Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I could see it for a short time. A lot of people are in for a harsh reality with Vanilla though, it definitely won't last long if it does.
    i'd probably play it if i had more time.

Back when i played classic i had lots of free time, could play 8hrs a day easily and things still took ages, i'd been in wailing caverns or BrD runs that took 3-5hrs (maybe that was tbc). these days i can play like 2 hours a day at most, it would take me far too long to actually do anything, and i wouldn't even get the fun of discovering new things :\

I think current WoW is a bit too fast, but i just don't have time for the slowness of classic. Granted, it would probably be faster than it was due to people being good at the game now compared to back then, but still most likely too slow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
    Thottbot will be brought back to life because there will be no indicators as to where to go and people will have to read **GASP** quest text
    I remember in TBC when i first discovered questhelper(name?) addon, that changed the game for me, made it so much better. When classic releases, there will be an addon for this i guarantee.

As said many times before, it will start off great then plummet given how many people will hate it.
    The future belongs not to those who wait...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    i'd probably play it if i had more time.

Back when i played classic i had lots of free time, could play 8hrs a day easily and things still took ages, i'd been in wailing caverns or BrD runs that took 3-5hrs (maybe that was tbc). these days i can play like 2 hours a day at most, it would take me far too long to actually do anything, and i wouldn't even get the fun of discovering new things :\

I think current WoW is a bit too fast, but i just don't have time for the slowness of classic. Granted, it would probably be faster than it was due to people being good at the game now compared to back then, but still most likely too slow.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember in TBC when i first discovered questhelper(name?) addon, that changed the game for me, made it so much better. When classic releases, there will be an addon for this i guarantee.
    There are databases where these addons still exist, so that's a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Not even a chance lol, and the numbers it does get will plummet when people actually get a chance to play the clusterfuck that is vanilla.

Vanilla was good for its time, but by modern standards it is awful, and the community (which is what people really remember so fondly) isn't going to magically return, namely because people could still make those connections today, they choose to be lazy and not make them though.
    Legion only has 500k-1 million active players. Classic will have 10 times that upon launch and easily maintain this for years. You have to be delusional to not see this. No one cares about retail modern WoW, just go browse twitch and you will quickly realize it's dead. A few top twitch streamers however are super hyped for Classic and said they will be streaming it regularly. When this happens Twitch browse will look like this;
    Classic WoW
    150,000 viewers

Battle for Azeroth
    1,200 viewers

Please tell me again why and how modern wow will hold more subs than classic.
    Last edited by zoned; 2017-11-08 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zoned View Post
    Legion only has 500k-1 million active players.
    and here is where we ignore your bullshit.

blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah.

care to have some facts or more BS?

Legion only has 500k-1 million active players. Classic will have 10 times that upon launch and easily maintain this for years. You have to be delusional to not see this. No one cares about retail modern WoW, just go browse twitch and you will quickly realize it's dead. A few top twitch streamers however are super hyped for Classic and said they will be streaming it regularly. When this happens Twitch browse will look like this;
    Classic WoW
    150,000 viewers

Battle for Azeroth
    1,200 viewers

Please tell me again why and how modern retail will hold more subs than classic.
    you are good at finding up numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion only has 500k-1 million active players. Classic will have 10 times that upon launch and easily maintain this for years. You have to be delusional to not see this. No one cares about retail modern WoW, just go to twitch and you will quickly realize it's dead. A few top twitch streamers however are super hyped for Classic and said they will be streaming it regularly. When this happens browse on Twitch will look like this;
    Classic WoW
    150,000 viewers

Battle for Azeroth
    1,200 viewers

Please tell me again why and how modern retail will hold more subs than classic.
    I'm really curious where you got your numbers, and how you could possibly think WoW has dropped that low. It's no where near WoD levels, and that stayed above like 3 mil? And no, Classic won't retain 10 million players. I'm hopeful for the server, you're just delusional. Many people will play, but a significant amount aren't going to make it past level 20. Too many people who "played" Vanilla are in for a surprise.

Then again, you're just a generic retail hater, pretty clear just from your first sentence. I don't expect much to come of my wasted effort on this post.

