Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's time for the mods to make a who attacked first mega thread.

Cha ~ Han attacked first. Ergo, alliance started it. Yw.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    The alliance did not ask for revenge for Theramore, because they got revenge with the capture of Garrosh and their attack on Orgrimmar. That most of the Horde helped changed little about them getting to take Garrosh down. And we might yet to see if they want revenge for having the Horde retreat first on the Broken Shore. Any horde player will tell, that it was not a betrayel, since it was a retreat out of need. If Sylvanas had not sound for retreat, the Horde would have ended together with the Alliance or atleast the Alliance who did not get to flee with the airship.

So really, the Alliance have some tentions they could get aired by attacking the Horde at Lordaeron And again, at this time we have a new king on the throne who have yet to show his metal and strength. It will only be a matter of time before the people around him will push for him to make a show of force against the Horde.
    Anduin finally looks like a conscious man. Instead of fighting and killing he revived and healed all his allies in the cinematic. I'd say that's it's self explanatory what kind of king Anduin will be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Because they think horde did it? Would you belive someone from horde if they say "It wasnt us".

I belive Nzoth is behind all of this so he weaken forces of azeroth the most he can before showing himself. And faction war is totally best way to do it.
    I agree on this. I'm still not looking for excuses for the Horde.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Maybe Wrathion had a hand in it while we were all off playing space pirates?

Quote Originally Posted by SGP View Post
    But the thing is, we only know that Teldrassil burned down before the Siege on Lordaeron, not that The Horde actually did it.
    Well Sylvanas does it, and as warchief of the horde, I would venture even if acting alone that the alliance would classify that as "the horde did it"

----Edit:

I am mistaken, I just checked all the places where they talk about the burning of Teldrassil. So the information is that Sylvanas is standing in front of Teldrassil watching it burn, and that the burning of Teldrassil is what causes the retaliation of the alliance.

It doesn't take much brainpower to connect the dots here, but if we want to perform mental gymnastics until blizzard comes out and says they did it, so be it.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-11-08 at 07:17 PM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

John Hight already stated that the Alliance attacked Lordaeron in retalition after the Horde supposedly burned Teldrassil. He goes on to say that it's the Alliance saying "Okay, we've had it", but he does not elaborate on why they burn down Teldrassil in the first place or whether they did it at all. But it's all up in the air atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well as far as we know...

Teldrassil burns first, but we also know that Sylvanas had plans for attacking Stormwind, so i assume they go for Teldrassil after Stormwind attacks goes south.

We'll see in the novel what leads up to these events.

7+ Year Old Account
    All of you are missing a point of the image.

Teldrassil is deep inside Night Elven territory. The fact that Slyvanas is watching Teldrassil burning down from land, which would be Darkshore... There's bodies and what not around her shows that there was a battle, that the Horde won.

Her forces already marched though Night elven territories and conquered them (I assume). If she isn't the cause of Teldrassil, then why she would be there, watching Teldrassil burn? As for motive, who knows? Perhaps "Before the Storm" novel will explain the motive but it is extremely likely that she attacked Teldrassil first. As for how, who knows? We'll find out eventually.

But the evidence is pretty damning for Slyvnanas and the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Danare View Post
    All of you are missing a point of the image.

Teldrassil is deep inside Night Elven territory. The fact that Slyvanas is watching Teldrassil burning down from land, which would be Darkshore... There's bodies and what not around her shows that there was a battle, that the Horde won.

Her forces already marched though Night elven territories and conquered them (I assume). If she isn't the cause of Teldrassil, then why she would be there, watching Teldrassil burn? As for motive, who knows? Perhaps "Before the Storm" novel will explain the motive but it is extremely likely that she attacked Teldrassil first. As for how, who knows? We'll find out eventually.

But the evidence is pretty damning for Slyvnanas and the Horde.
    No no, I'm sure a splinter faction of the Forsaken could run through all that without any contest. ... It sounds like I'm being sarcastic but I'm not. You'd be amazed at the convenient bouts of incompetence/bad luck Blizzard writes the Alliance with sometimes when the Horde/plot demands it. I hate it but at this point I'm sure they're going to pretend that's possible so that the Horde can still look good in this whole mess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    Knowing Blizzard they will make horde the bad guy.
    isn't that essentially what horde is about? its why a lot of people became horde in the first place... to be the "bad guy"

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    isn't that essentially what horde is about? its why a lot of people became horde in the first place... to be the "bad guy"
    Nope, current horde is the War3 horde not war2 horde

the thing is that blizz does not know how to write a compeling faction conflict
    So what we get is the horde doing stupid shit for no real reason and then blizz comes with all kind of mental gymnastics on how is not really their fault, and the alliance is a saint that have everything they do whitewashed and have the heart of a mother that forgives and forgets everything

I mean, someone really thinks that we will not be all buddies in the last raid or next expansion?
    Last edited by Ailil; 2017-11-08 at 08:07 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone burned the tree down before the attack on uc,
    It could be someone framing the horde but then there the whole why is our Favourite undead standing there watching the tree. Did she hurry there to stop the tree from being burned (why she didn’t send messages beforehand) was she meeting there for a peace talk with her dear sisters and a rebel fraction of the horde just started fighting? Or is there something the alliance does before all this that sets her off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    Umm no thats not what the Horde is about at all. You are judging a book by the cover. Philosophy behind the horde is that any action is better than inaction. You can say the horde is hot headed, makes decision based on passion but that doesn't make them evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Already confirmed by the devs that the attack on Lordaeron is the answer to burning Teldrassil down. So no, Alliance did not strike first, Horde did.

The burning of Teldrassil is the event that causes the Alliance to lay siege to the Undercity.
    Unless the question was specifically asked to a dev, this isn't confirmed, especially considering the one interview where this was "confirmed" is about as legible as hieroglyphics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    So the expansion begins during the attack on Lordareon, does that mean Teldrassil happens afterwards in-game? I hope Blizzard doesn't stick the Teldrassil burning as a book plot
    That would be lame and another slap in the face to Horde players. So their victory happens in a book while the Alliance gets to play their victory in the actual game? This is Siege of Orgrimmar all over again, Alliance getting everything as always.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I wonder how the Horde did it. They have neither the numbers nor air /naval superiority to pull it off.
    I'm under the assumption that wraithion did it since we made him angry which is why he's alliance now.

Alliance striked first by being ugly :3

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I'm under the assumption that wraithion did it since we made him angry which is why he's alliance now.
    devs said they have no plans for him in bfa.

sylvanas used the shard of the sword thingy

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Either way; whether you like it or not, there's simply not enough info to say who is responsible. Otherwise why wouldn't Blizz just say "Yeah, Horde burnt it down."?
    good business to have fans argue with each other, generates hype.