Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity91 View Post
    Your salty tears are quite delicious.
    Yeah have it. I'll be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Potato Knight View Post
    My personal 2 copper:

My take on this (and it's an opinion I've aired elsewhere) is that the realm should progress when a defined percentage of the playerbase are ready to progress, and this would be determined by a vote, every 3 months, first vote starting a year after launch. Everyone with a minimum of one active level 60 character on the classic server gets a vote. As soon as a predetermined percentage (need not be a majority, I'll leave that to others to figure out) of the playerbase is ready to move on, BOOM, TBC pre-patch, then TBC after a month. Rinse, repeat TBC->WotLK.

Possibly on patch night Blizzard can create a copy of the server so that players who want to remain on Classic only can continue there whilst the rest of the playerbase moves on. Same for WotLK. This would just split the community though so I'd only do it if uptake was very high anyway.
    Yeah I mean that's a totally valid opinion and a path they certainly could take (although I think the vote thing is probably unlikely, some people will probably feel like they're being forced out by the other players, I think it's much more likely Blizzard just says "roughly x months after this event, say death of kel'thuzad, we will go on" if they decide to go the new expansion route).

Personally I like the new patches option though. I'd love to just see a slightly more fleshed out vanilla experience with another couple of content patches over the course of a few years. Not going to Outland or creating new islands (wotlk, mop) or shattering the world (cata).

I also definitely want to see balance changes to vanilla but I realize a lot of people feel very strongly about this so I doubt Blizzard is actually going to do any balancing changes (for fear of scaring away purists). But I think there is a way to actually please both crowds, ie both the purists and the classic+ people.

That solution would be additional content patches in EK & K after the original patch cycle containing new raids, balancing and some other stuff (like lowered maximum respec cost). That way purists get to play through the entire vanilla experience as it was, and the people who want some Classic+ features will know that eventually their favorite spec will be viable - so they can 'suffer' through the original patch cycle playing an alt or another spec.

+ We get to see some more vanilla esque gameplay

But that's just my opinion. I hope people can agree on this as a form of middle ground instead of blindly hating on eachother (the same old "you dont want pure vanilla gtfo" and "yeah you can watch your game burn and die as everyone realizes pure vanilla was trash").

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FireVoodoo View Post
    Are actually serious about this? Man It physically hurts to even read it.

Rinse, repeat TBC->WotLK?

Seriously?

Why on God's green earth would some one want it? You want progression with billion stuff to do? Don't we have retail for that?

I mean I still play on retail from time to time I even killed HC KJ back in Aug. I don't hate Retail.

But sometimes I want something... ...ultra-familiar and cozy. I do not want TBC. I actually hate it. I only made peace with the Idea of forced xpacks in around WoLTK or so.

Can't we have just that? 1.12.1?

Why would you want "progression" in the game long dead?
    If a server is left to mature and live without ever progressing it will eventually die from growing stale (all content on farm, most people have the best gear they can ever achieve etc). The reason you dont see this on private servers is that they don't last very long until they get shut down for various reasons, thus people have to keep starting over on new servers all the time and they almost never reach this stale state.
    Last edited by RelaZ; 2017-11-08 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firost View Post
    lets hope they listen to the correct community
    This this this. Before Vanilla was announced there was a smaller diehard community that fought for it. Now that it's announced literally everyone who plays retail WoW has joined in on the discussion, and I just hope they do not listen to them and start modifying Vanilla to please their needs. For the love of god leave it unchanged.

I would like to see them add the Burning Crusade content to it, too.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato Knight View Post
    To be fair, from what I've seen discussed, some really good players can make supposedly non-viable builds competitive. I personally did not play in classic (I've played vanilla on private servers though) so I would not have witnessed this.

I wonder is the class unbalance so large as people believe or is it just that certain builds are substantially harder to skillfully play?
    Actually, it is not. Vanilla class philosophy was like this: you got your raiding spec (for which your PvE-sets were designed) and couple of unorthodox specs so to speak, for “other” stuff.

But If you know the game REALLY good it opened you the whole knew level. You could actually collect non-set gear for non-raiding spec and kick ass like no-one. Like you could actually tank or DD as pala. You will not beat equally geared dedicated classes played by pros (2-3% of server population), while the rest... you got the idea.

