Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    You wont argue any points you mean. Talking like an old grandma just makes you look stupid.
    Not with you yeah. Get lost kid. Go watch anime or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    of all the things they will do , adding new models to them will be the last.
    Don't see why. Them new models are already there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So now that we've finally seen the end of the Vanilla faction versus the non-Vanilla faction, we're rapidly marshalling into a brand new "Vanilla flavour A" faction versus "Vanilla flavour B" faction conflict?

I really should've seen this coming.
    Remember Life of Brain when the followers split over the one shoe he lost?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by berpherp View Post
    people who wanted vanilla HAVE BEEN PLAYING THE GAME ON PRIVATE SERVERS FOR YEARS. therefore we don't want any major changes, the game is fine. it's obviously mouth-breathing nu-wowers who want to change everything.
    Objectively false: I wanted vanilla and never left retail.

A "fixed" Vanilla is NOT Vanilla

Simple as that.

Probably been said, but I cannot wait for people to realize hunters need ammo.

Deleted
    People who are asking for QoL changes are missing the point of emulating the vanilla experience.

Vanilla was different back then to what wow is now. Vanilla was never a focus on end game content, it was an emersive journey, leveling taking as long as it did and as difficulty was part of the experience. There was no fast track solution for dungeons queues, yes it's convenient but it breaks the emersion.

Yes the game was imbalanced, yes it was buggy but you can't ask for a plain vanilla ice-cream then complain it doesn't have sprinkles.

Maybe they might make QoL changes but then it would defy the point of trying to replicate classic wow

I personally want vanilla, not WoD 2.0
    Last edited by mmoc6d7115bbf2; 2017-11-08 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Don't see why. Them new models are already there.
    When people think main vanilla features they miss they might think of:

- Slow pace in raids and dungeons and leveling
    - Major Horde / Alliance differences, such as paladins vs shamans
    - The old models

Removing one of the big reasons people want to play vanilla would be stupid. Its comparative to making the raids 20 man rather than 40 man, or making leveling take a few days rather than a few weeks.

You're fundamentally changing the game, to the point where it is no longer vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    The people asking for changes usually never played vanilla that or had little success in it. They have no interest in preserving the game nor making this a success.
    There's certainly truth in what you say!

Quote Originally Posted by Daggot Ur View Post
    Didn't it work like a bubble? So the boss would actually switch to second on threat and kill em?
    I have no idea, I just googled it and then took a screenshot with gyazo.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    When people think main vanilla features they miss they might think of:

- Slow pace in raids and dungeons and leveling
    - Major Horde / Alliance differences, such as paladins vs shamans
    - The old models

Removing one of the big reasons people want to play vanilla would be stupid. Its comparative to making the raids 20 man rather than 40 man, or making leveling take a few days rather than a few weeks.

You're fundamentally changing the game, to the point where it is no longer vanilla.
    I want how the world worked back then, not how it looked.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    I don't think you're quite grasping this.

WoW Classic isn't WoW original, nor will it be. It will be an emulation and as close to original as they can make it. The code is gone. Also, Blizzard have to look at long term value, not just pandering to some diehards who will slowly let their sub lapse. They have to look at possible upgrade to the tech in line with the main system, and ensuring that the game itself fits their current design philosophy. They cannot just let it stay as it is, because technology moves on, let alone things like Direct X, they need to ensure not only compatability with that, but also their social systems and other tech.
    Sorry to piss on your parade, but the one who needs to move on is yourself and others like you. Blizzard doesn't cater to you, the incredibly vocal minority. They cater to the mass market, and the mass market will try Classic WoW, and if it doesn't have all the little QOL improvements, they will most likely go "Wtf is this?" then turn off and never play again, causing a lot of development money and time to be wasted, and make the whole project an utter waste of time and effort in Blizz's eyes.
    What Blizzard are most likely aiming for is the spirit and *feel* of Classic, not the letter and exact code. You can rant on and rave all you like about "it's not proper WoW", but sadly, and sorry to break it to you, in terms of what Blizzard is doing, you;re a terribly vocal minority they really couldn't give two shits about.
    So, in your WoW classic, expect the shop, tokens for gold, and also the small QOL improvements, and basically have just the old maps, quests, and fixed content releases, rather than all the minutae.

I personally want the original as it was, maybe with some very minor changes, but I want things like hit, defence, weapon skill grinds and such back, I kind of liked them. But I am being realistic in terms of what is doable, what Blizz will most likely deliver and such.
    Also the "But Nostalrius did it" is such a BS argument. They didn't charge people money, nor were a publically listed company responsible for promoting and selling a product, and nor did they have the resources capable of delivering something people expect, they just accepted it for what it was and were happy. The development game changes tremendously when things like that are involved
    Source for the "code is gone" aassertion? As for the second thing, have you read the Brack interviews? You do realize if they won't let it stay as is it, i.e. if they release a re-matered Vanilla, it will be taken like a major dump on the Legacy community and we will never play their *new* game and stick with private servers? Wouldn't you think they are fully aware of this? Also, have you read the Brack interviews?

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    *and feed their pets

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I want how the world worked back then, not how it looked.
    perhaps look for a remake on a private server then

Quote Originally Posted by GorkAndMork View Post
    Not with you yeah. Get lost kid. Go watch anime or something.
    Haha what a pathetic and weak bow out. Left with their head down.

I will be perfectly happy with following the original patch cycle... bugs and all. The only thing I would say is that they likely have a list of bug fixes and exploits... and should incorporate those earlier than live... obviously due to "hindsight" being 50/50 and all...

I will easily be able to use addons to incorporate feature I want.

What I will NOT miss from current WoW:

LFD/LFR
    iLevel
    RNG gear tokens with titanforging, sockets, "useless tertiary stats"
    Open Mob tagging
    Absolutely useless professions
    CRZ... omg so will not miss that

What I will embrace having back:

Awesome professions with some really good craftable gear/weapons!
    GEMS and lots of them!!!!!
    Lively hub cities
    Farming for mats, recipes, gear drops
    BUFFS! Including weapon stones/oils, consumables, pots/flasks
    Guilds! Actual, honest to god, guilds with people wanting to WORK TOGETHER to down bosses.
    Attunements.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    dont forget rogues with their poison crafting <3
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't want a fixed classic. I want it completely as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Blandalf View Post
    I don't want a fixed classic. I want it completely as it was.
    gonna be hard finding that original vanilla code again
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

And now for some icecream to cool things down:

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Oh geezus. This again. Don't you have anything better to do? Such as go play current WoW that you like so much?

Its going to be a (very) long time before classic servers go live. Why bother worrying about it now?

Deleted
    Well I hope they keep the new up to date models cause there is little to no point using the old models :P That isnt gonna change anything. But I do hope they change nothing else. I played in Vanilla like a great deal of the rest of you and I remember it being hard but primarily because of it being such a new endeavour I think a lot of people forget it was a huge majority of peoples first MMO. I dont think people will find it even half as hard as we did back then simply because we were bad at the game lol.