Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Justicar Amerei View Post
    I Think the zandalari trolls are getting an entirely new skeleton, and are the only new race to get one. I'll add the quote when I find it.

EDIT: Found the quote, it's not an entirely new skeleton it seems, but it's the old troll skeleton that's been "tweaked with".

"Q: Were the Zandalari the most challenging because it doesn’t use another model like the other 5 allied races?

S: Most difficult because it’s a unique rig. It’s a modified Troll rig (straight, instead of hunch). Required a little more time on the touch ups. Same amount of time spent on them for customization options than the other allied races."

Link: http://www.wowhead.com/news=275764/l...form-is-raptor
    Even with them they are modifying the troll rig, altering the base troll skeleton to an upright posture.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    Horde made out like bandits with the allied races, we got much better options. Broken would have obviously been the superior choice over Lightforged.
    Alliance got void elves, that's two transformation-races, to the Horde's zero. Alliance clearly won out in the coolness department.

Only way Horde won, was getting two new druid-races. Even if highmountain tauren are garbage. Nightborne are literally nightelves with purple eyes once you remove the race-transmog. Zandalari beats out any other race, but tallied up alliance won overall.

It's blizzards trick to make more money.

Option 1
    Give more customization options through barbery:
    New hair
    New tattoos
    New tints
    New accessories

Option 2
    Name it a new race
    So people will have to either start from level 1 or pay for race change

Guess which way gives them more money.

Allied races should be maybe broken and stuff not just some tattoos and jewels

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Ohh, that's actually pretty cool. And like OP said, that's just gonna disappear under armor. I guess we'll see that gold plating on slutmog female lightforged space goats.
    Slutforged? wait what?

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Slutforged? wait what?
    slutmog, when people make an ugly transmog set that shows as much skin as possible instead of something that makes sense

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Wait... no, they do have the gold plated thing.

This is how males back look while naked.

and look at their hooves and their tail.

Not enought gold tbh, why no golden ankle wraps or kneepads?

Slutforged? wait what?
    He means you'll only see the golden markings on people who have 'slutmog' transmogs that reveal skin. Which is pretty much true.

The Lightforged Draenei are the lamest of the the subraces. They're almost as lame as Highmountain Tauren, but at least the Highmountain have better lore behind them and are a little more exciting compared to normal Tauren (they're like the Wildhammers of Tauren). Lightforged Draenei are just, you know, normal fucking Draenei guys who fought demons. Wowie.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    slutmog, when people make an ugly transmog set that shows as much skin as possible instead of something that makes sense
    I know, just calling it Slutforged now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not enought gold tbh, why no golden ankle wraps or kneepads?
    There are not that many option of armor that show the knees (and by not many i mean only cloth / leather low lvl green gear), the golden ankle wraps would have looked cool though

- - - Updated - - -

Well you can show a lot of skins and still have a nice looking transmog, sadly, hardly that's the case

I am bummed about all these reskins of races we already have. Couldn't each side get at least one unique race? Most of this just looks like character creation customization options we should have already had for the existing races.

Clearly I am more excited for WoW Classic then BfA.

Well I'll be rolling a Lightforged Paladin, Dark Iron Warrior, Void Elf Warlock or Priest, Zandalari Shaman or Druid, Highmountain Druid (If possible) and a Highborne Mage.
    The incentive of the heritage armor and new story/zone saves me the cost of performing the associated race or faction changes (along with server transfers).

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    He means you'll only see the golden markings on people who have 'slutmog' transmogs that reveal skin. Which is pretty much true.

The Lightforged Draenei are the lamest of the the subraces. They're almost as lame as Highmountain Tauren, but at least the Highmountain have better lore behind them and are a little more exciting compared to normal Tauren (they're like the Wildhammers of Tauren). Lightforged Draenei are just, you know, normal fucking Draenei guys who fought demons. Wowie.
    For you maybe. Among the options, Highmountain Tauren to me feels as the most boring one (Though I will roll one to be able to experience their starting experience and get that tribal outfit for my druid) and I for one wanted an option to change my Draenei Paladin to a Lightforged the moment I saw them, so its good news for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    For you maybe. Among the options, Highmountain Tauren to me feels as the most boring one (Though I will roll one to be able to experience their starting experience and get that tribal outfit for my druid) and I for one wanted an option to change my Draenei Paladin to a Lightforged the moment I saw them, so its good news for me.
    I think from a pure objective standpoint you'd be hardpressed to argue that, visually, the Lightforged and Highmountain are very interesting. They're literally just Draenei and Tauren we already have but with some extra markings on their nude models. How exciting? I guess?

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is quite nice, this is one of those races that is begging you to go Paladin or Priest.

