Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzard World Theme Park

Lets talk about it.

First off yes I understand it is a map for Overwatch. But what if Blizzard hinted this for us the community to decide or not to make this a reality?? I for one want this to be a real place. It looks like the hand map was made to be a full size theme park. Even the parking lots are referenced and named after mulocks.

Please lets make this a reality and come to life if we all want it blizzard will build it. (Proof Classic wow)

Thank you for reading ^_^
    Xenodrake (Shadowpriest) <Infallible>US 7th (T13) US 12th (T12) US 7th (T11)

Anticipation of Death is worse then Death itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenodrake View Post
    Lets talk about it.
    let's not

10char

As much as I would love to see it happen, I think it would be difficult to keep it profitable in the long-run and it may be seen as a bad investment. I know many theme parks are doing good at staying profitable, but others which sometimes represent franchises way bigger than Blizzard are struggling. I'm thinking in particular about Disneyland Paris which has been in financial struggle for yeaaaars.

But eh, it's California, so things are probably different there and maybe they would manage to make it work. I doubt it will happen, but I will absolutely love it if it does.

Quote Originally Posted by yolock View Post
    let's not
    I second this.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I second this.
    Thirdsies...

Lets talk about it.

First off yes I understand it is a map for Overwatch. But what if Blizzard hinted this for us the community to decide or not to make this a reality?? I for one want this to be a real place. It looks like the hand map was made to be a full size theme park. Even the parking lots are referenced and named after mulocks.

Please lets make this a reality and come to life if we all want it blizzard will build it. (Proof Classic wow)

maybe it would be profitable if it were running for maybe a month around blizzcon, from lets say 15.10. till 15.11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theme parks target audience is kids. I don't think that Blizzard's target audience is kids.

It disney bought blizzard, then used the warcraft, starcraft, diablo franchises to make big-budget movies, and if those movies were smash hits, then MAYBE they might consider a Blizzard World theme park.

Otherwise, no.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Lets talk about it.

Yes, asking will make it happen. Cuz making a very small strike team who work on bringing back something that already exist for close to no development costs is the same as creating a giant park.

I've asked Blizzard time and again to remove shit players from their game, look where we are now, they multiply and are never removed, we don't always get what we want.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Duckypoo View Post
    Thirdsies...
    4th this /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Yes, asking will make it happen. Cuz making a very small strike team who work on bringing back something that already exist for close to no development costs is the same as creating a giant park.
    Far more expensive than you probably realise. They have to re-develop patches for a lot of issues fixed in modern WoW that can't simply be copied over to Vanilla, re-develop the server program for modern hardware etc.. It's quite a lot of work even if they don't make any changes to the actual content. Computers have changed a lot in the last decade.

I legit thought they were coming out with a "rollercoaster tycoon" game but with Blizzard theme. I was excited while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    Theme parks target audience is kids. I don't think that Blizzard's target audience is kids.
    You are wrong

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Far more expensive than you probably realise. They have to re-develop patches for a lot of issues fixed in modern WoW that can't simply be copied over to Vanilla, re-develop the server program for modern hardware etc.. It's quite a lot of work even if they don't make any changes to the actual content. Computers have changed a lot in the last decade.
    Even all that is maybe 10% of what making an entire park would cost. We're talking about more materials, construction workers, designers, architects, transportation, buying/renting a land to put all these structures. It's fucking insane.

Re-releasing classic WoW is no reverse engineering retail. All the files still exist in their shit, they have to optimize stuff for current hardware and maybe make modification if they decide to cater to babies. Classic doesn't require any game designers, any artists, any level designers, any animators, any concept artists, any voice actors, any texture artists, fx artists. It's basically a bunch of programmers and technicians with like 1 director to lead the small team.

Quote Originally Posted by yolock View Post
    let's not

10char
    Im more than happy to talk about it, if you dont want to then dont bump and poison the thread with useless crap

Noticing a trend whereby people who don't want to talk about something feel the need to say so. Why waste your time clicking on the thread to begin with? This individual seems to be trying to talk about something that interests him. Even if someone has heard it or seen it before, then just walk along rather derailing the conversation. Met a curious individual that essentially claimed I was someone else earlier because I had viewpoints that didn't match him and that was apparently impossible.

As for the actual topic at hand: Some more depth would be appropriate -- and probably why some don't take the thread seriously.

Location?
    Rides?
    Themed Food?
    Size? The map itself is nice, but I think a realistic one could be much better and more accurate when it comes to design decisions that restricted to making the map playable and fun.

Maybe a Medivac ride similar to the Star Wars one at Disney land. Laser tag with Zerg. Replica of Dalaran along with the Stormwind Trade and Orgrimmar entrance. Maybe two entrances / exits that are Alliance / Horde Themed. Maybe a little bit of each racial city with a ride located in each of those zones within the WoW territory. Place where they sell booze is a Hearthstone / WoW Tavern and a Starcraft Tavern as well.

Unrealistic as a whole due to the costs associated with it all. But nice to talk about nonetheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doranian123 View Post
    You are wrong
    Could I please hear your argument?

7+ Year Old Account
    i would so go there every summer.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Lets talk about it.

First off yes I understand it is a map for Overwatch. But what if Blizzard hinted this for us the community to decide or not to make this a reality??
    Someone asked a question similar to this to them at Blizzcon. They made a couple joke answers to that. First was that it is set in the future so there is still time and the second was asking if they started a kickstarter for 8 million dollars would people donate.

Thats all it is tho, jokes. Overwatch - What's Next panel, question starts at about 35:45 if you have the virtual ticket and want to check.
    Last edited by Fenzha; 2017-11-09 at 08:24 PM.