10+ Year Old Account

Tamagotchi Hunters rejoice.

Or maybe not rejoice depends on how much you liked it or not.

Tamagotchi Hunters is a term I always used in vanilla. As Hunter pets were such a thing to look after, including feeding them their appropriate diet, keeping happy to make sure they didn't abandon you, and adopting ones with unique abilities, where the spell Beast Lore had a use to find information about your pet you wanted to tame.

Not forgetting that in vanilla pets didn't scale to your own level so if you stabled a pet at level 15 and leveled yourself to level 30 and came back to fetch him you would have to continue to leveling your pet up too.

Now to some, being a hunter was too much of a chore when it came to pets, but for me, it was one of things that drew me into playing a hunter alt in Vanilla.

Any long time hunter players looking forward to going back to this (if it happens)?
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

1-10 was enough to put me off playing hunter (I mean I got ot like 23 or so I think but fuck man, before pets the class is the hardest to get to lvl 10 and after pets they are boring as shit :P OP soloing capabilities though, fair cop
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

wasn't there just that one OP rare spawn cat or dog in the burning stepps that everyone wanted because it had a 1 second swing timer?

15+ Year Old Account
    I liked it. I'm also looking forward to ammo coming back.

I've had hunters off and on since I started in vanilla. I enjoyed the aspect (no pun intended) of feeding and caring for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    wasn't there just that one OP rare spawn cat or dog in the burning stepps that everyone wanted because it had a 1 second swing timer?
    Also one in stv.

It wasn't quite as much of a chore as you're making it out to be, but yeah, I'm looking forward to having RP gameplay elements in my MMORPG again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    Also one in stv.
    Wasn't hat one Bangasomethingorother?
    Tiger in almost constant stealth mode?
    Hurts the brain to try to think back 12 years.

But on topic, changing pets was the worst damn thing ever.
    Next closest was trying to get your pet to learn new ranks of a skill, because if it has Claw Level 1, you gotta find a mob that has Claw Level 2 so your pet can learn from it, all while keeping enough food in your bags to feed it so it stays at 125% effectiveness (green smiley) and keeping its level up to yours.
    Good thing is pets only had 6 or 8 xp bubbles, I think, but the bad thing was they got XP at a different rate than you based on their level versus yours.
    Also, I think you had to build reputation with your pets, if I remember correctly?
    Man, it hurts to think back that long ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Wasn't hat one Bangasomethingorother?
    Tiger in almost constant stealth mode?
    Hurts the brain to try to think back 12 years.

But on topic, changing pets was the worst damn thing ever.
    Next closest was trying to get your pet to learn new ranks of a skill, because if it has Claw Level 1, you gotta find a mob that has Claw Level 2 so your pet can learn from it, all while keeping enough food in your bags to feed it so it stays at 125% effectiveness (green smiley) and keeping its level up to yours.
    Good thing is pets only had 6 or 8 xp bubbles, I think, but the bad thing was they got XP at a different rate than you based on their level versus yours.
    Also, I think you had to build reputation with your pets, if I remember correctly?
    Man, it hurts to think back that long ago...
    Correct on all accounts. I actually miss those days of having to do all of that. In face, I gained a hunter all the way up to WoD in which time I couldn't stand all the changes to it and abandoned for my druid.

I liked gaining loyalty with my pet. I remember how happy I was when I finally reached "Best Friend" status.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    before pets the class is the hardest to get to lvl 10
    Truth. You start out with a dagger, Raptor Strike, no pet, and no kiting abilities. I didn't realize how brutal it was at the time since hunter was my first class.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    Broken Tooth in Badlands, 1.0 attack speed.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson