Ban appeal lasting entire ban durration

It really seems to me that it defeats the purpose to have an appeal where it lasts the entire duration with zero response from the moderation team. This time it was over a week. If you guys are understaffed do you plan on bulking up with some fresh blood?

You can apply to be a mod right now if you'd like.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/modapply.php

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    You can apply to be a mod right now if you'd like.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/modapply.php
    Iv applied in the past and i doubt they would let that go through.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    It really seems to me that it defeats the purpose to have an appeal where it lasts the entire duration with zero response from the moderation team. This time it was over a week. If you guys are understaffed do you plan on bulking up with some fresh blood?
    Could help if people didn't send in appeals on posts clearly in infraction territory.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Could help if people didn't send in appeals on posts clearly in infraction territory.
    Well since your not a mod maby you shouldnt worry about what i did and didnt appeal since your clearly out of the loop.

Technically, it takes 2-3 infractions to get banned in the first place. If the points don't accumulate, then infractions are essentially just spam PM's calling you bad.

So if you're a good poster that doesn't break the rules but still gets an infraction, theoretically a week is long enough to remove an unwarranted infraction and you'll never face consequences anyway. If someone is getting 2-3 infractions within a week long span...then maybe taking the few days of ban is actually justified even if one of the infractions wasn't.

The moderation on this site is a joke. Mocking MRA/Redpill points of view is all fine and dandy but as soon as you say something against immigrants or feminism or anything PC the mods jump you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    The moderation on this site is a joke. Mocking MRA/Redpill points of view is all fine and dandy but as soon as you say something against immigrants or feminism or anything PC the mods jump you.
    My infractions beg to differ, stop crying about your persecution complex.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    I think the difference between infraction and not infraction is the difference between criticising immigration and criticising immigrants.

Out of the 4 or 5 infractions I've got - only 1 was an error on the part of the mod, the other 4 were justifiable (even though I disagreed with the decision).

As a comparison - I've been banned in other forums for:
    1. Talking about time travel in a Doctor Who discussion
    2. Talking about the notch in an iPhone X discussion
    3. Quoting too many people who later had their posts moderated.
    etc

SO yeah - this forum is VERY lenient indeed.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2017-11-08 at 04:49 PM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    We always try our best to respond to appeals before the ban time is up. This week is Blizzcon, a lot of people were gone, it's unfortunately but not surprising appeals took longer. We don't like it, but there's only so much we can do. It's worth noting that it doesn't negate the value of the appeal: if the infraction is unjustified, us remedying it (a) helps us improve as mods going forward (b) removes active points from one's account which will shorten future bans.

Mods are volunteers. We can't conjure more of them or force people to moderate when we're light on coverage. But yes, we can always use more people on the mod team, that's why we are always recruiting good candidates. We just need them to apply.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |