Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    I'm surprised by Thrall. I thought that guy has stepped back for good after handing over doomhammer.
    They killed off so many good characters, it amazes me they didn't throw Thrall into the pile. It actually irks me that they didn't.

I'm excited to see everybody else's story develop, but Thrall can go back into irrelevance.

Next thing you know they'll say Med'an is back and even more powerful than ever.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

It would be so weird if they just killed a character and let them stay dead.

Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    He just gave you the hammer to farm AP for him, he is far too popular around town to farm the AP by himself.
    I expect to see Thrall holding the fel-colored Draenic version of the doomhammer next expansion.

Would be interesting since Vol'jin's involvements means that there is a larger threat at play, as his part is reduced to the spirit world – as opposed to a material conflict.

Perhaps this would be an interesting place to draw a parallel line to Anduin/Sylvannas promoting conflict. Malfurion/Vol'jin seeing the influence of N'zoth/Aszhara from the spirit realm and negotiating a sidelined truce that the mainline thinking in both factions doesn't fully recognize.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    It would be so weird if they just killed a character and let them stay dead.
    *Looks over at Cairn's burial mound with a tear in her eye*

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    Have you never played Zul'Gurub?
    I did, but I only recal flying tiki masks. Bottom line was it's pretty forced to make out of it another blame for him. Guy is dead.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2017-11-09 at 07:15 AM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Boxilot View Post
    *Looks over at Cairn's burial mound with a tear in her eye*
    Yeah but even then in the War Crimes novel, Cairne has some dumb ghost cameo to talk to Baine from beyond the grave. Really defeats the point of killing a character if the plot allows you to just talk to them directly whenever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Yeah but even then in the War Crimes novel, Cairne has some dumb ghost cameo to talk to Baine from beyond the grave. Really defeats the point of killing a character if the plot allows you to just talk to them directly whenever you want.
    Well, that's what happens when your universe has one (or several) planes where the dead go that the living can access through necromancy, spiritwalking or just by going to certain places.

Death is a status effect.

They said in the interview that Thrall has Vol'jins urn and that his spirit will return, i hope he becomes Loa

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    They said in the interview that Thrall has Vol'jins urn and that his spirit will return, i hope he becomes Loa
    I want him to come back and have a ghost duel against our old friend Gara'jal!
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Erinhia View Post
    I want him to come back and have a ghost duel against our old friend Gara'jal!
    Death be a doorway, and time a window, ill be back.. HAHAHAHAHHAH

---> wish Vol'jin said that before he died.. /cry

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Death be a doorway, and time a window, ill be back.. HAHAHAHAHHAH

---> wish Vol'jin said that before he died.. /cry
    Well he said, h-h-h-h-h-h-heeeeeeelp. If thats any consolation.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thrall will basicly carry Vol'jin's Urn with him for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    I'm surprised by Thrall. I thought that guy has stepped back for good after handing over doomhammer.
    Well I mean since we dont have the weapons anymore after the expansion.. maybe he just gets it back?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Well I mean since we dont have the weapons anymore after the expansion.. maybe he just gets it back?
    Fuck him, I'm using it for transmog!

Well we are pals with a death god, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    That'd be really anticlimactic. I want my artifact weapon to explode and every single artifact power item swirls around Sargeras like an infinite sea of wisps.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Well, that's what happens when your universe has one (or several) planes where the dead go that the living can access through necromancy, spiritwalking or just by going to certain places.

Death is a status effect.
    It still removes the drama and weight of a character death, which removes a lot of storytelling power from the plot.

I want some other characters to take the spotlight for once.

Falstad, Rokhan, Rexxar and Shandris, among others, are faction-based characters that should get a lot more love in an expansion that is based on faction conflict.