He ain't wrong tho in regards to twitch viewership, classic wow is gonna be so popular on that site it may even surpass the behemoths like league of legends or dota 2. His numbers are obviously off, lyric and sodapoppin alone will surpass 150k viewers.

Deleted
    Classic WoW
    150,000 viewers

Battle for Azeroth
    1,200 viewers

Please tell me again why and how modern wow will hold more subs than classic.
    You literally just pulled numbers from you ass and asked people to disprove it?

I'm really curious where you got your numbers, and how you could possibly think WoW has dropped that low. It's no where near WoD levels, and that stayed above like 3 mil? And no, Classic won't retain 10 million players. I'm hopeful for the server, you're just delusional. Many people will play, but a significant amount aren't going to make it past level 20. Too many people who "played" Vanilla are in for a surprise.

Then again, you're just a generic retail hater, pretty clear just from your first sentence. I don't expect much to come of my wasted effort on this post.
    This reminds of a few months ago when I posted that Blizzard will announce legacy servers soon because they know how profitable it would be.
    Everyone hated on me but guess what happened next.
    Last edited by zoned; 2017-11-08 at 07:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    He ain't wrong tho in regards to twitch viewership, classic wow is gonna be so popular on that site it may even surpass the behemoths like league of legends or dota 2. His numbers are obviously off, lyric and sodapoppin alone will surpass 150k viewers.
    I wonder how many viewbots they got going. That's always the biggest problem with Twitch, when I see random no name low pvp bracket stream with 1k viewers I can't help but think it's not legit.

Deleted
    This reminds of a few months ago when I posted that Blizzard will announce legacy servers soon because they know how profitable it would be.
    Guess what happened next
    It will be interesting to see what their pricing model is for it. Will a subscription include both live and classic? seperate subs? have they said anything about this?

You literally just pulled numbers from you ass and asked people to disprove it?
    Those will be the twitch numbers. bet

Sure, in views there will be high numbers, of course. Just dont forget that alot of those people also watch the streamers cause they are fun to watch. For many streamers, streaming is theyre job so they will be the people who actually have the time to play classic hehe.

For alot of people(like me), going back to classic is not really a option. I am older now, with job, gf, football coach and much more. I dont have the time to sit hour after hour playing classic. As much as I want, I cant :P

Thats not to say im not going to test it, I will for sure. Doubt I will ever reach max level though. I'll stick to retail and watch streamers who have the time to play classic.

I wonder how many viewbots they got going. That's always the biggest problem with Twitch, when I see random no name low pvp bracket stream with 1k viewers I can't help but think it's not legit.
    They legit will have that many viewers, soda/summit/lyiric will all be closing in on 100k viewers each. Tons of other popular streamers have also said they are gonna stream classic, it would not surprise me if its the most viewed game on twitch for a while, if you know how popular league is that is saying something lol.

It will be interesting to see what their pricing model is for it. Will a subscription include both live and classic? seperate subs? have they said anything about this?
    Nope, they havent said anything about that yet. Doubt it will be free though :P

Deleted
    Not even close.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the other side of the coin that is annoying. No, Classic will not have more players than retail. Classic is a supplement, not an adversary.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Those will be the twitch numbers. bet
    Its possible, but that doesn't change the fact those numbers are based on nothing as far as i'm aware.

where as this survey conducted on reddit with nearly 2000 responses shows BfA to be far more popular.

granted i don't know if reddit is generally anti classic anyway, but at least its an insight into some interest.

We obviously can't know how popular each will be until a few months after release of both to let spikes settle down.

I predict that BfA will not get as big of a player spike that legion did but will probably hold steady, and they will release classic when there is a content lull so it gets a huge spike of players. Will be interesting to see!

They legit will have that many viewers, soda/summit/lyiric will all be closing in on 100k viewers each. Tons of other popular streamers have also said they are gonna stream classic, it would not surprise me if its the most viewed game on twitch for a while, if you know how popular league is that is saying something lol.
    Yeah the numbers will be high. But for how long will the streamers keep playing only classic? if they want to provide the viewers with good content they have to commit alot of hours into it, alot. Only those who appreciate classic will be playing it over longer period of time.