Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    When did people become such pussies?

Getting ganked was the way it went on PvP servers, people never used to cry about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Killing lowbies is the most pathetic behaviour that has ever existed in this game.
    Woóds
    <Angered>
    Draenor EU
    Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Here's the good news Twoddle. All the sadists/masochists who flag for PVP will all be instanced together on one shard, so it should be a blast for you. Meanwhile the rest of us will play the game the way we enjoy and no one has to come in here QQ'ing.

...unless you think there are a lot more sadists than masochists and the sadists will run out of players to grief.
    That kinda the point with PvP servers, you're lumped together with people who want the same thing no holds barred. Yeah my server was masochistic and sadistic, leveling in some zones took much longer than it would have otherwise but I have absolutely no regrets. Don't want that? Roll PvE and set your PvP flag when you're up for it.

What you want is to call yourself hardcore by playing on a PvP server but want opposing factions to behave 'nice' and instead of enforcing PvE through the game you want mods to enforce week long bans for playing as the game allows on a PvP server. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    PvP, guards one shotting full geared mains, theres plenty of things that killed WPvP but people getting killed wasnt one of them.

Detach yourself from the scenario and dont get so emotional over a video game for christ sake. Ganking is particularly bad now because its impossible to fight back, if it was a little fairer like in the past it wouldnt be half as much a talking point for people.
    Strange how you are complaining about guards one shotting players yet other players one shotting low level toons is okay.

I hear people complaining about WPVP being dead. Really? What is stopping players complaining about WPvP from organizing a city raid to GoldShire or in front of Orgrimmar? Not worth it? You want WPvP, so start one. You want it handed to you on a plate?

Speaking of making people squirm, how great is it going to be to see the gankers squirm when they have an even fight? They are SOL because you know they'd be fighting their own level if they could win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GutsAP View Post

Getting ganked was the way it went on PvP servers, people never used to cry about it.
    Yeah, we that doesn't mean it's the best way to do it. Things change and we can only hope they change for the better, like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    That kinda the point with PvP servers, you're lumped together with people who want the same thing no holds barred. Yeah my server was masochistic and sadistic, leveling in some zones took much longer than it would have otherwise but I have absolutely no regrets. Don't want that? Roll PvE and set your PvP flag when you're up for it.

What you want is to call yourself hardcore by playing on a PvP server but want opposing factions to behave 'nice' and instead of enforcing PvE through the game you want mods to enforce week long bans for playing as the game allows on a PvP server. No thanks.
    Why do you all continue to make this argument? You really don't see the difference in a player wanting to PVP with other similar level players in a zone while questing and a level 110 bro killing you and all your quest givers until someone who can actually PVP shows up and kills him?

There's such a huge difference and the first option is so rare because the levelers are being griefed so much by the gankers that both are to tired of the bullshit to even PVP each other.

But you will still be lumped with those same people. The only people leaving the lump are the ones who never wanted to be in the lump in the first place. Why do you insist that folks who do not want to PVP be forced to flag PVP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    I assume the toggling will have a delay like current PvP toggling?
    If I remember correctly, it will have to be toggled on or off in major cities, so I would imagine there wouldn't be a timer in that case, it's a bit unnecessary.
    My heart has joined the Thousand, for my friend stopped running today.

By Shyama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GutsAP View Post

You are new to the game..... or just plain blind, ignorant or both. Ganking lowies has been a thing on the official forum since the release of classic, in all regions.

But sure, calling people pussies make you look like a "real man". Growing up to be a real man is much harder.... and takes longer when you are a teenager. ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    Why do you all continue to make this argument? You really don't see the difference in a player wanting to PVP with other similar level players in a zone while questing and a level 110 bro killing you and all your quest givers until someone who can actually PVP shows up and kills him?

There's such a huge difference and the first option is so rare because the levelers are being griefed so much by the gankers that both are to tired of the bullshit to even PVP each other.
    Because I still don't understand why people don't roll PvE if they don't want it. You want a PvP server but want everyone on the same page 'playing nice'. The factions are at war remember.