We got pala tank back in AQ40 Nax and Spriest. Because they wanted it very much and they were extremely dedicated. And believe me they got hell of good time back then. And they both left WoW in BC with 1\3 of my guild.

I mean today all you need is to spend couple of hours on Nost forum to get all the top-notch info about your unorthodox spec to rape the game mercilessly.
    Last edited by FireVoodoo; 2017-11-08 at 02:36 PM.
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.

Everyone has their own idea of what the game should be, and that's not the fucking point of making the game available again. Change nothing besides bugs and lag. Patch for patch.

But Blizzard will, without a doubt, fuck this up. And I won't be playing it and I'm sure many others won't play it when they do fuck it up. But a lot of people will buy it, because I guarantee there will be a digital deluxe edition with pets and cosmetics in other games.

Vanilla WoW has a bigger chance of becoming a side version of the game that wont tread on retail if its actually a real vanilla client. If its not genuine vanilla then a lot of people wont play it and the only players who will are going to be taken from retail. Vanilla WoW is appealing to people who are not subbed and people who are still playing retail who have played the game for over a decade out of nothing more then obligation. I simply dont trust Blizzard to not update the game into something that is on track to wind up where retail is. I just wont invest the time if there are content updates or massive changes. Only if there are no updates will I bother to build a character in a Blizzard game these days.

15+ Year Old Account
    All the trolls, rejoice!

I guess it will be Classic+, so to speak. If it will be the case (5ppl UBRS, "class balance" etc) - I pass.

But hey, we still will have our private realms will all the scams and drama included.

Sigh.

Well, at least I will not forfeit what was left of my life (hopefully).

Source (34 mins mark):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkdTS_8Y61Q

Adrenalin rush since announcement gone. I enjoyed hater's salty tears while it lasted, but deep inside I knew they will win in the end. Again. Because it’s modern day Blizzard.

So be it. Have it haters.

Anyways Whether they will implement 1.12.1 rule-set with current graph - the sanest thing to do - or whether they will create Classic+ abomination. I'm fine.

I'm good ether way. I will either have my game back or I will preserve what’s left of my life.

Bur my point is this. The moment you start those QoL changes (5UBRS, class rebalance, free respecs etc) the moment you will seed anxiety, the feel of betrayal and mutual hatred. You will never please large enough group among those who demand those changes, while the bulk of the target group which demanded it in the first place will feel grand betrayal yet again.

Just my 2 cents.

Flame on.
    Aren't you a bowl of fun.

I cant tell if your happy or pissed ...

Quote Originally Posted by Firost View Post
    lets hope they listen the correct community
    They shouldn't listen to any community. They should ask the question, "What was Vanilla", and just make that game again.

Deleted
    I think "community feedback" refers more to stuff like what J Allan said in an interview regarding the size of UBRS.

So imo this refers to stuff like should content be released all at once or follow a progression, while we're at it should we follow the original vanilla patch progression (like starting from actual 1.0 and going onwards to 1.12), or stick to the 1.12 patch and release content progresively (or have it all released at once), should we release BGs at launch or not, (I hope they can restore Old AV ), etc.

I like to think Blizzard is a smart compnay. I like to believe they know the target audience for classic servers. I like to think they know that changing Vanilla could potentially turn it into a game that almost nobody will like while also alienating the target audience.
    I don't think Blizzard would've gone through all this ordeal just to release a product that a very small minorty will like. Blizzard heard our pleas, and I'm sure they will keep their word and release an authentic Classic experience.

Quote Originally Posted by N0stalgia View Post
    Agree. I am even kinda on the + side my self I want all 3 class specs to be useful for pvp/raids in the past it was not the case. I was kinda thinking the pre Bc patch for that 2 or 3 month wait before Bc launched.
    That ain't happening. Theyt would have to rework a lot of gear and add set bonuses to gear that were not there before. If you want classic you want classic, not modern WoW.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Aren't you a bowl of fun.

I cant tell if your happy or pissed ...
    I'm just trying to play it cool. Am I successful?

Quote Originally Posted by RelaZ View Post
    While I actually like Classic+ (class balancing and maybe cap max respec cost a bit lower - but none of the other stuff) there are actually many, many questions that they will have to figure out even if they don't go the Classic+ route - and that they might want to know the community's opinion when making decisions.

For example:

Should it be progressive patches or should it just be 1.12 from the start?

