Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Gotta agree with this. Anyone who declaws their animals are sick people.
    That or we want to keep our furniture in tact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Declawing is cruel and inhumane. Don't ever do it.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Don't have animals you can't handle. Give them to someone who won't mutilate them.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get a pet then, simple

It's incredibly disturbing, the cat can develop psychological issues, and will most likely suffer from painful arthritis as it gets older.

Why would you even get a cat then? You are still amputating their extremities. Why not poke an eye out when you're at it?

It's plain animal cruelty. If you treat your cat correctly it won't claw you. There's no excuse to do shit like this. If you can't treat your pet correctly, don't get one. Animals aren't things to be toyed around with. Jesus Christ...

And by the way I own 3 cats with claws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously folks, it's not as big a deal as you're making it out to be. The hyperbole is entertaining though. The cats never even knew they didn't have them anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marc7 View Post
    Why would you even get a cat then? You are still amputating their extremities. Why not poke an eye out when you're at it?
    Got a cat because my wife wanted it. One of them did lose an eye in a fight, but that was before I took him into the house and before he was declawed.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would never do it no matter how shit my cats are acting. And trust me, they're no angels.

Seriously folks, it's not as big a deal as you're making it out to be. The hyperbole is entertaining though. The cats never even knew they didn't have them anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Got a cat because my wife wanted it. One of them did lose an eye in a fight, but that was before I took him into the house and before he was declawed.
    This must be cultural difference. It's illegal here, no one does it, no one condones it. What if the cat starts to bite? Are you gonna have his teeth pulled out too?

I am ignorant of the options out there but as far as i know declawing is like chopping the tips of your fingers. Pretty inhumane and leaves a cat defenseless. however, i have not been in the position of owning a destructive ass cat. So, definitely against it but its your cat.
    There's also nothing stopping Blizzard from resurrecting both Arthas and Archimonde and turning them into super saiyans so that they can fuse and fight Sargeras

Here's some info

7+ Year Old Account
    Owned cats my entire life, and never declawed them.

Why on earth would you? Afraid they'll tear up your couches? Get them a scratcher/cat tree and put it near the furniture. Scared of them scratching you? Get a water bottle and spray them every time they do it, and they'll stop. Removing their claws will just replace scratching with biting. If you really don't want their claws, take the time every two weeks or so and nail them down. It's humane and they'll get used to it.

If you aren't willing to do any of this you don't deserve owning a pet, let alone a cat. Cats are a responsibility just like any other pet, or did your parents forget to teach you that before getting you one?
    * do you want to have a bad time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Put covers over your furniture. Amputating an animal's fingers is far worse than having less pleasing furniture to look at.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post

Here's some info
    lol, I posted this exact video a few pages back.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

My thoughts: If your cat is going to be a housecat, declaw it as it won't need them. You are already going to warp it's entire life by making it your child/slave until it dies, might as well make it as good a one as possible.

If the cat is going to be outside a lot, it needs claws because it will be attacking and being attacked by other cats, raccoons, dogs, possums, etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post

Here's some info
    That's fucking awful. When i get home in gonna hug my cats all day.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2017-11-08 at 05:27 PM.

Willing to let your pet suffer that much for the sake of your furniture speaks volumes about you as a person, and it's not good things.

Against the law here for extremely good reasons and people who even have the thought cross their mind deserves to be put on a list of people who should never be allowed to own a pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    My thoughts: If your cat is going to be a housecat, declaw it as it won't need them. You are already going to warp it's entire life by making it your child/slave until it dies, might as well make it as good a one as possible.

If the cat is going to be outside a lot, it needs claws because it will be attacking and being attacked by other cats, raccoons, dogs, possums, etc.
    My cat went outside, hunted, fought other cats. Big ole alpha cat just without front claws. Just died last week of old age. They never miss the claws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heavily against.

If you cat is destroying things, train them better, or trim their claws. Declawing should be considered animal cruelty.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    Willing to let your pet suffer that much for the sake of your furniture speaks volumes about you as a person, and it's not good things.
    What suffering? They never knew the claws were gone. The hyperbole in this thread is over the top.