Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    What you mean gold plated? That's just gear, when they're naked they will basically look just like Draenei but greyer or something. It's indeed one of the most boring subrace IMO.
    Wait... no, they do have the gold plated thing.

This is how males back look while naked.

and look at their hooves and their tail.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well if we end up getting more Dwarf types (and more than one Orc type -that i expect we get more than one Orc type-), it wouldn't look that bad.

Note: I do agree that it would be weird to have in the Alliance LF draneais and the sargerai (basically 2 groups that have been fighting each other for millenials)
    I know I just rather have ereder playable on alliance side rather then having more white washed space goats

Ohh, that's actually pretty cool. And like OP said, that's just gonna disappear under armor. I guess we'll see that gold plating on slutmog female lightforged space goats.

I'm not sure why you'd be bummed about the lightforged Draenei... all subraces are is extensions or different versions of the original. It's the same thing with a little flair. The devs also stated that there would be more, so if you don't like that one, just play something else. Me? I love 'em. I'll be playing one or two and might even race change.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    "Were the Zandalari the most challenging because it doesn’t use another model like the other 5 allied races?

S: Most difficult because it’s a unique rig. It’s a modified Troll rig (straight, instead of hunch). Required a little more time on the touch ups. Same amount of time spent on them for customization options than the other allied races.

Also, it was revealed that Zandalari Druid models will have their own models and that the travel form is a Raptor."
    Yeah, I literally just read that. Then the Zandalari in the demo are using an old rig, or they did retarget some animations after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yeah, I literally just read that. Then the Zandalari in the demo are using an old rig, or they did retarget some animations after all.
    probably, since they werent playable in the demo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Ohh, that's actually pretty cool. And like OP said, that's just gonna disappear under armor. I guess we'll see that gold plating on slutmog female lightforged space goats.
    That's why it bothers me that Blizzard didn't:

A) Gave them a little bit of the Demon Hunter love and make the armors show more skins in general.

B) Gave them Monk as an option! (One of the classes with more late game armor that shows skin)

Also, beyond the gold enhancements, there's also different types of holy tattoos you can pick as well as a bunch of different holy runes/marks on the forehead that don't get hidden by helms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I feel like with Illidan's recent involvement in Legion and his connection to the Broken they could have EASILY tied the Broken into one of the factions. I feel like they're a bit better suited for the Horde, but I definitely agree, Broken would be cooler than Lightforged Draenei.
    I don't think most races are hard to add lorewise to any faction (though i would leave them in the Alliance cause they are already many broken in the Alliance), the details is working on the new models (mostly the female models and make most armor work for the actual broken model -i think they would only need to work helmets though))

probably, since they werent playable in the demo
    Indeed, but I did look at the Zandalar dungeon that was shown. The running and walking animations looked like the ToT Zandalari Troll animations (which had a nelf rig, but two or three custom animations), while the sword attack animations looked like the night elf male ones, mixed with, of course, the new Legion melee attack animations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, beyond the gold enhancements, there's also different types of holy tattoos you can pick as well as a bunch of different holy runes/marks on the forehead that don't get hidden by helms.
    Or just play like any reasonable player that likes its character.... Hide the helmet :P (I would like an option to auto-hide helmet out of battle)

Or just play like any reasonable player that likes its character.... Hide the helmet :P (I would like an option to auto-hide helmet out of battle)
    Well, you can do that, but it's nice that the rune is still visible even with a helm on, I think.

Well, you can do that, but it's nice that the rune is still visible even with a helm on, I think.
    maybe the new rig isnt 100% polished so they used the old one for the demo

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is quite nice, this is one of those races that is begging you to go Paladin or Priest.

Note: But we will end up with LF Draneais as Shadow Priest and Void Elves as Holy Priests :P

maybe the new rig isnt 100% polished so they used the old one for the demo
    Possible. It makes sense, though. Better to use the troll rig for most animations, and just have custom standing, walking and running animations rather than stick with a Night Elf rig and have them do the Night Elf dances.

I'm willing to believe they used a fair bit of animation retargeting there, instead of making new animations, though.
    Yes, it is quite nice, this is one of those races that is begging you to go Paladin or Priest.

Note: But we will end up with LF Draneais as Shadow Priest and Void Elves as Holy Priests :P
    Yeah, it really is. Though mages and hunters also work, thanks to the Lightforged established on Argus.

And yeah, Lightforged Shadow Priest and Void Elf Holy priests are gonna be weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Dark irons will probably have shaman as well.
    They better the hell not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Would make sense, hopefully so.
    How does Dark Iron Shaman make sense? It makes even less sense than Bronzebeard Shaman.

Deleted
    L.F.Draenei vs Zandalar Trolls = no real competition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post

- - - Updated - - -

How does Dark Iron Shaman make sense? It makes even less sense than Bronzebeard Shaman.
    It makes sense, when the Dark Iron Shamans serve their Fire elemental, and not the other way around.

- - - Updated - - -

I imagine they will. I mean, have you played through Blackrock Depths? I'd be surprised if they don't end up with shamans as a class. As for the ironforge dwarves having them, they were trained by the wildhammer in Cata. Similar to how pandaren taught others how to be monks in MoP.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Well they did summoned Ragnaros, and there were a lot of Shamans, it didn't work so well the first time around though, maybe the second time around they will be quite restrictive in it (maybe the Shamans on the Dark Iron become an elite group of warriors, just to make more restriction on it, to make sure the Firelord shit does not happen again)