Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Eh i wasnt around at launch but i am 100% sure mob spawn rates as well as ore/herbs was also a huge problem. Its going to have to be scaled to pop for this to be an enjoyable launch for people, i will bet my bank account that this happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thereaperszone View Post
    Spawn rates were fine if you make it easy then its not vanilla and it was playable then so should be now as well
    1. I doubt spawn rates were fine.
    2. There are going to be far more people this time around, it needs to be adjusted.

I played it and it was fine even with china farmers you just have to farm a lot

I played it and it was fine even with china farmers you just have to farm a lot
    Listen man i am the first guy in line to say keep it all the same, but there are some things that NEED to be changed for this to work and be enjoyable. Do you really want hundreds of people waiting around a quest mob to spawn on launch day? Or the inability to level professions while leveling? Again these can be toned down to classic levels after launch, but on launch day they HAVE to tweak these.

got it you want it easy. Have fun tho im sure it will be fun for a little bit

got it you want it easy. Have fun tho im sure it will be fun for a little bit
    I dont even know why i try to explain these things to people lol, this is something blizzard is going to do regardless of feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    130,000 active accounts... 38,377 bans in one year. And that's the people who didn't slip through the cracks.
    ye - on free servers

real classic wont be free - lets see how many of those people will be willing to pay 15 $ for real vanilla experience

10+ Year Old Account
    I will definitely check it out just to relive the old days where ppl actually were social and out in the world helping ppl

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    I have seen so many people that i had no idea even played video games talk/tweet about this its insane. I think this is going to be the largest release blizzard has done in many years, yes even bigger than an expansion release.

My prediction is when this comes out there will be more people playing on classic servers than live, of course i dont expect this to last forever, but for a short period i think this is a very real possibility.
    I think there's only one person who really cares whether you're right or not. I hope it does well all the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    this will probably be true for like, an hour before 90% of people got bored of it

not that i'm against classic servers! it's just i think only a pretty small niche group of people are going to be really committed to hanging around on them for the long haul

slightly related: is this gonna be free to play or part of the subscription? seems crazy to charge for this
    Last edited by Porimlys; 2017-11-09 at 07:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    I think there's only one person who really cares whether you're right or not. I hope it does well all the same.
    you mean JonTron, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    You are comparing "Teehee, this DPS spec does 20% more damage on well-suited fights, classes are unbalanced!" to "This spec is completely non-viable in an entire tier of the end game, this spec does 50% more damage than other specs, and this spec is only suited to off-healing or standing around to refresh buffs."
    To add some salt to the wound - if you happen to roll "bad" class you have to spend a month re-leveling, while your friends are doing fun shit without you. Awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    And in Vanilla - I logged on every night and did nothing except 'look for a raid' without success. They were the days... sitting in IF doing nothing trying to get a raid.

The fact that you choose NOT to do 95% of the content is your choice, in Vanilla - there was no content.
    You could raid crossroads and pwn newbies. It's content, isn't it? Isn't it? Please tell me that it was content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I think a lot of people have their rose tinted goggles on, and once they get in for a while, it isn't going to be as great as they remember it. And most likely they will blame blizzard for something, when in reality, it just had it's time and place.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    That's just absurd.

Only a small part of the community is actually looking forward to it and will play it (me for example! \o/).

There will be people checking it out, but those won't last longer than a couple of hours\sessions.

Whoever wanted classic will play immensely, the rest won't. So no, classic will never have more players than retail at launch, or at any point.
    That is a succinct analysis of how it will be, well said!

The die hards will love Vanilla, a lot of subscribers will check it out, some curios will come back and subscribe for it but won't last and the active/hardcore/casual subs won't maintain both both Vanilla and Cream --Classic and Live.

It depends on Blizzard's implementation though; it is doubtful they'll launch Classic without improvements like Tagging, UI, Addons, Graphics but how far will they take it? I would love to see the data behind those decisions! Will there be Heirlooms? Will there be Achievements (a big draw for some -Pets, Collections, Mounts), will there be Heirlooms, will there even be Bind to Account features? Will you be able to use WoW Tokens, CRZ, Auction House sharding etc etc.

It's all relative to Blizzard's recipe for the new and improved Vanilla, but hulkgor is pretty much on point!

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    I dont even know why i try to explain these things to people lol, this is something blizzard is going to do regardless of feedback.
    Im sure they will make it easy they should keep it 100% how it was or its not the same.