What should happen after all content has been completed? Move on to new expansions (TBC)? Create new content patches in the same spirit as vanilla on kalimdor/ek? Static forever at 1.12?

If the choice is new expansions, how should the transition be done? Should you be allowed to copy (or transfer) your character to a new realm, or should it function just like on regular realms with new expansions?

If they choose to do new content patches in Azeroth (no new expansions) - i.e 1.13 and so on, then what kind of content do players want? New BGs? Raids? Which difficulty should the raids have (same as 2004 MC or should it be upped considering the playerbase is "better" nowadays)? Should this patch contain class balancing? etc etc

All in all, that statement does not necessarily imply what you think it does.
    Progressive, because Vanilla cannot be looked at as a single point in a 2 year experience, and the experience is the whole point of making the servers.

Keep moving through the expansions, maintain a few of the servers at Classic forever. Advertise this when they are opened. "This sever will stop at 1.12, this server will stop before WoTLK, this one before Cata" etc.

Adding content is missing the point. No new content.

Blizzard will, in fact, fuck it up.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    Progressive, because Vanilla cannot be looked at as a single point in a 2 year experience, and the experience is the whole point of making the servers.

Keep moving through the expansions, maintain a few of the servers at Classic forever. Advertise this when they are opened. "This sever will stop at 1.12, this server will stop before WoTLK, this one before Cata" etc.

Blizzard will, in fact, fuck it up.
    Pretty much this. Especially the last line.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm just trying to play it cool. Am I successful?
    Only you know the answer to that.

Missing the point? According to you, a purist, maybe. Maybe not so much to other crowds.

Personally I feel as if TBC and WotLK were complete miss-steps, especially if you (as you claim) absolutely love vanilla, the exact way it was with no QoL-changes. Vanilla-esque content patches after the original patch cycle would be far far more in-line with vanilla than WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by RelaZ View Post
    Missing the point? According to you, a purist, maybe. Maybe not so much to other crowds.

Personally I feel as if TBC and WotLK were complete miss-steps, especially if you (as you claim) absolutely love vanilla, the exact way it was with no QoL-changes. Vanilla-esque content patches after the original patch cycle would be far far more in-line with vanilla than WotLK.
    They aren't making Vanilla because they feel they need a do over. People don't want it because they hope we go somewhere else from Naxx. It's because they game is no longer available, and like NES and SNES classics, people just want to go and play the game again as it was. That is the entire purpose of the classic servers. If you want anything else, then as all the fucking casuals have said to Vanilla and TBC fans over the years as the game changed, this game is not for you.

They shouldn't listen to any community. They should ask the question, "What was Vanilla", and just make that game again.
    The only reason Classic is happening at all is because they've chosen to listen to the community, after years of being convinced that this wasn't a good idea.

The people who demanded legacy servers got extremely mad when they were told they didn't know what they wanted ("you think you do, but you don't"), but the very minute legacy servers got announced, and Blizzard stated that they would need a shit-ton of feedback to create a version of vanilla that would please most of them, they turned around and started fighting each other, proving that, as a group, they didn't know what they wanted in the first place.

If them asking how do you want Classic to work translates as "they're not going to do what I want" or "the trolls (aka people with a different opinion) are going to ruin it", then you just proved that you weren't worth their time.

Fight for what you asked for, bring good arguments to the discussion and prove that what you ask for is logical and feasible. You cried until they got their attention, now it's your time to make your demands, not look at the floor at wait for good things to happen on their own.

Don't be that guy that asks for them to "bring back the fun" and just complains about everything without suggesting alternatives.

Don't dismiss other people's ideas without stating why you think they're wrong. And don't assume that your point of view is that of the majority or the one that would please the majority despite them not knowing better, you're not that much smarter than the person above or below you.

I'm not interested on Classic servers, but I wouldn't like people being this useless to the discussion if something I wanted was to be added to the game and their feedback was key to its implementation.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    That ain't happening. Theyt would have to rework a lot of gear and add set bonuses to gear that were not there before. If you want classic you want classic, not modern WoW.
    well it is classic still is was a active classic patch. i mean how far classic do we want at launch we could not even do WSG or AB let alone 3 day Av battles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people are way to invested into the purity of Vanilla. It's reaching cult levels of absurdity, as if classic didn't have class balancing going on during it's duration.