Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
    This is how I'd do an addition of Silver Covenant High Elves to the Alliance, knitted together from ideas I and Deicide separately have been putting fourth on a few forums:
    Assuming that something isn't already planned for the Silver Covenant for B4A.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by toxicrusader View Post
    Well, the group Alleria will train will not be formed by Blood Elves, but High Elves. Otherwise how would they be loyal to the Alliance? (I'm not even disagreeing with your statement, Blood Elves are named like that just to remember their fallen brethren.

But Blizzard saying we cannot have High Elves cause they are Blood Elves is beyond nonsense. They just wanna add some edgy race to the Alliance and needed an excuse.
    Alleria will recruit exiled Blood Elves.

Deleted
    Well, the group Alleria will train will not be formed by Blood Elves, but High Elves.
    I am sorry, I thought the same but it turns out that they will actually be Blood Elves instead.

RedShirtGuy confirmed it in this twitt.

Apparently, on the playable BfA demo, Alleria has a clickable dialogue with Anduin in the New District of Stormwind City,where she explains the origin of the void elves: how they are exiled blood elves kicked out of Silvermoon City for dabbling with void powers, and how she offered to train them under her guidance.
    Last edited by mmoc8f878eba78; 2017-11-08 at 01:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Alternative scenario to Yaskaleh's.

The High Elves are disgusted that the Alliance tolerates Void Elves. The Blood Elves' temporary use of fel energy was enough to trigger a schism. The High Elves thought the Alliance embodied their values.

But here is the Alliance bringing in Void Elves, something so bad even Silvermoon exiled them. This is a complete affront to the remaining High Elves. Auric Sunchaser leads the few remaining High Elves back to Quel'thalas.

There is some bitterness still, especially over the purge of Dalaran, but the desire to make their people whole again sees Lor'themar offer the High Elves a place again within Silvermoon.

When the more robust character creator comes in, this is why players will be able to select blue eyes.

The Alliance has it's void elves but they are an evolutionary dead end, sustained by hatred of the Horde and Silvermoon.

Well, the group Alleria will train will not be formed by Blood Elves, but High Elves. Otherwise how would they be loyal to the Alliance? (I'm not even disagreeing with your statement, Blood Elves are named like that just to remember their fallen brethren.

But Blizzard saying we cannot have High Elves cause they are Blood Elves is beyond nonsense. They just wanna add some edgy race to the Alliance and needed an excuse.
    Nah the people Alleria recruit are Blood Elves exiled from Silvermoon

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    There is some bitterness still, especially over the purge of Dalaran, but the desire to make their people whole again sees Lor'themar offer the High Elves a place again within Silvermoon.
    That's unlikely, Helves follow Vereesa and she's quite unwelcome in Silvermoon.

On a side note, Vereesa's also unwelcome in SW Embassy, she isn't even there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Yeah there's some speculation about that right now...I used Auric for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Its funny how you realize the population argument got burned, but are unable to see that the void elves also burned down the high elf argument too.

Blizzard went out of their way to not give you high elves, after telling you no for years. They gave you void elves instead, the message doesn't get more clear than that.
    To be fair to the future, I'm pretty sure I saw you make this exact point a couple weeks ago but referencing that because Blizzard put Blood Elves on the Horde it couldn't be more clear that Alliance would never get Thalassians.

Alas, here we are.

That said, virtually everyvody in this thread who says they want High Elves seem to be entirely focused on being able to utilize the BE model on the Alliance and not at all concerned with the actual storyline(s) of the High Elves.

You see, even if Alleria is emanating Void, she is still the continuation of a particular High Elf subplot. If Blizzard writes the story, such that all High Elves somehow become affected by the Void, their stories continue on. Regardless of their model.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post

On a side note, Vereesa's also unwelcome in SW Embassy, she isn't even there
    There is the theory that Vereesa is the dead elf in the Teldrassil images.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    That said, virtually everyvody in this thread who says they want High Elves seem to be entirely focused on being able to utilize the BE model on the Alliance and not at all concerned with the actual storyline(s) of the High Elves.

