Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roccatex View Post
    Achievement System. No item rewards, just so you can get the vanilla achievements again Account-wide.

I hope they use the current version of the engine for better performance.

They shouldn't change the gameplay, tuning etc, but I'm all for using the current engine, textures, particle effects etc etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    UBRS is also a 10-man raid
    or 15

Lower skill costs. Also warming up to improving the models/engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaze View Post
    or 15
    When I played Vanilla retail it was 10 (might have been after the change though) and all private servers have it as 10, makes more sense unless the mobs are tuned harder.
    Last edited by JCD000; 2017-11-09 at 09:09 AM.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Change nothing. In fact, don't even bother with Classic. It's a complete waste of time and resources on Blizzard's part.

You've all been afflicted with "rose tinted glasses" syndrome. You want back the experience you had in vanilla, where you were young and care free... so full of potential for the future. Where the game was hard and your hours of dedication to becoming one of the best on the server and being seen as a mighty player.

I'm telling you now you will log into Classic in a vein attempt to re-live those glory days and you'll end up being sorely disappointed. The experience will never be the same because you've grown up and have dead-end jobs that restrict your wanted endless playtime. You'll soon realise that it's not the game you miss, it's your youth a d your spark for life. Now you play 7.3, knowing that the game has moved on and so has your life, both in a direction you don't like and that depresses you.

You'll play Classic for two months and realise vanilla was a shitty mess and you'll never get those times back. Life is shit and you are shitty people.

Sorry!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sn0wman View Post
    One of the following:
    * Summoning stones.
    * Smoother leveling experience. Takes a bit to much time leveling up, I was one of the first 100 on Horde on my server back in vanilla to reach 60 and it took me ~2-3 weeks if remember correct.. was quite a time ago more or less played constantly. Today with work and children it will take me maybe one or two months i would guess.
    * Help the poor warlocks out, i remember they had to gather soulshards 1-2hours before raid just to be able to summon slacking players and give out healthstones.
    * Reduce the need of nature/fire resistance. Atleast nature for AQ40 we had to farm months just to get enough gear with NR resistance.

Don't get me wrong, i loved the Vanilla experience, 40man, epic was actually epic! and if you had some gear people actually knew who you was. Also the endless discussions on IRC and the real Altarec valley when you could summon the boss in the middle etc.. But many things where also quite annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thrassion View Post
    Change nothing. In fact, don't even bother with Classic. It's a complete waste of time and resources on Blizzard's part.

You've all been afflicted with "rose tinted glasses" syndrome. You want back the experience you had in vanilla, where you were young and care free... so full of potential for the future. Where the game was hard and your hours of dedication to becoming one of the best on the server and being seen as a mighty player.

I'm telling you now you will log into Classic in a vein attempt to re-live those glory days and you'll end up being sorely disappointed. The experience will never be the same because you've grown up and have dead-end jobs that restrict your wanted endless playtime. You'll soon realise that it's not the game you miss, it's your youth a d your spark for life. Now you play 7.3, knowing that the game has moved on and so has your life, both in a direction you don't like and that depresses you.

You'll play Classic for two months and realise vanilla was a shitty mess and you'll never get those times back. Life is shit and you are shitty people.

Sorry!
    You dont know what are you talking about. When i first logged in nostalrius i was so hyped and felt literally this christmas nostalgia stuff, smiling like a little child first 6 hours. Then it was all about gameplay/community, and i played almost a year, and would played more but it closed. You are wrong, there are plenty of people whose experience of playing on private servers is telling opposite of everything you are writing here.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    I would make it so raid bosses can’t drop paladin gear for horde raids and the other way around.
    Someone get this man hired at blizz.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrassion View Post

Sorry!
    you totally don't know what you're talking about, like many others here I played on a private server and loved it, as long as blizzard doesn't fuck this up I'll gladly pay for it and it's going to be great, idk why you're even here if you aren't going to play and are just being salty

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ulpisen2 View Post
    you totally don't know what you're talking about, like many others here I played on a private server and loved it, as long as blizzard doesn't fuck this up I'll gladly pay for it and it's going to be great, idk why you're even here if you aren't going to play and are just being salty
    I'm not salty at all I don't care. It annoys me that Blizzard put time and effort into this so you can re-live the past. If anything you sound a bit triggered? If you truly didn't believe what I said you would have felt the need to reply. The truth hurts bro.

A minor change that I personally think would not shake the very foundations of the world, would be to give druids a normal ress.

But still, I would perfer no changes.

Add a toggle for auto loot in interface. Having to shift+right click every mob was beyond irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd add Goblins to the Horde faction and Broken to the Illidari faction up there But yeah you got to the point where we are not even talking about a remaster, we are talking about a completely different game.
    I was trying to think what else to add to make the races equal numbers. Those would be the right ones. Yeah I would basically make the game a direct sequel to WC3. The story lines would be different, but mechanically it would be the same. Three factions would be so much better.

The OP didn't state the changes were for the Classic servers, so I just put in my opinion that WoW should have started with three factions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Adding of Blizzards quest helper. Alot of the quests back in the day made no sense and required you to pretty much go online to find the solution.

Or just improve the overall raid UI to the current one. The old one required you to have addons to work and i would prefer if i could play Classic end-game without having to bombard my PC with addons.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

One thing to fix? I'd chose having today's graphic is enough.... or wait: bring the very early alpha or beta female Nightelf models... those huuuuuge boobs before they got shrinked to their current state!

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Wow really? Had no idea it came so late
    Before that you could try to use the stones to form a group, but the results were mixed to say the least. Since dungeon ranges were so vast you could end up with a group that was waaaaay below what the latter half needed. That's if you got a group at all.

Everyone gets their own gathering nodes.

No changes except game breaking bug fixes.

Deleted
    Not being a fan of it...

1.12 -> 2.0

Badum .... Tsch!

Nope, keep it all the way it was. That way everyone who wants this dog puke can suffer through it and quit a month into it.

Deleted
    New models option. That's about it.