Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Well, good to have a source to state which happens first.

Now to wait and see how and why it actually happens. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    If they pull another theramore, Im literally done with anything doing with lore. At that point they could pull "we are raiding azeroth's exhaust port" and i wouldnt give two shits. Literally, they had everything set up with greymane being antagonistic, to the point of his damn history of wanting to exterminate the orc prisoners and go full hitler from wc1, yet, here we are again, with "the horde" antagonizing the alliance.

If there is an actual reason as to why I am going to burn down teldrassil, it better be a damn good one, like the damn tree was corrupted by nzoth and that cenarion circle came for my help. But if its "nzoth told sylvannas to do it," or "horde was repelled from stormwind, so they switched and burned teldrassil," or anything similar to "horde aggression" rather than the it being something NEEDING to happen, im fucking done with their lore, as they literally do the same thing every damn time.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    If they pull another theramore, Im literally done with anything doing with lore. At that point they could pull "we are raiding azeroth's exhaust port" and i wouldnt give two shits. Literally, they had everything set up with greymane being antagonistic, to the point of his damn history of wanting to exterminate the orc prisoners and go full hitler from wc1, yet, here we are again, with "the horde" antagonizing the alliance.

If there is an actual reason as to why I am going to burn down teldrassil, it better be a damn good one, like the damn tree was corrupted by nzoth and that cenarion circle came for my help. But if its "nzoth told sylvannas to do it," or "horde was repelled from stormwind, so they switched and burned teldrassil," or anything similar to "horde aggression" rather than the it being something NEEDING to happen, im fucking done with their lore, as they literally do the same thing every damn time.
    Right now I'd put my bet on the theory that Sylvanas learns of a plot by someone from the Horde to burn Teldrassil, and she actually shows up to try and stop it. That would at least make some sense and explain why she was at the scene. I'd still wonder why she didn't alert Darnasus and let them deal with it, since being seen at the scene was probably the surest way to start a war.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Jaina is setting up Sylvanas.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 100% sure that it'll turn out as some sort of rebel undead (again) doing something behind Sylvanas back (again), so she can go "it wasn't me!" route (again), to get more followers (again).
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    Right now I'd put my bet on the theory that Sylvanas learns of a plot by someone from the Horde to burn Teldrassil, and she actually shows up to try and stop it. That would at least make some sense and explain why she was at the scene. I'd still wonder why she didn't alert Darnasus and let them deal with it, since being seen at the scene was probably the surest way to start a war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I'm 100% sure that it'll turn out as some sort of rebel undead (again) doing something behind Sylvanas back (again), so she can go "it wasn't me!" route (again), to get more followers (again).
    and both of these will make me say "fuck this lore," their writers are complete garbage and need to be taken out back and taught how to make a proper reason for war and a equally harmonizing hook, not the same thing, refurbished over and over again.

If its "some rogue agent," then they literally have run out of ideas. They have used that as an IMPORTANT plot point more times than I care to remember already to cause strife between the two factions... Hell, i would be able to write up 5 different proper reasons almost blindfolded that would take everything into account as to why the horde would burn teldrassil and not have it be completely rehashed bullshit garbage that would be "rogue agent" or "warmongering."

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    and both of these will make me say "fuck this lore," their writers are complete garbage and need to be taken out back and taught how to make a proper reason for war and a equally harmonizing hook, not the same thing, refurbished over and over again.

If its "some rogue agent," then they literally have run out of ideas. They have used that as an IMPORTANT plot point more times than I care to remember already to cause strife between the two factions... Hell, i would be able to write up 5 different proper reasons almost blindfolded that would take everything into account as to why the horde would burn teldrassil and not have it be completely rehashed bullshit garbage that would be "rogue agent" or "warmongering."
    Good points, and fair enough. Probably best to withhold judgment though until we learn more. I do wonder why the Horde has to keep getting edgy leaders like Garrosh and Sylvanas, and why more couldn't have been done with Vol'jin. After all, if Vol'jin was still in charge, we'd all have zero doubts about him being responsible. We'd all just know he would never do such a thing so there must be another answer. With Sylvanas we just don't know. Even my Horde characters don't feel they know.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I'm 100% sure that it'll turn out as some sort of rebel undead (again) doing something behind Sylvanas back (again), so she can go "it wasn't me!" route (again), to get more followers (again), because we can't be evil (again), and we are going to be in the same A&H team (again), to fight the real evil (again).
    Not a rant, but you know that this is what will happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    Not a rant, but you know that this is what will happen.
    I would be happy if this was a false flag operation by greymane, then anduin realizes what the fuck he've done and asks malfurion/tyrande cancel his ability to keep sanity in worgen form, then he runs away into the woods and become a raid boss. Yeah, i would be fine with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

5+ Year Old Account
    I would be happy if this was a false flag operation by greymane, then anduin realizes what the fuck he've done and asks malfurion/tyrande cancel his ability to keep sanity in worgen form, then he runs away into the woods and become a raid boss. Yeah, i would be fine with that.
    While we've seen, pretty clearly, that he's willing to kill a great number of people, and order a great number of people to their deaths, for vengeance, I believe there's enough of a "Military Mindset" in Greymane that engaging in a false flag operation would be a step too far. He's willing to sacrifice soldiers, and kill soldiers, but risking a civilian populace like that is too far for the man we've been shown.