There's no difference between a 110 ganking level 10s and 40s ganking level 25s. This was dished out to me all day while questing in Stonetalon Mountains with 10 minute corps runs, which turned me into a better PvPer (and ganker) later on. Ganking is all part of it, again if you don't want that roll PvE, if you do, like me, roll PvP.

But you will still be lumped with those same people. The only people leaving the lump are the ones who never wanted to be in the lump in the first place. Why do you insist that folks who do not want to PVP be forced to flag PVP?
    Yes you will be lumped with those people because we all consent to the same thing but you're not forced to, roll PvE.
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2017-11-08 at 11:29 AM.

Deleted
    Because I still don't understand why people don't roll PvE if they don't want it. You want a PvP server but want everyone on the same page 'playing nice'. The factions are at war remember.

There's no difference between a 110 ganking level 10s and 40s ganking level 25s. This was dished out to me all day while questing in Stonetalon Mountains with 10 minute corps runs, which turned me into a better PvPer (and ganker) later on. Ganking is all part of it, again if you don't want that roll PvE, if you do, like me, roll PvP.
    Except that terms like "better" and "ganker" don't go together in one sentence you are quiet right. That is the way it has been for years now. But writing "you can be attacked everywhere at any given time" doesn't necessarily imply to the average people that cowardly gameplay like ganking lowies is the norm. I would guess that most people thought of "you can be attacked everywhere at anytime by other players in that area that have close the same level" and not expecting low moral / low self-esteem sorry cowards who have no other things in life to draw enjoyment from other than being able to make other people feel miserable. Well that is not what i expected when i first logged in a PvP server at Eu-Start February 2005, but i dealt with it. And for the first couple of years it has been fun to hunt down those cowards that only pick low levels. After a time i grew tired of it, because they are like cockroaches: once you've killed of one two other appear to the first ones funeral.

Anyway, long story short: If you are unhappy with the change you can always thank those who are responsible for it => the gankers and brainfarters that always proclaim "uh man, it's PvP go roll PvE" that took it to far over the years. It ist's not like there are as many gankers as there are PvPers that hate ganking lowies or even as much as PvEers. But those "jerk groups" aka gankers and griefplayers is the smallest possible group that has the most potential to ruin a huge part of the game for more players than they represent them selves. And according to all these "whine threads" in all these forums in all these years.... boy they sure did ensure that they do the biggest possible damage.

So what are you argueing? Saying "if you have been on a PvP for friends but disliking PvP => you're wrong, go PvE!!" now doesn't make any sense. Since those people won't have to, the change WILL come. And to me as a PvP player that is a very good change. I even have to resub for that reason alone, just to give Blizzard credit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrclyde-79 View Post
    Anyway, long story short: If you are unhappy with the change you can always thank those who are responsible for it => the gankers and brainfarters that always proclaim "uh man, it's PvP go roll PvE" that took it to far over the years. It ist's not like there are as many gankers as there are PvPers that hate ganking lowies or even as much as PvEers. But those "jerk groups" aka gankers and griefplayers is the smallest possible group that has the most potential to ruin a huge part of the game for more players than they represent them selves. And according to all these "whine threads" in all these forums in all these years.... boy they sure did ensure that they do the biggest possible damage.
    The change has always gone towards that direction anyway, started with guards at quest hubs. WoW minus the fun for those who wanted it.

So what are you argueing? Saying "if you have been on a PvP for friends but disliking PvP => you're wrong, go PvE!!" now doesn't make any sense. Since those people won't have to, the change WILL come. And to me as a PvP player that is a very good change. I even have to resub for that reason alone, just to give Blizzard credit.
    No, what are YOU arguing? You are praising a change that has always been there for you, full PvE servers, go make friends there instead.

