Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Genetic variation.
    This is why you don't have kids with close cousins. It is socially unacceptable, but also the reason is that the chance of your kids becoming very deformed (Middle East is a fine example where they usually marry close cousins). The more different your partner is genetically, the lower chance of the kid having some kind of a defect.
    You have enough genetic variation even with your own people if you don't engage in incest.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Congratulations on having zero clue about how well people with Down's syndrome can manage in life.
    Take notice of how you said "can". No one can dispute that raising a child with a debilitating incurable illness is difficult, much more so than a healthy child.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malvalen View Post
    I feel like when you make the decision to have a baby, you should also commit to loving that child exactly the way they are, and that's what those parents in the OP are doing by saying that you shouldn't feel sorry for them. Sounds like some people in here just shouldn't be parents.
    Ridiculous. There's a number of terminal and incurable conditions that are detected long before birth, carrying them to term would be misguided and calling anyone that goes through that and chooses to terminate pregnancy "unfit parents" is pathetic. Get out, creep.

I feel like when you make the decision to have a baby, you should also commit to loving that child exactly the way they are, and that's what those parents in the OP are doing by saying that you shouldn't feel sorry for them. Sounds like some people in here just shouldn't be parents.
    Why? Give justifications beyond what you "feel like". Why shouldn't parents be allowed a life free of the pain and burden that comes with a down syndrome child? Because you don't "feel" like that is fair?

10+ Year Old Account
    Inside the dream. But who is the dreamer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Ridiculous. There's a number of terminal and incurable conditions that are detected long before birth, carrying them to term would be misguided and calling anyone that goes through that and chooses to terminate pregnancy "unfit parents" is pathetic. Get out, creep.
    Again, I apologize. That was absolutely a poor choice of words on my part. I completely understand the termination of a pregnancy that would result in a child that would suffer or die. It truly wasn't my intent to be judgmental like that, but I failed in how I expressed myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenswood View Post
    Why? Give justifications beyond what you "feel like". Why shouldn't parents be allowed a life free of the pain and burden that comes with a down syndrome child? Because you don't "feel" like that is fair?
    Totally right. I screwed up here in what I was trying to convey. I'm incredibly sorry for the upset I've caused.
    Last edited by Dougie Cooper; 2017-11-08 at 03:06 PM.

Deleted
    I wish we could detect liberalism prenatally

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    What an absolutely delightful chap you are.
    He got a bag of shit as his avatar did you expect more?

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    How do you manage to look even dumber than the real Donald...over and over again. His twitter feed has got nothing on you.
    How is that dumb considering everything that was said is in fact most of the time the case. There are somewhat less common cases of a child with this that is functional completely as an adult, but more often than not both childhood and adult life is going to suck for the parents more than a child without it/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    The question is, if you say "sorry", is it for the kid or the parents?
    Both? Childhood is going to be harder than normal for both and adult life is going to at least be harder for the child.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    I though the S word was going to be special.

Lmfao.

realtalk, dont have children with disabilities if you get the choice, you're not strong, you're stupid.
    That's the stupid thing about videos like this. If given the choice most if not all parents would choose not to have a child with down's syndrome. If they actually did choose to do so, they should be stripped of parental rights and the ability to have more because they're basically forcing a child to have a shitty life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    My old school friend has an older brother, who was born with downs. He works at a restaurant, and pays taxes, so he gives back to society.
    Can you say the same?
    Anecdotal evidence doesn't contradict what he said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I’m not suggesting we force abortions. We just keep doing what we’re doing. Down Syndrome has dramatically decreased because women get the tests done and decide to abort. Personally, I think it’s the right decision to abort, but if you decide not to, it’s not my business.
    It kind of is. Would you allow someone to keep having kids if they stuck their infant in the head repeatedly? Same concept applies considering they knowingly forced a child to grow up this way.

It is funny, isnt it?
    Everyone is born helpless and has to be taken care of for many years. Then there is some time in the middle. Then everyone gets sick and dies. And everyone is running around as if they are perfect in every way. Thats hilarious to me. especially when I see someone who is covered in make up, and tattoos, and crazy clothes and hair - hiding everything they are; making themselves to be something that they were not born into this world as - and that person is the most vocal and points the most fingers and does everything they can to keep the attention off of them and on someone else, that is funny. That is what I am sorry for. For them. For them not being able to see the big puzzle. To see that every piece is different and each fits in its own way to make the picture not only come together, there is also an interlocking connection, a synergy, which creates strength where there was once none.

Once each piece accepts its edges and those of its neighbors, and every other piece in the box and on the table, the puzzle will be complete. Every piece will comprehend how it makes every other piece more complete.

Again, I apologize. That was absolutely a poor choice of words on my part. I completely understand the termination of a pregnancy that would result in a child that would suffer or die. It truly wasn't my intent to be judgmental like that, but I failed in how I expressed myself.

Totally right. I screwed up here in what I was trying to convey. I'm incredibly sorry for the upset I've caused.
    Lol, relax. I still want to hear what you meant tho, if you'd like to explain