Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    Meanwhile Horde gets Nightborn which is just Night Elves...
    This isn't really an accurate comparison:

High Elves literally are Blood elves. They are the same exact race separated by a cultural schism that happened less than 2 decades ago, a schism that no longer even seems relevant since the Sunwell is back and the Blood Elves have rejected any kind of fel influence or siphoning power from unwilling hosts.

Nightborne have been isolated for 10,000 years and developed into an entirely distinct people both culturally and physiologically.

Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post

High Elves literally are Blood elves. They are the same exact race separated by a cultural schism that happened less than 2 decades ago, a schism that no longer even seems relevant since the Sunwell is back and the Blood Elves have rejected any kind of fel influence or siphoning power from unwilling hosts.

Nightborne have been isolated for 10,000 years and developed into an entirely distinct people both culturally and physiologically.
    I think you should've said "less than 1 decade ago" to emphasise how recently it actually happened.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    I think you should've said "less than 1 decade ago" to emphasise how recently it actually happened.
    I'm not really certain how much time has passed in-game since launch (well, technically pre-launch since we are talking about War 3 Frozen Throne). I thought it was over 10 years?

One side of the high and blood elves didn't also have to resort to eating magic from the Sunwell for sustenance like the Nightborne.
    Anyone who can't see a the huge differences between night elves and nightborne are just high elf fanboys looking for any argument to keep "the dream alive".

I'm not really certain how much time has passed in-game since launch (well, technically pre-launch since we are talking about War 3 Frozen Throne). I thought it was over 10 years?
    Well, I messed up a bit T_T Forum is my bedtime reading, hehe.

Events of TFT happened only 10-11 yeas ago, so I still think that "less than 2 decades ago" is kinda too much

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I kind of understand them. The void elfs and the Nightborne each have a unique look and set-up compared to the current blood elf and night elf. The high elfs are just slightly lighter versions of blood elfs and don't really have a home on Azeroth, so unless they make a rework of the high elf model and create an out of nowhere High Elf faction, then there is good reason to not make them a playable race.
    not only void elves have no home, they dont even have a single member alive, because they dont exist so far

"unless they create out of nowhere high elven faction" you mean void elven right?, because high elven faction does exist
    Last edited by Andromedes; 2017-11-08 at 03:38 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    not only void elves have no home, they dont even have a single member alive, because they dont exist so far

"unless they create out of nowhere high elven faction" you mean void elven right?, because high elven faction does exist
    But Blizzard have pretty much made void elfs a unique race in itself with the model and backstory.

If they made high elfs, would people really accept that they got a totally new model and a new background? It works with void elfs, because Blizz made something new and went with it. If they did the same thing with high elfs, the community would be divided because some would just have wanted the current in-game high elfs and some are happy with the remodelled.

In the end Blizzard proberly don't like High elfs as a concept, which is why they have avoided them as a community/faction for the longest time. They did understand, that Alliance players want another elfs race, which is why they made the void elfs, which is a comprimise.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

they are purple, without access to paladins and death knights.. so unique
    you just think they are unique, because of their heritage armor.. it is not like blizz couldnt make cool looking herritage armor for high elves, which would make them look unique
    Last edited by Andromedes; 2017-11-08 at 05:33 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Instead of a race with established lore, a few settlements and a presence as consistant as some player races (Some would argue more consistent) like the High Elves, we get Void Elves a crack team of unwanted from Silvermoon for which to date zero exist, there are no settlements, and zero lore.

That interview proved that Ion doesn't even give a damn about the lore of the game, AND Jessie Cox doesn't know it or is a massive brown noser.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Nightborne look completely different from both high elves and night elves. Void elves are literally high elves with a void form.

Agree they should just give Alliance high elves, reason they provide is lame. Although I could see them prioritizing more attention-grabbing (and thus more marketable) races first.

I guarantee ogres will be coming some time during the next expansion. Seems odd to focus so much on that one random ogre in the cinematic. I think it's strange that they didn't add Maghar orcs yet with how easy to do they should be from AU or MU and they're literally just a skin tone, but I guess now it's also developing racial + passives + voicing + racial animations (dances, etc.) now since they want to go the whole nine yards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Instead of a race with established lore, a few settlements and a presence as consistant as some player races (Some would argue more consistent) like the High Elves, we get Void Elves a crack team of unwanted from Silvermoon for which to date zero exist, there are no settlements, and zero lore.

That interview proved that Ion doesn't even give a damn about the lore of the game, AND Jessie Cox doesn't know it or is a massive brown noser.
    The void elves aren't blood elves, they're high elves. I don't think they're from Silvermoon. Where did I miss that fact?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkins View Post
    The void elves aren't blood elves, they're high elves. I don't think they're from Silvermoon. Where did I miss that fact?
    Alleria goes to Silvermoon to try and faction switch Quel'Thalas, comes back with some outcasts instead. (Source)

These are not even High Elves who followed Alleria, these aren't even High Elves who Alleria trains, these are people even the Sin'dorei wouldn't want around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkins View Post
    Red shirt guy has some additional info about stormwind and orgrimmar embassies, where is Alleria as a representative of the void elf race. In short, she recrtuits blood elves, who were apparently kicked from silvermoon for delving into void magic.. But all of this can be subject of change.

It's a good point that the High Elves have been 'better' allies to the Alliance than some of the other player races: For being so few in numbers, they sure seem to always be around whenever we need help, and in numbers too.
    Call me Cassandra

I am thinking that Locus-Walker might be responsible for Blood Elves getting an idea of the Void.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptoriana View Post
    im hoping high elves fall into the "more at a later date"

I really want to make a high elf
    Just please... let is rest. Ion comfirmed it finnaly what we have been saying since bc.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Just please... let is rest. Ion comfirmed it finnaly what we have been saying since bc.
    Yeah and Falstad is dead and we dont want vanilla servers.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Yeah and Falstad is dead and we dont want vanilla servers.
    This doesnt make any sense sorry.

I wish they'd make Wood elves instead of Void elves.
    High/Blood elves who returned to druidism but without giving up Arcane magic, mixing the two.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    I wish they'd make Wood elves instead of Void elves.
    High/Blood elves who returned to druidism but without giving up Arcane magic, mixing the two.
    High elves.. wood elves.. you guys should play eso you gonna love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    This doesnt make any sense sorry.
    If you cant put together two things. Then i will do it for you.. What i said is that developers arent all knowing beings with unchanging opinions.. They thought that dwarf who died in Day of the dragon was Falstad. And they were being smug about players wanting vanilla servers, nothing else needs to be said.