Would it make you happy if they disallowed fighting between 5 or greater levels difference where YOU can play and made and extra tier of servers called "Hardcore PvP", no guards and where anything goes? Probably not because for some twisted reason you don't want to give fun to those who want it, you don't even have to go there.

Yes you will be lumped with those people because we all consent to the same thing but you're not forced to, roll PvE.
    I did roll PVE. In the new system I'll probably be flagging PVP from time to time when I'm bored. Since I know it will only be other players who are legit into WPVP and not just ganking/griefing, I think I'll enjoy it again like I did during Burning Crusade (and to a lesser degree in Wrath). But the beauty is all the times I just want to quest and not PVP, I don't have to leave my guild and server transfer.

- - - Updated - - -

No, what are YOU arguing? You are praising a change that has always been there for you, full PvE servers, go make friends there instead.

Would it make you happy if they disallowed fighting between 5 or greater levels difference where YOU can play and made and extra tier of servers called "Hardcore PvP", no guards and where anything goes? Probably not because for some twisted reason you don't want to give fun to those who want it, you don't even have to go there.
    Who do you think you are to tell me what friends to make? Do you not understand how ridiculous you sound?

But here you are whining and crying that I'll be able to turn my PVP status off, all the while telling me to reroll on a PVE server. - which turns my PVP flag off!..how does that make any sense? All Blizzard is doing is not make us pay the $25 server transfer fee to turn our PVP flag on and off.

As far as your 2nd paragraph, I've proposed Blizz make WPVP-with-rules servers for years, but the PVP server community cries to high heaven every time any one suggest that WPVP have any semblance of structure. If they made rules where you couldn't just roll over a level 10 player for hours on end for the sole reason that it amuses you, I would likely still be on that PVP server.
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2017-11-08 at 01:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did roll PVE. In the new system I'll probably be flagging PVP from time to time when I'm bored. Since I know it will only be other players who are legit into WPVP and not just ganking/griefing, I think I'll enjoy it again like I did during Burning Crusade (and to a lesser degree in Wrath). But the beauty is all the times I just want to quest and not PVP, I don't have to leave my guild and server transfer.

Who do you think you are to tell me what friends to make? Do you not understand how ridiculous you sound?

But here you are whining and crying that I'll be able to turn my PVP status off, all the while telling me to reroll on a PVE server. - which turns my PVP flag off!..how does that make any sense? All Blizzard is doing is not make us pay the $25 server transfer fee to turn our PVP flag on and off.

As far as your 2nd paragraph, I've proposed Blizz make WPVP-with-rules servers for years, but the PVP server community cries to high heaven every time any one suggest that WPVP have any semblance of structure. If they made rules where you couldn't just roll over a level 10 player for hours on end for the sole reason that it amuses you, I would likely still be on that PVP server.
    Now you're arguing something different. You want to change the rules of PvP servers because you want to follow your friends there.

There's no reason for me to argue the second point, whether or not PvP servers go or stay, what happens happens. As I said, Blizzard have always moved in that direction and now they make it complete.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Some people roll on PvP servers to experience PvP. Some people roll on PvP servers because their friends are on PvP servers, despite hating PvP, because they want to play with their friends. After this change the first group cannot force the second group into something they do not want to do. Am I missing something here? Why is this a bad thing?
    Now you remove the option and kick the first group out of something they signed up for.

Since Blizzard decided to essentially terminate PvP servers, I will be ganking the hell out of people all weekend. Hopefully I can cause enough frustration that a few people to cancel their subs. That will be my fuck you to blizzard.

Deleted
    The change has always gone towards that direction anyway, started with guards at quest hubs. WoW minus the fun for those who wanted it.
    Again... Even that is not the fault of people being ganked. It is the fault of people that took ganking to far. Missing self control while being in game and on the forums.