Note: But we will end up with LF Draneais as Shadow Priest and Void Elves as Holy Priests :P
    Considering that Void Elves have a sort of "Void Form" that they automatically enter when in combat; Holy Priest Void Elves are going to be just damn right hilarious and I can't wait to see that lol

- - - Updated - - -

Well I'll be rolling a Lightforged Paladin, Dark Iron Warrior, Void Elf Warlock or Priest, Zandalari Shaman or Druid, Highmountain Druid (If possible) and a Highborne Mage.
    The incentive of the heritage armor and new story/zone saves me the cost of performing the associated race or faction changes (along with server transfers).

I'm pretty sure the heritage armors can only be used by the races to which they belong. IE: Unless your existing druid is going to become a Highmountain tauren, they wont be able to use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Considering that Void Elves have a sort of "Void Form" that they automatically enter when in combat; Holy Priest Void Elves are going to be just damn right hilarious and I can't wait to see that lol
    Turalyon: My love, i wish to touch you, but it brings such pain to me
    Alleria: I'm sorry my love, but we both know... the light and the void can never touch.
    Void Elf Holy Priest: LOOK HOW COOL I LOOK!!!!! *shines in bright lights while swimming around in the air with its void wings* i'm THE BEACON!

- - - Updated - - -

I think from a pure objective standpoint you'd be hardpressed to argue that, visually, the Lightforged and Highmountain are very interesting. They're literally just Draenei and Tauren we already have but with some extra markings on their nude models. How exciting? I guess?
    Well... they are easy to implement and give more chance for more options to come. (its like a simple subrace but with a different name to give them more versatility on what they may come with)

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Turalyon: My love, i wish to touch you, but it brings such pain to me
    Alleria: I'm sorry my love, but we both know... the light and the void can never touch.
    Void Elf Holy Priest: LOOK HOW COOL I LOOK!!!!! *shines in bright lights while swimming around in the air with its void wings* i'm THE BEACON!
    Turalyon & Alleria together: *sigh* "...........fucking Karl."

Quote Originally Posted by Heldamon View Post
    It's blizzards trick to make more money.

Option 1
    Give more customization options through barbery:
    New hair
    New tattoos
    New tints
    New accessories

Option 2
    Name it a new race
    So people will have to either start from level 1 or pay for race change

Guess which way gives them more money.

Allied races should be maybe broken and stuff not just some tattoos and jewels
    Then why are they giving an incentive to level instead of boost allied races?

Well... they are easy to implement and give more chance for more options to come. (its like a simple subrace but with a different name to give them more versatility on what they may come with)
    Well yeah, sure, they're easy to implement but they could've just as easily been mere customization updates for the existing Draenei race instead of a full subrace. They put all this work into Lightfarted Draenei when they could have just given the normal Draenei new horns/beards and, you know, maybe turned the broken Draenei (of which they created a model that uses the Draenei skeleton and body as opposed to the old one which used the Tauren skeleton) into the subrace? Just a thought.

I get what you are coming from with this but for me (On the alliance side), my dwarf warrior and draenei paladin are among my oldest chars, so these new subrace choices resonate well with my sentiment in what I had been wanting for them (For a rather long time). If they were only just skins without these new 1-20 experience (Basically its the almost exclusive questing experience every race had for themselves pre-cata revamp) I would agree with you but there is a nice RPG incentive tied to it making it appropriate for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure the heritage armors can only be used by the races to which they belong. IE: Unless your existing druid is going to become a Highmountain tauren, they wont be able to use it.
    I am well aware of it, I have done the listing accordingly with what I currently play.

I get what you are coming from with this but for me (On the alliance side), my dwarf warrior and draenei paladin are among my oldest chars, so these new subrace choices resonate well with my sentiment in what I had been wanting for them (For a rather long time). If they were only just skins without these new 1-20 experience (Basically its the almost exclusive questing experience every race had for themselves pre-cata revamp) I would agree with you but there is a nice RPG incentive tied to it making it appropriate for me.
    Well the Draenei's whole RPG schtick is they're disciples of the Naaru who fight demons. Which is exactly what the Lightforged Draenei are. I dunno what they have planned (maybe something that will give more credence to Lightforged Draenei, maybe nothing at all) but so far Lightforged Draenei just seem like totally normal Draenei who just happened to be fighting with the Naaru for all this time.

It'd have been cool if they went further with the Lightforged narrative and made the Draenei look a little more, I dunno, abstract? As if they were literally Draenei that were beginning to take on some kind of actual physical attribute of the Naaru (instead of boring body tattoo things). Or if their skin was literally cracking apart with light or something, I dunno. I'm mostly unhappy with the Lightforged Draenei because I think adding the Broken Draenei would have been a vastly superior (from lore and looks both) choice.

I also await for more confirmation about what exactly the cultural difference between both groups is, besides the lightforged being "more" dedicated to the naaru. I'd expect clash between their leader and Velen considering that Velen is second-guessing the Naaru, but the lightforged's leader seems to be Turalyon, so that wouldn't be a particularly entertaining conflict. The only interest I see in the lightforged (aside from looking cooler than normal draenei) is the fact that they are opposite to the void elves in the same faction.