Deleted

What is with the Gilneans and them building villages in the strangest places?

Is there a reason random gilnean villages appear on the most strangest (And haunted) places?

It has allways been bothering me, since I saw their village in the Blasted lands (surroundings corrupted by a horde of demons) and now they've done it near Black Rook Hold (Teeming with corrupted undead)

I mean is this a joke or what? I cannot seem to find what is the reason for this at all.

They were looking for a new home after cataclysm

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Looking for a new home and apparently having a spate of bad luck in doing so. There's also not many parcels of land in Azeroth where you won't find marauding ghosts, a legacy of demonic activity, or ancient and Old God-related curses festering beneath the soil.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    They probably just like really shitty places. Its a kink. Like who wouldn't want their family to be brutally killed by vengenful undead ? Its really stimulating for some.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Looking for a new home and apparently having a spate of bad luck in doing so. There's also not many parcels of land in Azeroth where you won't find marauding ghosts, a legacy of demonic activity, or ancient and Old God-related curses festering beneath the soil.
    This, and also the fact that Gilneans themselves prefer dark and spooky environments, I guess because it reminds them of Gilneas.
    Example : Tobias Mistmantle. ''Not a bad place here, especially if you aren't into this whol sunshine thing.''. He moved in Duskwood after Gilneas.

It's true that after they rejoined the Alliance, their quest hubs etc, were very isolated and they seemed repulsive of other Alliance races, probably because they were cut off from the outside world for many years.

It's not like, humans of Stormwind for example, made it easier for them though...:

''If you're looking for trouble, you might try the Gilnean fishing village to the southwest. Surwich, I think it was.
    I know we're supposed to be friends with the Gilneans, but really? Worgen? I had enough trouble getting used to the draenei.
    ''

-Watch Commander Relthorn Netherwane.

7+ Year Old Account
    They might be cursed for being a bunch of bitches back in the day and hiding behind a wall when things got scary

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Is there a reason random gilnean villages appear on the most strangest (And haunted) places?

It has allways been bothering me, since I saw their village in the Blasted lands (surroundings corrupted by a horde of demons) and now they've done it near Black Rook Hold (Teeming with corrupted undead)

I mean is this a joke or what? I cannot seem to find what is the reason for this at all.
    Well the ones who settled in the blasted lands was due to the dream that one druid had about revitalizing the tainted scar, obviously he succeeded but ended up being enslaved by the demons that was drawn in by his efforts.

The ones in Val'sharah were people who fled Gilneas when the Forsaken attacked, their ship was blown off course by a storm and they ended up shipwrecked on the shores of Val'sharah. They didn't settle there during Legion and the ghosts of Black Rook Hold wasn't terrorizing them before the Legions arrival.

Also the gloomy atmosphere is similar to that of their homeland which might also be why Gilneans purposefully settle in the less hospitable places of Azeroth.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2017-11-08 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    The ones in Val'sharah were people who fled Gilneas when the Forsaken attacked, their ship was blown off course by a storm and they ended up shipwrecked on the shores of Val'sharah. They didn't settle there during Legion and the ghosts of Black Rook Hold wasn't terrorizing them before the Legions arrival.
    Incorrect. They were from Pyrewood fleeing the Scourge during the Third War.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    Incorrect. They were from Pyrewood fleeing the Scourge during the Third War.
    Pyrewood is part of Gilneas but yea they fled when third war began.

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    This, and also the fact that Gilneans themselves prefer dark and spooky environments, I guess because it reminds them of Gilneas.
    Example : Tobias Mistmantle. ''Not a bad place here, especially if you aren't into this whol sunshine thing.''. He moved in Duskwood after Gilneas.

It's true that after they rejoined the Alliance, their quest hubs etc, were very isolated and they seemed repulsive of other Alliance races, probably because they were cut off from the outside world for many years.

It's not like, humans of Stormwind for example, made it easier for them though...:

''If you're looking for trouble, you might try the Gilnean fishing village to the southwest. Surwich, I think it was.
    I know we're supposed to be friends with the Gilneans, but really? Worgen? I had enough trouble getting used to the draenei.
    ''

-Watch Commander Relthorn Netherwane.
    Dude I love you. Whole gilneanian people prefer isolation after years of being behind the wall is so true. I feel it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I’m sure the area near black rock hold was viable before the legion came and fuck with them
    Other places not too sure haven’t realy done low low since cata

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post

Donno anything about the blasted lands situation, but the village by Black Rook Hold was there before the undead became corrupted... The undead there were corrupted by the Legion, who wasn't there until, well, this expansion landed... That village was formed long before Legion.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Donno anything about the blasted lands situation, but the village by Black Rook Hold was there before the undead became corrupted... The undead there were corrupted by the Legion, who wasn't there until, well, this expansion landed... That village was formed long before Legion.
    Worgens in Surwich are refuge who fled to Darnasus. I'm not sure how they ended up in BL considering Darnasus and BL are in different directions...

its more like "Worgen are unrepresented...throw them in places"

It's pretty amazing idea to actually read the established lore instead of speculating:
    About the Bradensbrook:
    When the Scourge swept through Silverpine Forest during the Third War, the residents of Pyrewood Village sought shelter within Gilneas, found the gates of the Greymane Wall closed to them. Purchasing a ship called the Sea Wolf, many of the residents set sail for Stormwind to escape the undead.
    Unfortunately, a storm blew their ship off course. They sailed aimlessly through the Great Sea for several weeks before another storm caused them to shipwreck on the shores of a mysterious island, near the ancient fortress of Black Rook Hold. Since their ship was unsalvageable, and the land plentiful, they built the village of Bradensbrook and settled down.The town recently fell into peril as Mayor Heathrow's daughter went missing and undead spirits arose, terrorizing the residents."
    About the Surwich:
    "Surwich is a Gilnean-controlled Alliance port and fishing village in the Blasted Lands. Most of its citizens came to the Blasted Lands following the dream of an idealistic druid named Marl Wormthorn. Wormthorn believed that the Tainted Scar could be healed, and attempted to grow it back. The attempt succeeded, but it also lured the majority of demons still present in the scar into his now twisted tree, Maldraz.
    Surwich is found within the Tainted Forest, where once the Tainted Scar was present. Through the efforts of Marl Wormthorn, the forest of this area was restored. In the process however, he attracted demons who corrupted him, twisting the druid's mind and making him an unfortunate slave to the demons of the area."

Source: WoWpedia

Deleted
    They also settled Kul Tiras which appears to have a witch infestation based on the announcement trailer
    Last edited by mmoc8d6f890807; 2017-11-09 at 07:54 AM.