Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If they are going back a little bit, I would like to see frostfire bolt, remove curse, and reward gameplay with water ele somehow. Doubt they will but resource management would be nice to see back into the mix of things as well.

Deleted
    imo i hope we have zero pet interactions at all.

pet management in wow simply doesnt work. Its a fuckin disaster every time a class has to rely even the smallest on their pets.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sinddk View Post
    imo i hope we have zero pet interactions at all.

pet management in wow simply doesnt work. Its a fuckin disaster every time a class has to rely even the smallest on their pets.
    I still love using pet nova in PvP and PvE, but Water Jet has always felt wonky and weird.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    i want alter time back (as utility or as dps CD - i don't care). Don't want anything gone
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    alter time was really fun and powerfull.
    But this would mean that a lot of the buffs (like combustion) should be reworked.
    It would be way too powerfull.

Id like to see Alter Time make a comeback

Everyone likes Alter Time, but as stated by many it is almost impossible to balance it properly, and it would be a very powerful tool to use in conjunction with buffs, trinkets, ecc...
    Also, we kinda have the base idea with Temporal Shield, although it's just for PvP. I doubt we will see it agan.

I gladly add my voice to the removal of Rune of Power chorus. Although the current iteration is undeniably the best we have seen so far, i still hate the talent and i avoid taking it as soon as it stops becoming mandatory. We have endured its existence long enough.

There are quite a few new spells that i would like to see, but that is for another topic.

I kinda miss Wrath's version of mirror image, Could probably put Alter time in it's current talent spot with some adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    Alter time and frost bomb in mop were my absolute favorites!!

I also liked Flame Orb, Deep Freeze, Frostfire Bolt, old Blastwave, . (Also really liked when Nether Tempest could go on more than one target) And miss baseline stuff like mirror image.
    Nether tempest won't be brought to old iteration, blizz stated that they don't want mages to multidot, frost bomb on galakras adds combined with well timed pet freeze was pure enjoyment
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Alter Time back.

I don't care what would go but if to pick one; RoP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Archmage View Post
    Everyone likes Alter Time, but as stated by many it is almost impossible to balance it properly, and it would be a very powerful tool to use in conjunction with buffs, trinkets, ecc...
    The made it work independent of most buffs before they removed it. Not directed at you specifically but anyone who says that, it's possible to balance outside of craziness while keeping say.. procs and inherent spell buffs only.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2017-11-09 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    The made it work independent of most buffs before they removed it. Not directed at you specifically but anyone who says that, it's possible to balance outside of craziness while keeping say.. procs and inherent spell buffs only.
    I know, but then they removed it because it was considered to be completely useless and redundant without its dps component... and then they introduced it again in the only environement where getting back all your snapshotted health/mana made sense, which is PvP, although without the movement part.

I think we won't see it back because we already have in game the iteration of the skill that was deemed the most appropriate/useful, in the form of Temporal Shield.

Amplify Magic, Dampen Magic!

But on a real note, Alter Time was tight.

Yeah remove RoP, and give me back Dispel curse. My mage still has Decursive Add-on, because it helps me CC MC'ed players.

Deleted
    Bring back Frost Armour. I liked having some measure of damage reduction versus melee. Arctic Gale should be baseline. Remove Frost Bomb, Glacial Insulation and Rune of Power because they are all shit. Remove Ebonbolt, because it didn't do much beyond proc Flurry for Frost, which all in all is a far more meaningful spell. Don't make Flurry worthless to cast, idk, make it channelled and cast-able while moving or something, so that it might some usage outside of Brain Freeze.

Deleted
    I don't really care for RoP. I'd love to get remove curse back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to be different.

I want Incanter's Flow GONE.

Incanter's Flow is the most boring option and also the most irritating, forcing me to hold my procs for a few moments to obey some kind of glorified internal metronome. If it came down to a choice between IF and ROP, I'd remove IF.

Yes, we all hate Rune of Power, but Rune of Power at least produces moments of glory.

Speaking of Rune of Power though, I can't see them removing it completely. But I think they should make it Arcane only, the ability seems to synergize somewhat better with Arcane than the other two specs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    I still love using pet nova in PvP and PvE, but Water Jet has always felt wonky and weird.
    Water jet is a clunky mess. Either extend it's duration so we are guaranteed to get two frostbolts off (without having to time our button press mid Frostbolt cast) OR just have Water Jet automatically generate two casts of Ice Lance without any interaction from Frostbolt.

And update the Water Elemental model. It looks hideous.

Alter Time did have some niche uses outside PvP - teleporting to places you shouldn't be (like this), healing back from a huge hit by the boss, etc.
    Admittedly, they are pretty niche and not really that useful now we have Displacement and actual self-sustain, unlike WoD.
    I've fond memories of that spell, but I wouldn't necessarily need it back.

And I honestly would like more Water Elemental functions - old ones like healing it with Frostbolt or new ones like some cooldowns. But that's purely because I've been suffering hunter/warlock soloing supremacy through their god-damned pets for too long.
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post

And I honestly would like more Water Elemental functions - old ones like healing it with Frostbolt or new ones like some cooldowns. But that's purely because I've been suffering hunter/warlock soloing supremacy through their god-damned pets for too long.
    The problem there is, and maybe I am alone in feeling this, but Frost already feels stuffed with buttons.

Deleted
    The whole talent tier with Rune of Power, Incanter's Flow, and Mirror Image should be scrapped. Only MI should remain as a spell, preferably as a way to 'tank' mobs for a bit rather than a DPS cooldown.

The old mage armor passives for each spec should return. Adding that passive defense to the weak shields (especially for Fire) sucks.

Also, I don't think Ray of Frost will remain. The the spell graphics are really bad and the gameplay is too limiting. I'm not a fan of Water Jet either because it is too annoying with haste buffs, pet AI and frost bolt travel speed to use consistently. I specced into Lonely Winter as soon as the talent revamp arrived and I never looked back, even in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    The problem there is, and maybe I am alone in feeling this, but Frost already feels stuffed with buttons.
    Yeah, that is a good reason to not add pet mechanics to Frost. Although they could streamline some Frost mechanics from the mage itself to keep it simple. Which would be very silly because Frost mages have never been advertised as a pet class and this would be annoying to most people, I imagine. Honestly, I want pet mechanics solely because pet classes are that much better solo-wise, not for any solid reason.

I haven't found Frost to be particularly stuffy or overflowing with buttons, but I never have to worry about meters and honestly just isn't that good with (Frost) mages.
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.