Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    You're missing the point of why it's a ripoff. It has nothing to do with an entertainment channel. Why don't you go look up another video about the 107Ti instead.

It also has nothing to do with performance vs price. It has to do with the locked OC that is happening. The video in question is not about entertainment whatsoever. You mise well pay for the 1080 because it's basically the same card anyways.

But hey, you can't tell stupid people anything because at the end of the day, they are right no matter what.
    See, this is where you are flat out wrong. You or I actually CAN OC a 1070ti. There is no lock on the OCing, only a restriction on third parties releasing factory OCed cards. The only people that can't OC are the actual manufacturers of the cards. Even at that, they can run internal tests with OCed cards on their third party coolers. They just can not release OC versions of the 1070ti. They still can and are putting out versions with better coolers that are not OCed that we as end-users CAN OC. Of course, you get your info from an entertainment channel not real tech sites so you wouldn't know that.

Yeah, that last line applies to you very well, sitting there thinking the things can not be OCed when the only restriction placed on OCing is on third party manufacturers.

EDIT: Having actually watched the video in question now, I suggest YOU go watch it again, and pay attention this time. Especially at the 3:02 mark where it clearly states:
    it looks like it will be up to consumers to push clockspeeds....
    Essentially saying that we CAN in fact OC these cards, it's just the third party manufacturers that can not.

He basically says throughout the video what you are getting is a cheaper 1080 that can not be factory OCed. This is a GOOD thing. He says it in a negative way though. Maybe learn to interpret information on your own instead of just listening to how someone presents it.

He never once said that they are locked from OCing, just that the third party manufacturers are not allowed to OC themselves. It is clearly shown, and never mentioned again, that consumers can in fact OC them.

I won't go in to details here. Just look up someone explaining it already. Linus tech tips did a good job.
    Start with learning proper information rather than trying to get it from an entertainment video? 1070Ti has a cut-down version of 1080 GPU with GDDR5 memory (instead of GDDR5X on the 1080) and you can OC it. I'd say it's actually the 1080 that has no place on the market.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Start with learning proper information rather than trying to get it from an entertainment video? 1070Ti has a cut-down version of 1080 GPU with GDDR5 memory (instead of GDDR5X on the 1080) and you can OC it. I'd say it's actually the 1080 that has no place on the market.
    Exactly. When the 1070ti is so close to the stock 1080 in performance, is cheaper and actually can be OCed by the end user, the 1080 is a huge rip-off at this point. Unless you happen to live in one of those countries that tax newer tech a lot more than older tech and therefore the 1070ti is actually more expensive than the 1080. For the rest of us though, the 1080 is basically dead. Either get a 1070ti for less and get the same performance or go for a 1080ti for the better performance.

Also, if you and I and @Vegas82 are all agreeing on something, it's probably correct. We don't agree on everything, but when we do, it's Dos Equis???

Deleted
    I said I ordered th normal 1070, not the TI model, what is the problem with it?
    it is one of the best cards quality / price / performance wise

Edited just to clarify the "price" part of it....due to crypto-shit-miners, price is a little higher than it should, still a great card.
    Last edited by mmoc84b232eb57; 2017-11-09 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sarklord View Post
    I said I ordered th normal 1070, not the TI model, what is the problem with it?
    it is one of the best cards quality / price / performance wise

Edited just to clarify the "price" part of it....due to crypto-shit-miners, price is a little higher than it should, still a great card.
    Nothing really, we're just giving the guy hell for giving out bad info by saying the ti is a ripoff. It's not.

Deleted
    i also saw the video when it was released. And jazytwocents video about it too.
    They have a point about that its kinda pointless gpu to release now appart from that, its just another option in between 1070 and 1080 budget range.
    Last edited by mmoc84b232eb57; 2017-11-10 at 02:03 PM.

i also saw the video when it was released. And jazytwocents video about it too.
    They have a point about that its kinda pointless gpu to release now appart from that, its just another option in between 1070 and 1080 budget range.
    Yeah, but if you currently don't have anything at all and are building new or looking to upgrade from something 2+ generations old, it's certainly not a rip-off. The 1080 is a rip-off because for less money you can get a 1070ti and get near the same stock performance or OC it yourself and get near the same OC performance. All for less than the 1080. The 1070ti basically just pushed the 1080 out of the market. Though plenty of people will still buy 1080s because of the "low" clocks on the 1070ti because most consumers will not manually OC their GPUs.

Deleted
    Well, right now the price difference between a 1070ti and a 1080 is roughly 50$ due to mining hysteria. I don´t think the 1070ti is pushing the 1080 out of the market right now, just two different choices.
    On another note, i finally got all the parts for the build. Everything went smooth and works perfectly but , as i decided for a non-k cpu, the stock cooler is noisy as fuck.
    Which would be the most silent cpu fan for a 17-7700 on the 50-80 $ range aprox?

Well, right now the price difference between a 1070ti and a 1080 is roughly 50$ due to mining hysteria. I don´t think the 1070ti is pushing the 1080 out of the market right now, just two different choices.
    On another note, i finally got all the parts for the build. Everything went smooth and works perfectly but , as i decided for a non-k cpu, the stock cooler is noisy as fuck.
    Which would be the most silent cpu fan for a 17-7700 on the 50-80 $ range aprox?
    Noctua/Be Quiet coolers work just fine for that, since your price range is up to 80$ even look at the NH-D14 and the NH-D15, i dont know your prices there

Otherwise get one of the cheaper ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_
    ra ra ra 1070 ti is rubbish because this video said so
    i ordered a 1070, not the TI model, hombre.
    Have fun with a gutted product. You got taken.
    i'm very confused now

Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post
    i'm very confused now
    Who gives a shit.
    Confrontation for the sake of, obviously.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.