For example, look at Gilneas itself. As soon as the Worgen attack begins on the still-human populace he does his best to get Civilians out of the area. And even after the civilians are infected en-masse and the cure is provided to give them some control over themselves, his main focus as relates to the Forsaken assault force is to get his people to the ships. Sure, you could argue that it's a full on retreat, but we see him in the Silverpine Forsaken Questline at the gate, with soldiers and worgen and even his own daughter, still holding the line.

Then, in Stormheims, while the Forsaken and Gilnean forces are battling in the bay or fighting at the river, they do not fight within the temple/training grounds of the Val'kyr hopefuls. Instead he sends in a small tactical force to seek entry into the temple itself to track down Sylvanas where he could've just marched his army in. Sylvanas can't march her army in because it'll scare off Eyir, whom she wants to control, but Greymane? He could've pacified the temple and raced Sylvie. He didn't.

It shows us a leader who cares only about his own soldiers lives to the degree that he won't sacrifice them unless there's a good shot at vengeance on hand, but won't sacrifice people caught in the crossfire.

Like his son was.
    Last edited by Steampunkette; 2017-11-08 at 01:20 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    •The burning of Teldrassil is the event that causes the Alliance to lay siege to the Undercity.

devs confirmed it... Hope Warcraft lore stays great as always

10+ Year Old Account
    False flag is one way to make it a good reason why they are at war, but... they would never do that. Let's be honest here. Alliance characters will never be truly bad. We will probably never truly get another arthas of either alliance or horde, that is built up so well, to fall to true evil, and become that which they hate and had fought. Greymane has a chance of that, but very unlikely.

Other ways acre Nzoth corruption of the tree as I have said before, or made it seem corrupted (even if it might not be)

3rd option is that the alliance has won most of the azurite in the upcoming battle, canonly, and stockpiled it in darnassus. Horde says fuck that, seeing how destructive it is, and invades to get rid or take or destroy the stockpile, and the destruction is simply the azurite igniting to not allow the horde to gain it.

4th, it could have retaliation for another attack we have no knowledge about, that might be coming in the prepatch. They said this was the catalyst for undercity, so there has to be a catalyst for this. Could be losing her giant fleet that she was preparing for stormwind, could be losing some out post. Something caused this, but it would have been serious enough to take on the full might of the alliance.

5 it's revenge for the dancing trolls. Fucking evolves killed the dancing elves, so the loa and voljin demands vengeance /s

Quote Originally Posted by Elennoko View Post
    You're just another of those people that claim Sylvanas is evil despite there not being any real evidence for her being evil. Morally ambiguous? Yes. Evil? No.
    She knowingly raises more people to undeath knowing full well they will be sent to some fucked up hellish afterlife and does so without their consent. Undead are not an actual race, there is no need for her to keep making more except to protect her and keep her out of hell for as long as she can.

She tried to enslave a race that helps some people of all races return to life just so she could live forever as well as sacrificing living beings in order to prolong the life of herself and her friends.

She follows Garrosh's orders and attacks a neutral nation that has done nothing to them nor showed any intent of attacking them.

If that doesn't make her evil then what would? Cutting the heads off of babies to use their skulls for armor adornments? Cause she already has:

Ok this last one might be a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    The WoWhead post discusses the same things that have been discussed in the "Who strikes first" thread to death.

1) Sylvanas and the Horde aren't mentioned in the interview.
    2) Based on the incredibly awkward sentence structure and the discussion of the cinematics he might just be talking about the order they were revealed in rather than canonical chronology.
    Exactly this. I also prefer to listen to what came straight out of the developer's mouths at Blizzcon itself than otherwise. They say we don't know for sure. That it could go either way and we should wait until book/expansion launch. That's what I will do. I'll speculate on other things like who future sub races will be etc etc. <(^_^)>

Deleted
    I'm thinking Teldrassil is 100% a false flag attack engineered by Wrathion. After failing with his Iron Horde plot he's returned to his original plot of trying tog et the Alliance to disband and subjugate the Horde, unifying the forces of Azeroth into one army.

Man, Blizz would really suck at writing engaging stories.

I just hope Jaina isn't responsible in some sort of fucked up false flag by proxy.

That would actually be worse than Sylvanas.
    Last edited by Heavens Night; 2017-11-08 at 06:02 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Ahh, this makes me feel so calm and relaxed. Thank you for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    Have you seen the Horde Cinematic? The horde was overrun. It was leave, or die. They didn't just "abandon" the alliance.
    but of course, the horde should have all died to not abandon the alliance lol.