I am not arguing, because that what you advice here will soon be irrelevant since PvP and PvE servers will be gone. And it is a different story between PvE server and toggle PvP. By the way i have the slight feeling you have problems reading: i am and always have been on a PvP-Server. I just do support people you think are fair game to you, having a blast just for ruining other peoples playtime for what ever nonsense reasons calling it PvP.
    I have never understand those twisted thoughts. I often read (and did so in the past) the lame ass sorry excuse of a reason from people "i only gank lowies to get them to log on to their main"..... Yeah right. Because we all play since vanilla and every lowie is having a full decked main. And "so you gank lowies in lowieregions to get them to log on to their main..... while real PvPers like are in highlevel zones looking for some exciting PvP encounters and wonder where all of those people are that falsely claim to PvPers."

You are wrong. If that would really make you happy, those "hardcore PvP-Servers" i am all for it and let you and other minded people have it. But that is not the problem. The problem is that, if what you just said is true, your kind is an extreme minority within the minority of players. So IF there would be a Server where there are no guards and safe zones and PvP can happen everywhere and at any given time with no easy way out, i'll give you my word: 98% of the self-appointed PvP-Ultra-Tough-dudes don't want to play on the Server. People with equal interests play together would be a fair type of gameplay, what (you said it yourself) most people of your kind don't want.

Want an example? I don't know since when you have been around, but do you remember alt-PvP? Maxed out 19/29/39/49/59 alts with best equip available dominating BGs of their bracked against leveling alts with normal equip? They claimed nonsense like "we only fight for a challenge, normal leveling alts are just collateral damage" and even "if you don't want to be stomped, don't go BGs" (basically saying: if you can't handle PvP go PvE). So Blizz took years to make an change to ENSURE that PvP-alts can have what they want: a challenge, by just letting fight against their kind. How did that turn out? Over 90% of those who claim in seek of a challenge stopped alt-PvP. So claim and reality has been so much apart.

What does it mean for the PvP toggle? Well almost the same situation, because nothing changes from the PvP/PvE servers we have now. You want to feel the danger while out in the world? Just turn the PvP-toggle on. You want to feel the danger when leveling an alt and have a high chance to be onehitted by a max level character to feel the dense immersive danger and threat? Just toggle on PvP while leveling.
    Only ONE thing does in fact change: you don't get to determine that others should feel the danger if they don't feel like. And that is actually a good change, i would even say: for the VAST MAJORITY of the overall player base.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Duckypoo View Post
    Since Blizzard decided to essentially terminate PvP servers, I will be ganking the hell out of people all weekend. Hopefully I can cause enough frustration that a few people to cancel their subs. That will be my fuck you to blizzard.
    Actually not worth an answer.... but wow, you are so tough and mature. My hero! I want to be like you. This intelligence, this strength, this courage...... and the inability to see that it is exactly THIS type of behavior that all led to exact the situation you are facing now: a switch to PvP for everybody. It is all your (and your kinds) fault that it will come...... rolemodel. ;-)

Actually not worth an answer.... but wow, you are so tough and mature. My hero! I want to be like you. This intelligence, this strength, this courage...... and the inability to see that it is exactly THIS type of behavior that all led to exact the situation you are facing now: a switch to PvP for everybody. It is all your (and your kinds) fault that it will come...... rolemodel. ;-)
    Hahaha! Yeah, PvP happening on a PvP server is the cause. The cause is all the pussy carebears that don't even play on a PvP server bitching about being ganked on their loser PvE server. Go step on a lego kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Not really, they gank for reactions like yours mostly.
    Maybe I'm doing it wrong then, because when I rock up with my main they're generally nowhere to be found.

Deleted
    Whenever i see a thread like this i realise how sick i am, that when i do play in pvp servers and i find other faction low level players, i do help them instead of ganking them. what is wrong with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Whenever i see a thread like this i realise how sick i am, that when i do play in pvp servers and i find other faction low level players, i do help them instead of ganking them. what is wrong with me?
    You must be capable of garnering enjoyment of the game without impeding that of others. You shall be sentenced to a few years of highschool to amend this.

I wont be because i'm a decent human being and dont hate myself
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default