View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    And yet you kept comparing not only the US but pretty much every other country, despite the EU being not one single country.

I was using your example to show you that you are wrong but of course you ignore that part and stick to "ah so we are allowed to compare them?".

I mean, you went from profitable as a country to means of transportation of some of its citizens for reasons unknown. /golfclap

The unreasonable and outright made up stuff to successfully bash the EU is strong with this one.
    It isn't significant in wealth comparison that some people in some parts of the world travel to work by horse and cart, yet in other parts they use the combustion engine? I am guessing profitable countries don't use the horses.....
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Meanwhile, somewhere in England
    So the takeaway from this is that dribble's example has two horsepower, while the British one has one horsepower. Using his logic, it's probably for the best that Britain leaves.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    It isn't significant in wealth comparison that some people in some parts of the world travel to work by horse and cart, yet in other parts they use the combustion engine? I am guessing profitable countries don't use the horses.....
    Yeah, i don't see how bringing up people who use horse and cart is helping your wrong analogy or how it is related to what has been discussed. And no, it's not significant in wealth comparisons of economies that some people within those economies are poor. Are there homeless people in the UK? Fuck that means, they don't even own a horse and a cart, damn they don't even have work to travel to, that must mean the UK has no wealth at all, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/...PPPC&grp=1&a=1

Okay, so I guess I'm having trouble with the fucked up ways English writes numbers. Let's put it into what the IMF says...

17,112.922 billions. What's another word for that? Wikipedia quotes it as 17.1 trillion dollars. I think I'll trust them enough to say that's what it is.

How I think the EU will go forward? As the centre of global trade, really. What else do you call something that has trade deals going into all directions making goods flow through Europe into all directions? How's it feel to watch Australian or Japanese goods pass through Europe, be used in producing other products that get sold to the US all the while passing the UK by? That's the prospect you're looking at. Do you think the EU will stop working on just improving it's economic power position because the UK decided to throw a fit?
    https://europa.eu/european-union/topics/budget_en
    The annual EU budget is €145 bn (2015 figures) – a large sum in absolute terms, but only about 1% of the wealth generated by EU economies every year.
    On top of which is what the individual countries use but that was the eu budget roughly in 2015

7+ Year Old Account
    So the takeaway from this is that dribble's example has two horsepower, while the British one has one horsepower. Using his logic, it's probably for the best that Britain leaves.
    Except one turbo charged thoroughbred is not the same as two lame donkeys....

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    On top of which is what the individual countries use but that was the eu budget roughly in 2015
    Don't confuse the poor so and so's they truly believe the EU gdp = to the budget of the EU. The EU truly would be even more down the swanny if every euro through every EU business cash register was under the control of drunken junker. It probably is the pro eu fanatics aim that that is the case, another +1 for Brexit.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Except one turbo charged thoroughbred is not the same as two lame donkeys....

Don't confuse the poor so and so's they truly believe the EU gdp = to the budget of the EU. The EU truly would be even more down the swanny if every euro through every EU business cash register was under the control of drunken junker. It probably is the pro eu fanatics aim that that is the case, another +1 for Brexit.
    "We're going to win so much," "you're going to be so sick and tired of winning."

i think i heard someone saying that last year. You let me know when the winning start, OK?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-41585430

So, still no movement in those negotiations. I read early this week that British politicians still think it's the EU's turn to put an acceptable offer on the table. I wonder when they will realise that the EU doesn't have to do jack shit.

The disorganisation in the British Government is going to cost them. How much longer can May be PM before people realise she's incompetent? Also, British legal experts say they can still cancel the whole thing. How likely is that? What's the mood in the population?
    Why are there negotiations needed? The UK left. It's over. What is the point? The EU can't stall it's way to keeping the UK in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Why are there negotiations needed? The UK left. It's over. What is the point? The EU can't stall it's way to keeping the UK in.
    That's not the purpose of the negotiation, the purpose of the negotiation is to facilitate the UK leaving the EU.
    Because if it leaves with no deal, UK aircraft will not legally be allowed to fly, UK drivers will not be legally allowed to drive, the border at Dover will have tailback all the way to Kent, trying to process customs.

- - - Updated - - -

Except generally all state spending is put in proportion of GDP, and EU spending is about 1% of EU GDP - (making it very cheap, just as a FYI) It also shows how pathetic the UK position is visa-vi the 'money' it is not a significant sum, it's avoiding a political argument, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    https://europa.eu/european-union/topics/budget_en

gdp != budget.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Stick to american politics you barely grasp those, it's the UK unable to find a majority in their own government of what they want from the brexit that is delaying the process.

The EU isn't "stalling its way to keep the UK in". That's a harsh misinterpretation of what's going on. The EU is actually "giving the UK more time to soften the blow." Whatever happens, the EU is prepared for both a soft and hard Brexit. The UK, on the other hand, firmly believes a hard Brexit will be compensated for by sheer Imperial Awesomeness and that "everything will be alright", to quote Mr. Marley's eternal words.

If you ask me, the UK really needs these negotiations to go well. Or, at the very least, better than they are now. Because so far, all the UK got was "Nope, stop dreaming."

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Stick to american politics you barely grasp those, it's the UK unable to find a majority in their own government of what they want from the brexit that is delaying the process.
    I didn't insult you. Why not keep things civil instead?

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't insult you. Why not keep things civil instead?
    I wasn't aware you need a safe space so fast, i suggest you stay out of topics you know little of making bold statements if you have become this fragile.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    That's not the purpose of the negotiation, the purpose of the negotiation is to facilitate the UK leaving the EU.
    Because if it leaves with no deal, UK aircraft will not legally be allowed to fly, UK drivers will not be legally allowed to drive, the border at Dover will have tailback all the way to Kent, trying to process customs.

- - - Updated - - -

Except generally all state spending is put in proportion of GDP, and EU spending is about 1% of EU GDP - (making it very cheap, just as a FYI) It also shows how pathetic the UK position is visa-vi the 'money' it is not a significant sum, it's avoiding a political argument, nothing more.
    In which case the US would immediately leave NATO. There is zero chance the UK will be blackballed by the EU, given their relationship with the US. Get serious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh god please don't. We already have to deal with dribbles, could you please stay out of this topic for sanity's sake?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Stop being dense.

The UK has NOT left.
    Whatever. The reason they left is exactly this. A bunch of idiots in Belgium having meetings about meeting to discuss the meeting meeting on meetings. What a bureaucratic bunch of nonsense. It's like you looked at the US, and said, "Give us double the bad and none of the good, that you get from being so large."

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    gdp != budget.
    True

So, you basically admit you wanted disaster just for your personal amusement right from the start? Kinda proves my preconception about the typical Brexiteer right. The thing you're not aware of is... the EU will have had 2 years to prepare for Brexit economically. They don't need a deal. A deal would be nice. But no deal would really work, too. See, nobody gives a shit about 20 or 80 billion more or less in a budget that is just about 17 trillion, give or take short change of a couple billion. But long term economic developments? Those are key. And the EU is continuing to hammer out trade deal after trade deal. Not just with Britain, but with bigger fish, like Australia, down the road the US... Canada's already in the bag. This is the EU positioning itself at the centre of a global trade network that Britain will want access to.

Except, instead of having the bargain full access to full privileges of being in the EU and dictating terms as they used to, Britain will be on the other side. You know, the side that has a gdp of 2.6 trillion and is trying to manhandle advantages out of the side that has a gdp of 15 trillion. Yes, please. Do try. Do give it all the best you have. Try to blackmail the EU into concessions like you used to. You'll realise how it feels to be the small side dish to the actual meal of a trade deal with the US soon enough. But apparently, that is what you want, right?
    The bolded is the debate that was being created

Obviously in the same quote you also use gdp so at a guess you did speak about gdp but then dribbles ran with that budget thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    gdp != budget.
    Yeah, but, uhm, you mixed them up in the first place sooo, you played down britains 20bn contribution to the EU budget by using EUs gdp.

10+ Year Old Account
    In which case the US would immediately leave NATO. There is zero chance the UK will be blackballed by the EU, given their relationship with the US. Get serious.
    The UK failing to get a deal with the EU on how to proceed after leaving is not the EU "blackballing" the UK cause they didn't bend over and give them everything they desire. If you're this misinformed on the topic, id suggest you just stop trying to discuss it.

And no, the US is not going to leave the Nato because of that.

15+ Year Old Account
    In what case? What the fuck are you talking about? The US would leave NATO if UK private companies weren't allowed to enter markets they aren't allowed to have a business in anymore because their government couldn't be arsed to figure out a trade agreement?

Just how high are you right now?