Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haste and crit work as a crutch, normally you should prioritise those first, but you should also look sideways and flirt with mastery occasionally.

Too many variables these days with legendaries and such to give stock stat weights and have them be useful. Sim your character.

So the sims are showing Frost being back on top. Is that BoS spec? Is that still the way to go? It's been a few months since I benched the DK. Let me know!! I miss playing my Frost DK.

No, sims cannot be used to stack rank across classes or specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r1369 View Post
    So the sims are showing Frost being back on top. Is that BoS spec? Is that still the way to go? It's been a few months since I benched the DK. Let me know!! I miss playing my Frost DK.
    Like I said in a previous post, I'm personally cautiously optimistic. Frost seems to do better as ilvl increases and the tier bonuses are good. Bear in mind also that pure single target is the weakest point of the spec as well, strongest ones being sustained aoe and cleave. Maybe at the start of Antorus up until 950-955 (hypothetical number) ilvl unholy proves to be better, but after that it might be frosts game. Also consider lego pieces.

Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-11-06 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Like I said in a previous post, I'm personally cautiously optimistic. Frost seems to do better as ilvl increases and the tier bonuses are good. Bear in mind also that pure single target is the weakest point of the spec as well, strongest ones being sustained aoe and cleave. Maybe at the start of Antorus up until 950-955 (hypothetical number) ilvl unholy proves to be better, but after that it might be frosts game. Also consider lego pieces.

Fingers crossed.
    Ah, I have my bis leggos.. so maybe I'll go back to my DK

Deleted
    thanks a lot for your fast answers ! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r1369 View Post
    Ah, I have my bis leggos.. so maybe I'll go back to my DK
    BIS Legos changed since NH, now it's wrists and chest for single target, with belt likely to make a comeback at very high ilvls next tier. Sephuz replaces chest whenever you can interrupt every 30 sec and soul of the Deathlord is bis for multitarget.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    BIS Legos changed since NH, now it's wrists and chest for single target, with belt likely to make a comeback at very high ilvls next tier. Sephuz replaces chest whenever you can interrupt every 30 sec and soul of the Deathlord is bis for multitarget.
    I'm just going to copy paste this for the next several weeks or posts asking about legendaries for Antorus
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I don't know that I would say bleak, 5-8% isn't catastrophic. Frost is not remotely competitive with unholy but it's still competitive with other specs like BM, ret, havoc, demo, and WW.

Survival and outlaw have it bleak.

And you've got to feel bad for classes with only single DPS specs. Shadow's doing great right now and WW just got a huge buff, but ret and havoc are hovering right around frost DK. Those guys have a right to be seriously unhappy. That's why I would never, ever, main one of those classes.
    never main a class with a single DPS spec if your goal is to DPS.

while im not sure which spec of DK will be top after T20 Tier nerfs and initial week 1 class balance patch for T21 im fairly confident we will have 1 spec that is atleast upper middle for Antorus, and that simply is a advantage Warrior/DK enjoy that monk/paladin/priest will never get.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    never main a class with a single DPS spec if your goal is to DPS.

while im not sure which spec of DK will be top after T20 Tier nerfs and initial week 1 class balance patch for T21 im fairly confident we will have 1 spec that is atleast upper middle for Antorus, and that simply is a advantage Warrior/DK enjoy that monk/paladin/priest will never get.
    All those poor demon hunters with a single spec...

Bad advice. I was dumping AP in both for a while. Then crucible came out and now I'm behind and losing to guys with all 3 traits unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post

Bad advice. I was dumping AP in both for a while. Then crucible came out and now I'm behind and losing to guys with all 3 traits unlocked
    Dks have had a better spec than DH through this entire expac...

and this is the lul period between tiers no one cares about competitve logs these last 2-3 weeks, as its entirely based on your guild kill time rather than your actual performance.

Deleted

75/71 here, don't see the problem

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    not everyone can spend 15 hours a day grinding AP kid.

i understand no one gives a shit about parses these past few weeks. does not mean to slack in your raid team if you still pushing mythics right now

To quote South Park: "Whoever this person is, he has played world of warcraft nearly every hour of every day for the past year and a half. Gentlemen, we are dealing with someone here who... has absolutely no life!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    To quote South Park: "Whoever this person is, he has played world of warcraft nearly every hour of every day for the past year and a half. Gentlemen, we are dealing with someone here who... has absolutely no life!"
    Ive been completing all the Argus WQs, follower AP missions and Argus invasions, at least once per day, plus a weekly ToS clear and 4-5 12+s a week and am only halfway through level 74.

Nuts to think some people already have two weapons at 75.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Home run Kaver!! Tsst tss

I hope to have 72 by Antorus. That will unlock a 7th ambidex

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    Ive been completing all the Argus WQs, follower AP missions and Argus invasions, at least once per day, plus a weekly ToS clear and 4-5 12+s a week and am only halfway through level 74.

Nuts to think some people already have two weapons at 75.
    4 to 5 M+ a week? I get my 10 in and that's that. Don't have a would group so I pug.
    I was 66 in UH then was doing frost for fun during N and H clears then decided to stick with it 3 weeks before crucible. .. I wish I stayed with 1 spec the whole time

Thats all good if you never see the sun and have a chair permanently suck to your ass.

4 to 5 M+ a week? I get my 10 in and that's that. Don't have a would group so I pug.
    I was 66 in UH then was doing frost for fun during N and H clears then decided to stick with it 3 weeks before crucible. .. I wish I stayed with 1 spec the whole time
    Probably 4-5 alts. I'm doing it aswell. There's no point focusing only on 1 spec. The buff from concordance is exponentially worse. It's a fixed number. And it takes a lot of time to get to the upper level. Why bother ? Because you can have 300 more versatility than your friend ? Even thought you spent 50 days of /played ? I won't stop you.
    The only good thing is ofc the 3rd point bonus of the relic. But to get there, you'd need to spend a lot of time already, and by the time you get it, it'll probably be useless because of new stuffs coming like antorus or Battle of Azeroth. You're just hurting yourself imo.

Blizzard made this on purpose so that the nolifer won't gain a *lot* of advantage over the casuals. It's not healthy to play only 1 class and 1 spec for the entire game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    Probably 4-5 alts. I'm doing it aswell. There's no point focusing only on 1 spec. The buff from concordance is exponentially worse. It's a fixed number. And it takes a lot of time to get to the upper level. Why bother ? Because you can have 300 more versatility than your friend ? Even thought you spent 50 days of /played ? I won't stop you.
    The only good thing is ofc the 3rd point bonus of the relic. But to get there, you'd need to spend a lot of time already, and by the time you get it, it'll probably be useless because of new stuffs coming like antorus or Battle of Azeroth. You're just hurting yourself imo.

Blizzard made this on purpose so that the nolifer won't gain a *lot* of advantage over the casuals. It's not healthy to play only 1 class and 1 spec for the entire game.
    I agree with a lot of this. But within the past few weeks I see others topping me and reason being is they have all 3 traits on all 3 relics while I have 2 2 2 ... if they roll a good crucible , say a VP relic and 3rd trait is darkest crusade, they will excel naturally

- - - Updated - - -

Every incarnation of this game for 12 years one could do both specs. Not in Legion as I learned the hard way. Can't focus on both or you'll be behind like me