Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    ganking the wrong person
    hit & run posting lol

I don't know if anything I did was "dumb". Running to much higher level zones for FPs later on was super useful...but I died a LOT doing this. Like, a lot a lot.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I can't remember anything major, maybe I had great mentors When I started out I choose my gear based on how much armor they give. I was a mage... Later on I sold some rare recipe that dropped for me for 10 silver instead of like 100g (what it was worth) because I was playing too drunk
    Started playing in this guy's guild. :P

Not in classic but in TBC my first character was a Warlock and I didn't know shit about my rotation or abilities, so I used to just spam corruption and cast a shadow bolt or two from time to time.
    Now that I think about it, I wonder how I could join Kara,Mag and Gruul pugs with that horrible dps

Deleted
    Got to level 40 and my first mount before I figured out how soulstones worked.

I barely used ranged weapon on my hunter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Started playing in this guy's guild. :P
    Hmm I think it wasn't mine, I was maybe the first to join after creation? I became GM or sort-of-GM later on for a while. But I can't properly remember these things anyway

Deleted
    Didn't play vanilla as I started in 2007 just after TBC launch, but here's my first few missteps during a 15 day free trial:

Go to level 8 as a Human Warrior before deleting him because I kept dying to murloc chain pulls in Elwynn Forest.

Rerolled Undead Warlock - got to lvl 22 before deciding I'd spent a few talent points incorrectly, so deleted him too.

Decided I liked Paladins but also Horde, so had to buy the full game plus TBC. Decided leveling as Holy would be fine, stacking Agility to boost my crit rating until probably about lvl 20. Got so heavily and deeply invested in the game that I ruined personal relationships, replaced real life ambition with "I'M A RAIDER", and still play to this day. Goddamnit, this turned dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Hmm I think it wasn't mine, I was maybe the first to join after creation? I became GM or sort-of-GM later on for a while. But I can't properly remember these things anyway
    Understandable - I think you had just mentioned drinking too much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFol View Post
    Destroying items I got from the mailbox sent by my brother (I didn't know it was him back then) cause I thought I stole them from the guy who was right next to the mailbox as well.
    I just panicked and destroyed the items (It was like 4 bags and some food)
    Later on I learned that you cannot steal mails from other people. :c
    hahahhahaah funniest thing I have been reading today. How old were you?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure there were a lot of dumb things, but there is one I still clearly remember; I didn't train (Greater?) Blessing of Salvation on my Paladin because I felt it was rather useless and quite expensive to train. I was in AQ20 when I was told otherwise... Luckily, I wasn't outright kicked, and just switched Blessings with some other Paladin.
    Last edited by Santti; 2017-11-09 at 12:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makiru View Post
    Didn't learn to charge as a Warrrior because why should i? I can simply walk to the enemy.

And on a long night some some guild members including me were curious how long it would take to walk, run and ride from Orgrimmar to Silithus. Sadly i don't kow the times anymore.
    Haha, i had something similair ..not learning spells cause I dont need them. That stuff was expensive you know! :P

Oh and I asked someone near me how I could get to level 2, cause i was still level 1 ...! he helped me great tho! Wonder if he still plays

On my very first character (Troll Hunter), I went from Durotar to Barrens, and for the very first time I saw people saying "LFM" etc etc. Anyway, someone wrote "LF Tank for WC" - And I asked, about 5-6 times "Guys, how do I get a tank??" - People pretty quickly answered after having a laugh about it, because that's what WoW community was back then, a community.

Other than that, I probably ninjaed 4-5 items, just because they were blue, and I was hella excited about blue loot! (We're talking Int stuff, Mail stuff (Hunters were leather until 40)..

What else.. Tried to tell a GM that my brother disenchanted a weapon from Ragnaros, while my guild was progressing on Ragnaros. Got a 24 hour ban for "Sharing my account" (Although I think the GM was just sick of me trying to cheat him). And my guild killed ragnaros (first kill) while I was banned.

Talked to NPCs, believing they would respond. That or that I farmed the gnolls outside of Brill at level 12, and bought a new sword from the weapon vendor every time my old one broke (didn't know I could repair until I was almost level 25).

10+ Year Old Account
    I used my two handed staff to fight mobs lmfao. Yes I’m fucking serious I did this as a Druid when I started.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Leveled my shaman to level 36 with 1h and shield using rockbiter. Then my friend introduced me to windfury and never went back

go to MC with my guild at lvl 58 green/blu stuff.

I remember leveling my rogue in Western plaguelands. Fell down a chimney in ruins of Andorhal. Panicked and was considering leveling an new char cuz I didnt know the way out. I tried to wall jump it for hours. Was logged out for days. Spoke to my friends and we all agreed that hearthstone should work. I felt so stupid

I gave a buddy of mine 10 gold the moment he started, he spend it all on vendor items and asked me for more the next day

7+ Year Old Account
    Ninja looted Majordomo chest