You see, even if Alleria is emanating Void, she is still the continuation of a particular High Elf subplot. If Blizzard writes the story, such that all High Elves somehow become affected by the Void, their stories continue on. Regardless of their model.
    No, you dont seem to be concerned with the story, when we said here countless times, that high elves are relevant in the story more than gnomes.
    And Alleria is not continuing high elf subplot, she is training blood elf outcasts who delve in void. Atleast this is the lore for now. Continuation of high elf subplot would be quel dorei and kaldorei vs sindorei and shaldorei.

Damn, even though I think it's an asspull, but I LOVE this theory.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems Malfurion isn't in SW Embassy as well. This is very worrying.

Deleted
    I expect Malfurion and Vereesa to die defending Teldrassil.

If Malfurian were to die, Tyrande would go ape-shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    If Malfurian were to die, Tyrande would go ape-shit.
    What can she do? Do autistic screeching and die at a sucide run on Orgrimmar? Her people got fucked over badly.

- - - Updated - - -

Alleria will recruit exiled Blood Elves.
    Quote Originally Posted by ex0LL View Post
    I am sorry, I thought the same but it turns out that they will actually be Blood Elves instead.

RedShirtGuy confirmed it in this twitt.

Apparently, on the playable BoA demo, Alleria has a clickable dialogue with Anduin in the New District of Stormwind City,where she explains the origin of the void elves: how they are exiled blood elves kicked out of Silvermoon City for dabbling with void powers, and how she offered to train them under her guidance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malagan View Post
    Nah the people Alleria recruit are Blood Elves exiled from Silvermoon
    Wow, really? So Alliance is getting actual BLOOD ELVES?

I don't care about the narrative, this looks so forced. I might be Void Elves are the worst allied race in terms of coherence (I'm open to be mistaken, tho).

I still think High Elves led by Alleria would me a better addition than them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
    What can she do? Do autistic screeching and die at a sucide run on Orgrimmar? Her people got fucked over badly.
    Truth be told, if there's one Alliance race that may do atrocities if angered, it's the night elves. They're the most savage of the bunch.
    Them losing their home and their calmer leader would mean they'd be out for blood.
    I could see them murdering whole orc towns and staking everyone as a warning: "you angered the wrong people, mofos".
    Whatever...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Truth be told, if there's one Alliance race that may do atrocities if angered, it's the night elves. They're the most savage of the bunch.
    Them losing their home and their calmer leader would mean they'd be out for blood.
    I could see them murdering whole orc towns and staking everyone as a warning: "you angered the wrong people, mofos".
    I hope so, the nelves have been a shadow of their wc3 selves.

Wow, really? So Alliance is getting actual BLOOD ELVES?

I don't care about the narrative, this looks so forced. I might be Void Elves are the worst allied race in terms of coherence (I'm open to be mistaken, tho).

I still think High Elves led by Alleria would me a better addition than them.
    I mean, there's no real difference between High Elves and Blood Elves other than the name. The difference used to be the green vs blue eyes due to Blood Elves dependency on Fel Magic, but Blood Elves stopped dealing in Fel Magic 5 expansions ago after Sunwell Plateau.

But basically the Void Elves/Nightborne thing is a way to give Night Elves to The Horde, and Blood Elves to the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Malagan View Post
    But basically the Void Elves/Nightborne thing is a way to give Night Elves to The Horde, and Blood Elves to the Alliance.
    And this is where is whole thing fails to me. While the Nightborne have a solid plot to join the Horde, giving Elves to the Alliance this way is something so forced to the point it stops making sense. The Silver Covenant would be a better addition than Void Elves pulled off a hat.

And I'm saying that after whishing High Elves for the Alliance since I made the transition from WC3 to WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    And this is where is whole thing fails to me. While the Nightborne have a solid plot to join the Horde, giving Elves to the Alliance this way is something so forced to the point it stops making sense. The Silver Covenant would be a better addition than Void Elves pulled off a hat.

And I'm saying that after whishing High Elves for the Alliance since I made the transition from WC3 to WoW.
    Why is this so difficult to grasp?

A Nightborne is distinct from a Night Elf so that was OK in their minds to grant to the Horde.

A High Elf IS a Blood Elf. They were NEVER giving the Alliance a copy of a Horde race without them being similarly distinct.