Possible new allied race post launch

Ok guys, since the Horde is getting the Zandalari, does that mean we might get the Mogu in a patch after launch? And if the Horde gets the Mogu, the Alliance gets the jinyu ) minus the fish boobies on females.

What do you guys think?

What do the Zandalari have to do with any side getting Mogu/Jinyu? Regardless, Mogu were never allied to any faction in MoP; the appropriate counterpoint to Jinyu are the Hozen.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

I think the little fox dudes are the strongest contender for BfA content driven allied races that aren't confirmed yet.

They have the Goblin skeleton and probably can equip gear quite easily. Horde befriends them to save them from the snakey dudes as per the Blizzcon panel.

Anything old like Mogu would need purpose surrounding it, going out of the way to add it whereas things like the little foxies and kul tiran natives would be along the story of the expansion.

100% Tirasians, with Druid as their "selling point".

Honestly I wouldn't expect additional races during patches, maybe X-pack after Battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Deleted
    Vulpera would be kjute

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    acording to a qna on wowhead, its Kul Tiran not Tirasian

1.) I'm pretty sure mogu are all outright evil. I don't think they even have that one extremely forced example of a neutral mogu like people call on when they demand playable naga and vrykul.

2.) What you got against fish boobies?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    What do the Zandalari have to do with any side getting Mogu/Jinyu? Regardless, Mogu were never allied to any faction in MoP; the appropriate counterpoint to Jinyu are the Hozen.
    Did you play MoP?
    The Zandalari are allied with the Mogu. That's the entire point of the Isle of Thunder and ToT.

That said, no. Mogu aren't becoming playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    they need to add a female version of the tirasians too though. they're all just normal women right now.

but i called that to my brother during blizzcon. i'm like "you see that shit? they're totally setting up human druids with those hags and shit"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    1.) I'm pretty sure mogu are all outright evil. I don't think they even have that one extremely forced example of a neutral mogu like people call on when they demand playable naga and vrykul.

2.) What you got against fish boobies?
    non-mammals shouldn't have breasts. mammal = mammary glands = nursing our young.

they have already given female saurok breasts though, so that's out the window. though they are a fleshcrafted race, that could just be down to mogu design preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    I'm not sure I would consider arguments for Vrykul "extremely forced"; Mogu certainly would be though.
    Pre-Legion? Yeah, the vrykul arguments were 400% forced. The only evidence people had were the one tribe you had to be magically disguised to be around or they would attack you on sight. I still think the Odyn and Valarjar crap was completely stupid and contributed nothing to Legion except more people crying for their Napoleon complex vikings and the smothering of any interest I could have had in the Warrior class hall/story.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Did you play MoP?
    The Zandalari are allied with the Mogu. That's the entire point of the Isle of Thunder and ToT.

That said, no. Mogu aren't becoming playable.
    Technically, those were different Zandalari. The trolls were kind of split into two factions. The followers of Zul built a fleet and left to find a home for themselves after Zul had a vison of what the Cataclysm would do to their island (these are the ones who allied with the Mogu and fought us in MoP). Those who stayed loyal to Rastakhan stayed on Zandalar and we're going to recruit them in BFA.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they progress this new council thing with the Forsaken the way that I hope they do, it would be interesting to see a group of Forsaken defectors side with the Alliance. Not sure who would mirror that for Horde, maybe Worgen who are fed up with Genn but I can't see Sylvanas even remotely considering that aside from the fact that their vicious and would be formidable allies.

Other than that (a guy can dream...), I'd bet the new fox faction ends up being an allied race. The only reason I could see that not happening is similarities (aside from obvious visual aspects) to Goblins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    The Mogu were allied to the Zandalari, also he made the example of Jinyu as they use the same Night Elf skeleton, so its going to be easier to introduce than the Hozen (that would need to be modified to get armor on it, also would need a female model, that will most likely, as the males ones, use an unique model)

Mogu are evil. They're not going to just add races just to add them. It needs to make sense. It's why we'll probably never see Eredar, Yaungol, or Fel Orcs. There needs to be examples of that race working with us. By that, I mean more than just 1-2 examples. The Zandalari Trolls have always had a part of their faction that were at minimum neutral to us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki b View Post
    Technically, those were different Zandalari. The trolls were kind of split into two factions. The followers of Zul built a fleet and left to find a home for themselves after Zul had a vison of what the Cataclysm would do to their island (these are the ones who allied with the Mogu and fought us in MoP). Those who stayed loyal to Rastakhan stayed on Zandalar and we're going to recruit them in BFA.
    That's true, totally true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Mogu are evil. They're not going to just add races just to add them. It needs to make sense. It's why we'll probably never see Eredar, Yaungol, or Fel Orcs. There needs to be examples of that race working with us. By that, I mean more than just 1-2 examples. The Zandalari Trolls have always had a part of their faction that were at minimum neutral to us.
    Well there are Fel Orcs in the Horde (there are some red-skinned Orcs as guards in the Dark Portal, and there are some others around Outland), the Yaungol race is not evil (as far as i know), they are just war centric (And we are going into war, so meh)

Note: Before the Sundering, all the Tauren clans used to have contact with each other, but then shit happens, so they may want to try to rebuild that connection with its people.

5+ Year Old Account
    How are we not talking about the Sethrak? I can't be the only one who thinks they look awesome, especially in motion. See my signature for a youtube link that shows off their animations. While I know head pieces would be difficult I could see them working as more of a crown and for the cloth hoods they could just stop at the neck and not go all the way up. Here is my idea for their racial ability, Pocket Sand Sand Attack. Since they teramorph the land they conquer I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility to give them a racial blind. If that doesn't work some sort of AoE venom spray with a slow could also work. Some of the videos I've seen of people exploring the demo also show them having unique tail decorations (one had a crystal double bladed axe on the end of his tail) Females would be easy enough with a little sexual dimorphism.

Also, I think the Naga may finally become playable, I don't know how but since we are dealing with Queen Azshara (finally) and Blizzard said more allied races were to come things just line up well don't you think?
    Here are some links to their animations.

At one point I, like many I'm sure, believed that brown/grey skin orcs would simply be a skin color option. But now with the Highmountain Tauren being there own race, I'd bet the Mag'har will get their own race and It'll consist of your brown and grey skins. Two kinds of trolls, two kinds of tauren, and now I'd be willing to bet two kinds of orcs.

The Trolls I always wanted were Forest Trolls like Zuljin, so I hope they will be playable at one point. By earning the favor of Rastakhan there should be no barriers left.

Gimme vrykul and i need no other race !