Deleted
    How do you not understand that you can't "relive days past"? The world has moved on, and vanilla 2019 or whenever it releases will never be as new or exciting as vanilla 2004.
    This is not true, I still play today games like fallout 1 and 2 and baldur's gate..... simply because there is no other game like them. Same with vanilla wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    And then they will all realize why they stopped playing in the first place.

I stopped playing because cata and pandaria and not because of vanilla.

Deleted
    On day 1 yes, absolutely it will have a huge spike, probably more then Battle for Azeroth day 1, for the simple fact that all the people who left because of changes made in expansions since classic will come back to check it out, plus all the active players of current WoW will check it out, some because of nostalgia reasons, some because they want to know what all the fuss is about, if Vanilla really was better then current WoW as some people claim, and hey if you have an active WoW account already it's free anyway so why not see.

But I also expect a huge drop on day 2, and the rest of the week, etc, because most players who joined well after classic, especially those who joined in Cata or the expansions after will probably be shocked and say "this is not the WoW I grew up with" because all the quality of life improvements made since classic, are gone, and they don't know WoW without it.

Even the players who played WoW since classic, and stuck with it, and are (mostly) fine with it the way it is now, like myself, will most likely start dropping off, because yes this is the WoW they started with, and while it was fun and nostalgic returning to it for a week or two, it's dated, it's different from what we're used to now, and remember it's been 13 years now, more probably when Classic actually launches, we've aged the same amount of time, our lives have changed since then, and so have our playstyles.

I am reminded of EverQuest, which I played in a period from 2000 to 2003, back in 2012 it went free to play, and somewhere in 2013 or 2014 I thought I'd check it out for nostalgia's sake, now this game makes WoW classic look like a cakewalk.
    As always I parked my main in his racial capital when I logged off for the final time, as a Wood Elf this was Kelethin, which is a city on platforms up in the trees (many a noob found the a quick death falling of the platforms and bridges), navigated myself down safely, slew a few lowbie mobs, and I went in look of something more challenging.
    Now I didn't want to bother with whole grouping, which was damn near mandatory in EverQuest if you wanted to fight anything worthwhile that gave experience, and actual relevant content had left me behind about 10 years prior so ya that was going to be a chore and half finding a group int the correct level range anyway, so I wandered about, the continent I was on really didn't have much for my level range, but I did know a cave a few zones over that had mobs that might prove a minor challenge, since they were about 15 levels below me instead of 50, ya...no, in 13 years I completely forgotten how to play and remember that 15 levels in EQ isn't that much of a difference in power as it is in WoW, especially if one of the caves occupants is a very nasty dotting Necromancer, long story short, Ranger down. (an oft said thing when rangers died in EQ, because of tissue paper chainmail armor)
    So I had a fun corpse run to look forward too, now EQ corpse runs are done when alive, not as a ghost, but sans armor which is still on your corpse, oh and you lose xp, and you have to actually get to your corpse without dying or else you can repeat it again, and lose more xp, and even de-level, oh and you have seven days to do this else your corpse will rot with all the stuff on it being gone.
    I managed to get to my corpse, drag it out of range of the necromancer, loot my gear and book it back to my races capital, where I went back to the same platform where I logged on, logged off there, and uninstalled EverQuest.

Nostalgia's often fun until you actually experience the way it was.

Deleted
    A good game is not nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by charlieartaus View Post
    Always great seeing another name caller thinking sarcasm work in text format with little to no effort. Good jobb fam. Can't wait for the follow up emergency response "i troll u mad"
    no. you said the magic word. fam.

YOU MUST BE SO HOOD
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoned View Post
    Yes, people will quickly realize classic WoW is much different in a good way and never play modern retail again.
    Keep dreaming, WoWs peak subscription wasnt even in classic.. Most people have never touched classic wow to begin with (or else only the last few months!). They are not used in the way group finding used to work, unbalanced/unplayable class specs and the grind. But have the best of luck playing classic yourself. It will be fun for the nostalgia, but that's it. You know the game now (while back than, exploring was a big part of it!) and just the special feeling of it will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    White knight to the rescue. Deal with it.
    White Knight? What? I read their post, and then I read your quote, and it seemed you were replying to someone else. I disagree with both of you, but I asked anyways. I didn't realize I was talking to a genuine lunatic though. My bad.

How does "deal with it" apply to... anything in relation to our back and forth?
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    aH yes, the Y chromosome, noted summoner of rape demons from the misogyny dimension.