perfectly valid to discuss what modern additions could go into the game. Personally I want none, but others do and it's a valid discussion to have and there is absolutely nothing "infantile" about it. What's infantile, is to bitch about other people discussing their wishes for a future game on forums dedicated to discussion about that future game.

You sound like those people who kept saying people shouldn't discuss vanilla servers because Blizzard was never going to do it—but people did discuss and those discussions contributed to Blizzard changing their mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    *shrugs* I get where you are coming from but what happens if they DO put in something like AoE looting? Is that a deal breaker for you?

- - - Updated - - -

Sure some people are here to create chaos but some are genuine in wanting QoL/changes from Vanilla because of how things evolved. Not saying they are right or wrong but I can understand WHY those threads are being made. Some people are clearly out to fuck with people and those are the types of threads that should be shut down.
    I'll do my best to lobby others against it and show blizzard that the people who started this push were not in favor of things that take away from Vanilla gameplay. In the end If it's something very minor I'll likely still play but I'm less extreme than others.
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2017-11-08 at 10:00 AM.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Leperix View Post
    Of course it's a matter of discussion. Even Blizzard themselves said they want discussion to decide exactly what the design will be. Vanilla was not a single thing, it was 12 major patches. None of the patches represents the "true, authentic" vanilla experience since every one of them was live for a limited amount of time. So they need discussion to understand how to combine the designs from the various patches.

It is also perfectly valid to discuss what modern additions could go into the game. Personally I want none, but others do and it's a valid discussion to have and there is absolutely nothing "infantile" about it. What's infantile, is to bitch about other people discussing their wishes for a future game on forums dedicated to discussion about that future game.

You sound like those people who kept saying people shouldn't discuss vanilla servers because Blizzard was never going to do it—but people did discuss and those discussions contributed to Blizzard changing their mind.
    That is a very well done post Leperix and hits the main point on the head. Vanilla was NOT just 1.12 like so many are inclined to think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunstation View Post
    Like you had to be blind to be missing all the requests / complaints about the general game as well? People will always state there opinion on the internet, why do you think WoW is what it is today? Because people complain... Not new really.
    And what does that have to do with what I said? I just said the OP is right, while there are people who want to play Vanilla like it was there are also lots of people who want it changed...which basically says to me they really didn't want Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Leperix View Post
    Well a lot of the issues came from people stating things as 'facts' about Vanilla that weren't true or making up shit to suit their interests. But there is no question that the people wanting these servers got heard and they'll get something for it eventually.

Deleted
    It will be vanilla and that's it.

They will not allocate anymore ressources towards it once it's online, barely maintenance. They have their expansions to work on.

People thinking that they will push updates on these servers are a fucking joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    And what does that have to do with what I said? I just said the OP is right, while there are people who want to play Vanilla like it was there are also lots of people who want it changed...which basically says to me they really didn't want Vanilla.
    For sure. Half the people posting here don't want Vanilla they want WoW:Remastered.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Umm they're right, maybe you and others want plain vanilla but you'd have to be blind to be missing all the requests from people to update vanilla.
    Only thing that can be changed - actual bugs and maybe graphics. Nothing more. Those who want more - this announce wasnt for you, the whole idea of classic dies if we talk about Qol changes, if we do implement them, then there was no sence to do classic at all.

I'll do my best to lobby others against it and show blizzard that the people who started this push were not in favor of things that take away from Vanilla gameplay. In the end If it's something very minor I'll likely still play but I'm less extreme than others.
    A fair outlook to have on it really. I mean everyone has their breaking point where they add too much and it clouds what Vanilla was to them. For some it will be a single thing and for others it will be a package of stuff that happens. I think the best thing for Legacy people is to try and unite on some fronts even if it means an 'Us' vs 'Them' scenario when it comes to those that want none or few changes and those lobbying for way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmyan View Post
    It will be vanilla and that's it.

They will not allocate anymore ressources towards it once it's online, barely maintenance. They have their expansions to work on.

People thinking that they will push updates on these servers are a fucking joke.
    They have a separate team for Classic, so the fucking joke is on you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    Let's then remove coloured TV and watch black and white programs, why not?
    Tell you what: time travelling. You can't go back to past and watch TV shows on a 4k smart television in e.g. 1980.

"Vanilla/original" means this. Go back to the original game and live the original experience again. If you add/change anything there, the term "vanilla" loses it's meaning.

Yes if they decide to add in Aoe-Looting it will be an abomination and should be bathed in fire.

Some of you will be pissed and some of you will get the Legacy you want to play. I guess.
    The ppl like me (dunno how many of ppl like are out there), want no more than fixing critical bugs and exploits that fucks the game or servers, nothing else. Perhaps i am in minority, so yes, i'd be disappointed and probably will not play the game that is not 'classic' and 'vanilla' as it was back in the day. Thats ofc my opinio, You all ppl are entitled to Yours and i respect it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sonol, looks have NOTHING to do with Vanilla experience.

We have great new models, why forcing ourselves to burn our eyes off looking at these incredibly ugly limbs and square body parts? It won't change the game in the slightest.

For sure. Half the people posting here don't want Vanilla they want WoW:Remastered.
    Yeah and that is why Blizzard is going to need to be careful when it starts listening to feedback. I really hope someone there has the sense to know that if something clicks that says " wait that wasn't vanilla " that they just ignore it and move on. I'm seriously afraid no one there will have that though. Granted they have been playing an older loaded up version of the game so hopefully some of it will sink in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    Sonol, looks have NOTHING to do with Vanilla experience.

We have great new models, why forcing ourselves to burn our eyes off looking at these incredibly ugly limbs and square body parts? It won't change the game in the slightest.
    As I said earlier, I seriously doubt they use them, not because it is wrong or right, but because they won't burn the development time to do so. It's not as simple as just downloading the code and * poof * new models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Yeah and that is why Blizzard is going to need to be careful when it starts listening to feedback. I really hope someone there has the sense to know that if something clicks that says " wait that wasn't vanilla " that they just ignore it and move on. I'm seriously afraid no one there will have that though. Granted they have been playing an older loaded up version of the game so hopefully some of it will sink in.
    They need to get purists like the Nost guys on staff and input from folks like Kungen who comprehend Vanilla and what it was. Not listen to the smacktards on the forums suggesting transmog because they don't want to look stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post
    All veterans are asking for plain vanilla. Nothing more
    Don't speak for everyone. 13-year player here and I would like to see SOME features, such as Transmog, AoE looting, and maybe fixing the dead specs (just so everything is playable). I'm not asking to make the game easymode, but I would like to see something other than vanilla, and I mean more than just the removal of the bugs/constant server crashes.

Not listen to the smacktards on the forums suggesting transmog because they don't want to look stupid.
    What would adding Transmog do to make the game worse in any way? Seriously, why would that be such a problem for you? It does nothing to make the game easier and does nothing that impedes the game for you, yet you feel the need to insult people asking for a feature that's 100% vanity? Ffs, get off your high horse.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by njams View Post
    They have a separate team for Classic, so the fucking joke is on you.
    "They will not allocate anymore ressources towards it once it's online"

Maybe if you read it a second time it will make sense.