Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Why not? Blizzard are a business they are doing this to make money - more incentive there is for a player to play one of Blizzard's games the more incentive there is for them to spend money with Blizzard.

Getting into Naxx 40 is not easy it will take a lot time and dedication as well as guild full of 39+ similarly minded players - it is wrong-headed to suggest that people that make this far do not want to experience Classic.

Anyway I see you've now exhausted unlikely scenarios fallen back on hyperbole.
    What the hell are you on about now? Your argument turned into "hey Blizzard is a business and wants to make money, so gear should carry over", nice one mate.

Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    I want them, but that's only because I have none of them.
    If I have Ornate Mithril set recipes, ZG recipes/materials, Naxxaramas recipes/materials or other things like that, you can be assured I'll oppose classic stuff going back to live with my dying breath.
    Is Ornate Mithril no longer available?

Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    What the hell are you on about now? Your argument turned into "hey Blizzard is a business and wants to make money, so gear should carry over", nice one mate.
    You wrote; "...but in this case I really don't think Blizzard should icentivize playing on Classic..." I simply pointed out why it is in Blizzard's interest to incentivise players to play their games.

Anyway I see this is going nowhere so I shall leave you to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    The entire movement of vanilla servers and demanding Blizz to make them is based on memories and nostalgia.

So why shit on people who want past achievement to stay in the past and not be watered down, based on memories and nostalgia? It's the same thing really.
    But it's not getting watered down. It's (hopefully) going to be the same exact thing as it was in the old days.

At which point, it just becomes people crying and whining that other people are getting to experience the "special and exclusive" thing that they experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Is Ornate Mithril no longer available?
    Yes, although it was among the easier recipes to acquire, out of all the stuff that got removed during the Cataclysm. There are often still a few Blacksmiths who played back then who can make it for you, so it's somewhat easy to get. Other rarer stuff might appear once a few months on the auction house, or just flat out never.

To be fair, I personally suspect the demand for removed crafted appearances aren't all that high anyway, given my experience selling some of them.
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2017-11-08 at 03:14 PM.
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    But it's not getting watered down. It's (hopefully) going to be the same exact thing as it was in the old days.

At which point, it just becomes people crying and whining that other people are getting to experience the "special and exclusive" thing that they experienced.
    It's never going to be "the exact same thing as it was in the old days". There has been 12 years of progress in player skill, tools available etc, which will make old raids trivial in comparison. And that's if (and that's a large IF) Classic really is made pristine, without any of the changes, nerfs, buffs, "fixes" and QoL people are already crying for.

But that doesn't matter, it's just one of the several reasons, it's not just one, but all of them together.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    You wrote; "...but in this case I really don't think Blizzard should icentivize playing on Classic..." I simply pointed out why it is in Blizzard's interest to incentivise players to play their games.

Anyway I see this is going nowhere so I shall leave you to it.
    But those are incentives to play the game for the wrong reasons.
    Lets say someone plays classic just so can have the transmog of Naxx 40
    Imagine he loses the item to someone else
    It would create guild drama and it would be very annoying for him.

Everyone would be at eachother throats to grab the corrupted ashbringer and tier sets

Asmongold was discussing this yesterday on stream.
    I dont even know if its a good idea to incentivise people to play Vanilla. People should be there because they want to. The community will be much more "chill" like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    It's simple. The more you get, the more you want. If you get a raise, often times people are a bit sad that they didn't get just a tiny bit extra.

Now we get Vanilla, and obviously people aren't grateful enough and accepts that; they want more.
    Give an inch, take a mile! Got ya haha!

It's never going to be "the exact same thing as it was in the old days". There has been 12 years of progress in player skill, tools available etc, which will make old raids trivial in comparison.
    If we're talking about MC, sure. That place is practically just a 40man dungeon with how simple and easy the bosses are.

BWL, no, you cannot just steamroll your way through there with "skill". Same with AQ and especially Naxx.

Still doesn't make it any less idiotic that people are crying about other people getting to experience this old content, for no reason other than "reeeee I won't be a special snowflake anymore reeeee".

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    But those are incentives to play the game for the wrong reasons.
    Lets say someone plays classic just so can have the transmog of Naxx 40
    Imagine he loses the item to someone else
    It would create guild drama and it would be very annoying for him.

Everyone would be at eachother throats to grab the corrupted ashbringer and tier sets

Asmongold was discussing this yesterday on stream.
    I dont even know if its a good idea to incentivise people to play Vanilla. People should be there because they want to. The community will be much more "chill" like this.
    No-one who is capable of and dedicated enough to raid Naxx 40 is going to play solely to get T3 on their main as there are far easier ways to obtain T3 transmog already in game.

Losing an item to another raid member is part and parcel of being a raider - people are going to lose items to other raid members and this will, in some cases, cause guild drama and I doubt classic will be any different for the current live or any previous version of WoW in this regard.

People will be disappointed at losing out on a piece of gear they want regardless of their reasons for wanting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    The gameplay was very tedious compared to now. I recall having to eat and drink after every pull... and sometimes finish the mobs off with a wand blast because I was OOM. Yes that was pulling 1 mob at a time. No AoE.... AoE meant death well into TBC. Man it still gives me shudders thinking about how bad great the game was.
    Fixed. Not being able to faceroll mob in the world, AoE being an actual tactical decision only in specific circumstances, having to take care of your health and mana, were among things that made the game engaging and immersive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    You're making good points, however, I would not specifically play classic for the rewards, even tho I'm sort of a collector. If I think the gameplay is boring because I've been there and done that already, I won't continue and play in hopes of getting some rares.
    Of course, most people will do that. But you only need to have a small minority of idiots to pollute the game. Just look at these very forums : 80 to 85 % just want Vanilla "as it was", but a tiny minority of trolls/retards post their crap that and it seems like "Vanilla lovers are never satisfied".

Thanks everyone for the talk. I might not agree with all your viewpoints but I do understand them and now this view point feels valid to me. It was hard to take it seriously before when I had zero reason provided before other than "I don't want it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    So you wanna see everyone in naxx 40 gear on the retail servers in a couple of years? nah, doesn't sound fun to me.
    When classic servers are released they will stay around for a long time. You will have so much more time to farm stuff compared to what you had back in the days. Doesn't seem fair to the people that got this stuff 12+ years ago.
    You do realize that people could farm this stuff well into being level 70 as well, right? Naxx was hard at level 60, but for raid geared 70s it was a lot easier. Not like it was really an achievement to do that at that time. Also, you can just buy the T3 sets of the BMAH anyway... might as well let us carry that shit from Classic to live for mogging.

Deleted
    I honestly don't care at all about what happens on retail, as long as we get a good version of the game on classic they can have all the transmog or mounts they want

Because Classic and retail shouldn't touch on principle, this is reason one.

Reason two, unique things like the scepter mount, removed gear or titles belong on people who actually earned them in Vanilla. Not on tourists who come 12 years later, with the knowledge, third party tools (websites, addons) and probably QoL improvements and collect them in ezmode.

Reason three, any incentive to specifically play Classic to gain shit for the main game will have some people massively butthurt, because every time you introduce any reward whatsoever, there will be those who will feel "forced" to do said content.

tl;dr: Classic should be a separate playground for grognards and for tourists who want to see and experience the old world, not an easy farm for items unavailable in the main game.
    This might be a valid line of reasoning if, you know:

Naxx gear wasn't available in Naxx and the BMAH.
    Naxx 40 hadn't been available all through BC.
    Scarab Lord wasn't stolen on a number of the servers that came out later by people transferring to those servers.
    Scarab Lords, and Naxx geared accounts weren't sold and passed around.

Rewards are a very smart move towards keeping more than a dozen or two thousand players interested in the classic idea for more than a couple months.

I personally don't mind the idea. I think it would give people the intensive to try out the servers and play on them and I doubt it would affect the classic servers themselves as long as nothing can be transferred to them. The only think I hope for is that if Blizzard implements something like this, they do it a bit after the launch because the launch will be crowded enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Classic and retail shouldn't touch on principle, this is reason one.

Reason two, unique things like the scepter mount, removed gear or titles belong on people who actually earned them in Vanilla. Not on tourists who come 12 years later, with the knowledge, third party tools (websites, addons) and probably QoL improvements and collect them in ezmode.

Reason three, any incentive to specifically play Classic to gain shit for the main game will have some people massively butthurt, because every time you introduce any reward whatsoever, there will be those who will feel "forced" to do said content.

tl;dr: Classic should be a separate playground for grognards and for tourists who want to see and experience the old world, not an easy farm for items unavailable in the main game.
    On reason 2, to be fair, none of that removed gear should have ever been removed in the first place. Old naxx should have never been removed, old ZG should have never been removed. Old versions of instances should never be removed... Want to reuse it for "new content" like Naxx and ZG were? Cool, put a legacy difficulty selector on the menu first.

Content should never be removed, only added. And yeah, that means old Azeroth should still be accessible too, especially to level through for the people who don't like the post Cata world changes, the Caverns of time is a thing, no reason for it not to be.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I would rather there be new ways to get them in the live game, through professions or quest lines or other such things.

I don't think you should have to play a crappy 13 year old version of the game to get them, and if they do go that route I at least want them not to show up as "uncollected" in the collections tab.

I agree there should be some cosmetic reward in retail for playing classic. Not the other way around because that would pollute what people have asked for. The reason people are against it is because people enjoy gatekeeping when it comes legacy content and they genuinely believe that hypothetical people are awed by things that are currently unattainable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miatog View Post
    Just to be upfront with my bias, such a system is the only way I'd personally play classic.
    It'd be the only reason I'd play it, which is why I don't want it to happen. Don't want to have to play two MMO games to reap the rewards in one.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.