Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    There have been Zandalari paladins in the lore since the Zandalari were first introduced in 1.7. They're called Freethinkers, and even though they're considered heathens, they are honored for their conviction and power. Long ago when the Zandalari were branded heretics by the Gurubashi, the Freethinkers were the ones who challenged and fought the priests of Hakkar.
    This is true, and Throne of Thunder also had Zandalari Prelates, which were pretty much paladins.

Basically, it can really easily work, the space is there. Now it's up to Blizzard.

They should be druids. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    That would be completely unfair to Alliance. So Horde gets to have 4 racial choices for druid, and Alliance only 2?
    Unlike the fact that Alliance currently has 4 choices for paladins when the new races come in and the Horde only has 2? And if the Horde gets Zandalari paladins (and while I would love that, I doubt it'll happen) that still leaves 4 to 3. Stop complaining about fair on this point. The highmountain tauren are almost the same as tauren so it makes sense for them to have similar classes .. so why would it be hard to accept the same for Zandalari? Not saying I think they should or shouldn't be druids, just pointing out that fair as the reason a race shouldn't get to be a class isn't a strong argument on why a race should or shouldn't get a class. It's a pretty weak argument as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightKnight83 View Post
    Unlike the fact that Alliance currently has 4 choices for paladins when the new races come in and the Horde only has 2? And if the Horde gets Zandalari paladins (and while I would love that, I doubt it'll happen) that still leaves 4 to 3. Stop complaining about fair on this point. The highmountain tauren are almost the same as tauren so it makes sense for them to have similar classes .. so why would it be hard to accept the same for Zandalari? Not saying I think they should or shouldn't be druids, just pointing out that fair as the reason a race shouldn't get to be a class isn't a strong argument on why a race should or shouldn't get a class. It's a pretty weak argument as it is.
    Alliance has 4 current choices for Paladins vs Horde's 2.

Horde has 4 current choices for Shamans vs Alliance's 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I think there's a case to be made for zandalari to be every class except demon hunter and maybe death knight. I'd like to see them as druids and shamans personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascer
    I don't always drink tears, but when i do, i prefer undead's.

Stay feared my friends.

As a Zandalari RPer and a bit of a Troll lore nut I'd say probably:

Druid (Well it's confirmed), Hunter, Mage, Priest, Rogue, Shaman and Warrior with possible Warlocks or Paladins.

Druid, warrior, priest, rogue, shaman, hunter and i will say paladin, some zandalaris use holy magic and they can be paladins using the power of some solar loa (in mayan and aztec culture the sun was a main figure, and the great troll empires are very this civilizations).

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post

And what point are you trying to get across? I wasn't asking how many of what side had. I was pointing out arguing that if you wanted fair, everything would be balanced. I do not think it needs to be balanced just to have even on any side. My point was that saying a race shouldn't have a class just because it's uneven isn't a strong stance for that argument to be made. Classes should be based more on lore and less on just to 'balance' things. I don't mind reworking things into lore if Blizz wants to, but I don't think they need to work a class into a race that really doesn't have any connection to that class just to make things even.

I'm sure Zandies will have :

warrior, rogue, hunter, priest, mage (Zanza was sorcerer, and they had a record of practicing arcane)

confirmed: druid

highly possible: paladin (Zandalari Praletes in ToT) , shaman (NPCs in Zul'Drak)

unlikely: monk (even if trolls are known to be practicing martial arts, just different to pandaren), warlock (though they have demoniacs, but they're known to be very few)
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Druids are confirmed for them in an interview - they will be getting raptor travel forms. Along with HM Tauren also getting new forms for druid.

WHILE THE ALLIANCE GET NO NEW DRUID RACES.

Sorry. I am still salty. I want cool antlers on my bear form
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Going to make a Zandalari troll shaman for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post

Alliance has 3 current choices for Paladins (Human-Dwarf-Draenei)

Quote Originally Posted by Baneador View Post
    they can be paladins using the power of some solar loa
    I like this

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Hmmm, they seems to equalize the factions class, so I gues zandalari might have :

Warrior, rogue, paladin, priest, warlock, shaman, druid, hunter, monk

And dark iron :

Warrior, rogue, paladin, priest, warlock, shaman, mage, hunter, monk

That's the most accurate thing to me.
    Yes please! This makes the most sense and gives the Horde another Paladin so we can be balanced.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Here's what I think:

Zandalari Troll classes: druid, hunter, mage, monk, paladin, priest, rogue, shaman, warlock, warrior.

Dark Iron Dwarf classes: hunter, mage, monk, paladin, priest, rogue, shaman, warlock, warrior.

Yes, I know the Dark Iron would have one less class than the Zandalari, this is just me going off of what we see in lore and what NPCs/mobs we've encountered.

The shaman tier 15 is clearly inspired on the Zandalari. Same for the hidden enhancement artifact skin. I'm confident they can be shamans.
    I'd be upset if they can't, cause the reason why I created my shaman back in MoP was the Zandalari trolls and their lore. I've been waiting to play as one of them since then. I'd race change in a heartbeat as soon as I unlock them.

I'm also hoping they can be paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Druids are confirmed for them in an interview - they will be getting raptor travel forms. Along with HM Tauren also getting new forms for druid.

WHILE THE ALLIANCE GET NO NEW DRUID RACES.

Sorry. I am still salty. I want cool antlers on my bear form
    Well there's still a chance that they will make the new forms glyphs
    Don't think the bear with the antlers would be,is just simple a reskin, but it would make sense if they actually do druid dinosaur forms to make them glyphs

Quote Originally Posted by Ailil View Post
    Well there's still a chance that they will make the new forms glyphs
    Don't think the bear with the antlers would be,is just simple a reskin, but it would make sense if they actually do druid dinosaur forms to make them glyphs
    The HM tauren forms were in the demo, they are unique like all the other forms. Based on the base bear skeleton, but unique skins. The fact that the zandalari trolls are getting a whole new travel form, unique model and all, indicates they'll get unique forms as well.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Just give me Zandalari Troll shammy and I'll be happy Would be neat with a paladin too, as I don't have one yet ^^
    Main: Teclìs at Argent Dawn EU.

It's not impossible for Zandalari to be Death Knights. There's actually lore to support that there would be - Zandalari trolls are actually the quest givers in Zim'Torga in Zul'Drak, as well as inside Gundrak. They have been world explorers since Vanilla, so it's not like the Scourge wouldn't have ever seen them.

Plus, most DK powers, loe-wise, fit well with trolls, considering they usually have some sort of undead and blood around them in most of their cultures.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.