Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Add AoE looting.

Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha View Post
    If you could change one thing only, what would it be?
    For me it would be attunements, i'd remove them just because they will just lead to a lot smaller number of people raiding.
    This time around I'd love to see better itemization, walking away str on cloth and leather and other stats that don't make any sense for the item to have. I'm like 90% certain they are gonna bring in QoL changes like that and i don't think it would be that detrimental to the experience. I know that is part of what made vanilla special, but there are a lot of things that are just bad for the sake of being bad in vanilla lol... like half the specs being broken to the point where they aren't viable in a raid setting and even then a lot classes only had 1 viable raid spec, 2 if you were lucky. I'd like to see those two things change, which are mainly tuning issues. Vanilla would shit tons better without taking away anything other than horrible items and broken specs away.

TLDR: Just make items make sense and have useful stats on them and make all the specs at least function to the point where you do not have to solely play resto if you want a druid. Vanilla was great, but there are areas if sensible improvement that wouldn't make a huge negative impact on the quality of the experience.

at the very very least nerf and fix rogues

classic rogues were an asshole's paradise

broken pieces of garbage
    Last edited by Zyphrus; 2017-11-09 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    In that case I'm really going to enjoy the convenient rotation bot addon that I'm gonna write since that's possible in vanilla. Good luck beating me in pvp when my addon can react to and counter what you're doing the millisecond you do it.

Either accept that some things has to be changed or be prepared for a completely broken game once addon creators get their claws on classic.
    I'm not 100% sure about this but on private servers, the patch/client were Vanilla but I believe the server or repack is Cata so all the really bad exploits are fixed up to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by JCD000 View Post
    I'm not 100% sure about this but on private servers, the patch/client were Vanilla but I believe the server or repack is Cata so all the really bad exploits are fixed up to that point.
    I have one written for Elysium, just for my class though and it is flawless. I perform better with it than without it but I only use it in dungeons and boring farm content.

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    I would like modern graphics. I don't think this is going to happen, though.
    If Classic is not about nostalgia but is truly a great game by its mechanics (and I believe it is), updating its graphics would only make it better.
    But I fully understand that people going in for nostalgia would prefer old graphics.
    Me too, just checked a Vanilla Private and didn't even realised the graphics were that bad. I remember they were top ace at the time. Not talking the textures really but water/lightning effects/smoothing edges/shadow perhaps.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Support for modern computer monitor resolutions.

People who have 1080, 1440, or 4k shouldn't play in some warped 4:3.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-11-09 at 12:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Integrate bnet. Change Nothing.

Deleted
    Meeting stone summons enabled

Quote Originally Posted by njams View Post
    Me too, just checked a Vanilla Private and didn't even realised the graphics were that bad. I remember they were top ace at the time. Not talking the textures really but water/lightning effects/smoothing edges/shadow perhaps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    I would like modern graphics. I don't think this is going to happen, though.
    If Classic is not about nostalgia but is truly a great game by its mechanics (and I believe it is), updating its graphics would only make it better.
    But I fully understand that people going in for nostalgia would prefer old graphics.
    "Modern" graphics is probably why we have 2 or 3 content patches per expansion on retail. Blizzard did 12 patches during 2 years of Classic. Now they can barely make 3.

Make it as close as possible to launch. Only fix things preventing the game to be played. Major bugs, crashes, etc. Ensure it's stable for possibly millions playing. Don't cave and put in LFG or anything. Let people who think they wanted this experience using chat channels and running to dungeons
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    Blizzard did 12 patches during 2 years of Classic. Now they can barely make 3.
    Most of those 12 patches were adding stuff what should've already been there if game wasn't released as raw beta with lags, glitches, gliding corpses and sea vessels coursing through Azshara. Like end game dungeons for folks who was happy to reach 60 lvl before 60 lvl content has arrived

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    This will likely be unpopular but here i go anyway:

Fix some stupid raid design stuff. I mean things like needing 8 warriors with 4 (or was it 6?) T3 for 4 horsemen. I remember this requirement destroying 2 good guilds as their main tanks were poached by the best guild on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    "Modern" graphics is probably why we have 2 or 3 content patches per expansion on retail. Blizzard did 12 patches during 2 years of Classic. Now they can barely make 3.
    Remember it was a real pain to install the patches as well.

one change? Id add more graveyards, its innocent enough that it wont ruin any gameplay but will still be nice to only having to run 1 minute as a ghost instead of 5.

Deleted
    The OPTION to have modern graphics, so that if you want PURE vanilla you can still opt for older graphics but other players can go for the new stuff, so everyone gets what they want. More unique models to important NPC characters. More voice-acting.

Fix "kill 40 mobs to get 1 quest item" quests.

I can see a lot of reasons against LFD/LFR systems, but the truth is, that kind of system was already in place in Classic in the form of Meeting Stones. The modern-era LFD system is problematic because it kills the game world by taking travel out of the equation. Travel is one thing that made Vanilla Vanilla so it MUST ABSOLUTELY be a thing, no matter how burdersome it is. However, there could still be a LFD system in place, and it can be done by expanding on the old Meeting Stones system. You'd use these stones to find members for your dungeon group, but you could only do it by going to the Stone of the respective dungeon (for example, if you wanted to go to Maraudon, you'd need to use the stone that was set there) and because of this you couldn't really find any players through these Stones. What if a player that might want to go was in Tanaris? It can be done differently. For example, if you went once to the Meeting Stone at Maraudon, you'd add it to the list of dungeons that you could queue for from any other Meeting Stone. That means you could queue for Maraudon at the Meeting Stone in Stormwind (the one at Stockades). So other players who wanted to queue for one particular instance could find players from any Meeting Stone around the world. Reduce the summoning requirement to one player instead of two, and there you have it: a working, improved LFD system that respects what Classic was because it was build upon a system that was already in place at that time.
    Last edited by mmoc2ebc293481; 2017-11-09 at 03:55 PM.

Deleted
    Debuff limit and giving Warriors more than Rend and TC until spec specials. Heroic Strike don't count.

Not a single thing

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind them changing small QoF things like stacking items in bags, or 30 minute hearthstone. Would really be nice if warlock soulshards stacked.

AoE looting. It's small, only one idiot would complain (there's always the one) and objectively a QOL improvement for everyone.

edit: Or maybe the improvements to the auction house? Now that I think about it I distinctly remember being forced to individually shift-click my stacks of items to separate them into smaller stacks and drag them into the window for every single auction, and it did not have memory of the price of the last one I put in or the "auction loading bar" as you put in a bunch of stuff. That's a bit bigger, but still firmly in the "you'd have to be insane to want this un-fixed".
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2017-11-09 at 07:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.