Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Yea no. You are part of the problem. OP and many people are pointing out the idiocy of boasting for years of vanilla was a MUCH better game and it was so great and bla bla bla. And now that there is a possibility of a classic server coming out, people start saying Ehhhm yes lets have a classic server BUT this should change, and that should change, and this should be added.

Either classic WoW was amazing, and it would be great to bring it back and it can even have more subscription then the current expac etc etc.. as you were claiming for years

OR

Vanilla was the unbalanced/bugged mess that you were nostalgic about and now that the reality is sinking in you that it might become reality, you are pivoting.

You can't have your cake and eat it to. Make up your mind.
    I am not part of any problem mate, you just have a big board infront of your face that you are so black/white on seeing things. We all know Blizzard isn't going to release a copy paste of classic WoW.

Debuff Limit is one of those Balance changes, that was only there because more wasn't possible? Would you really not want that because ''IT WASN'T CLASSIC EXPERIENCE'' I want a great game. And I am very sure Blizzard knows what to do.
    Last edited by Niffo; 2017-11-09 at 03:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucerian View Post
    (Vanilla + pet QoL changes = better game) != objectively true statement.

There is no consensus on what changes would improve it. Try to please everyone and end up pleasing no one.

The target audience is former players of Classic, they want Classic.

I think there is a consensus that at least bug fixes would objectively improve it and probably a number of other changes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    He is right it is an objectively false statement and I have played classic more than anyone. It doesn't mean they should add them though but if you are saying tbc was a downgrade I would question whether you've actually played classic or just played 1.12 on a private server.
    Wtff???? Where did I say something about tbc?? Lol
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by internetheroxD View Post
    I've played vanilla and still find alot of shit from vanilla boring AF.
    Some stuff that sucked ass:
    No map in dungeons
    Having to use multiple FP's to get to where you're going
    Having to fill your bags with arrows as a hunter
    Having to kill 50 fucking crabs to get the 5 questitems you needed, YAY FUN!

That's just the tip of the iceberg, vanilla wasnt as awesome as people remember.
    then don't play it?

you have retail for all that shit you just mentioned.

every single person, who would play vanilla will want one small insignificant thing to change, I for one wouldnt hate having dual talent specs, but here's the thing.

if you give everyone what they want, then bam, it's literally nothing like vanilla, so what would be the point?

every single change to the game up till legion was an "improvement" in someone's mind, so if you put all that in, then welcome to legion.

also, I've been playing vanilla literally since release and i can't recall non connected flights be a thing, was that a thing?
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-11-09 at 04:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Nah, I am definitely going to be playing on the classic server once it comes out.. If it is the classic wow that I played for years while it was current content. Not the unholy abomination that will be born if blizz decides to come up with some "new" classic server, caving into crying babies that first cried for years to have a classic server and now crying to have the new things that they were dissing about in the "retail" game.
    Struggling to work out why you are here. What is it that you want out of classic, because your prior post reads as someone who could not care less about it. Why would you make a statement like this "Either classic WoW was amazing, and it would be great to bring it back and it can even have more subscription then the current expac etc etc.. as you were claiming for years" in the third person if you are a member of the group who wants pure vanilla. I have a feeling you are being disingenuous.

There are plenty of things that can be changed and improved on a classic server that would take nothing away from a classic experience...

For example I recently heard that there were no conncected flight paths in vanilla. You had to travel from 1 flight master to the next and restart the journey to your final destination at every flight master along the route....

I played in Vanilla (started 5/11/2005 according to my payment history) and I honestly don't even remember none connected flight paths being a thing and it wouldn't take anything away from the experience if it was changed. This is the sort of minor thing that might be changed but we aren't going to see major systems like dungeon finder, transmog etc. added.

If vanilla is successful they might have to add more than one server, so why not add two servers? One for Raw, unadultered, pure brutal Vanilla and other for Vanilla+ with some quality of life improvements.
    They already said they were not sure whether they'd stick to the 100% original experience or not. This way you don't need to compromise, keep a raw no changes vanilla experience and one with whatever crazy shenanigans people might want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Im sorry but WoW Classic is mostly targeted towards the players that used to play WoW and want to play the same game which they liked. New players who never played WoW will not complain if there are no QOL changes on the server simply because they never played WoW, and if they dislike it... go play the new expansion.
    You're wrong. Many people who never played WoW Classic will give it a shot, and they will be around if they like it. Many people who never played WoW at all might also try it out. And many people who played Classic and who might still play in private Classic servers will also enjoy some changes. If Blizzard gives the unchanged product and just keeps it at that forever and ever, Classic servers will die out pretty soon. I'm sorry, but that's just how it is.
    Last edited by mmoc2ebc293481; 2017-11-09 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabever View Post
    Who is this thread directed towards?
    You can't tell from the topic?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Knowing the content and requirements ahead of the curve is going to be somewhat of a detriment though even with Blizzard aiming for their authentic experience though.

Imagine having all the nature resist gear needed for the release of AQ since you've been farming it since 1.2. The end-game grind will be much more focused where any raider worth a slot will be prepared well in advance to make progression that much shorter especially now where we have tons of information at our disposal. Imagine clearing AQ40 in a week or less and your reward is five months till Naxx to which I am sure you'll already have your attunement costs for.

It's somewhat against the authentic experience in and of itself but there's really nothing they can do about it unless they meddle with the content cycle which only makes the overall experience shorter.

I'll still play it but that's one of the inherent nuances of going back.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2017-11-09 at 04:08 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

What if I want redoubt to proc when I am defense cap? Does that mean I don't want vanilla, or that I want legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Hewhoknows View Post
    You're wrong. Many people who never played WoW Classic will give it a shot, and they will be around if they like it. Many people who never played WoW at all might also try it out. And many people who played Classic and who might still play in Classic servers will also enjoy some changes. If Blizzard gives the unchanged product and just keeps it at that forever and ever, Classic servers will die out pretty soon. I'm sorry, but that's just how it is.
    World will end tomorrow, that how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Knowing the content and requirements ahead of the curve is going to be somewhat of a detriment though even with Blizzard aiming for their authentic experience though.

Imagine having all the nature resist gear needed for the release of AQ since you've been farming it since 1.2. The end-game grind will be much more focused where any raider worth a slot will be prepared well in advance to make progression that much shorter especially now where we have tons of information at our disposal. Imagine clearing AQ40 in a week or less and your reward is five months till Naxx to which I am sure you'll already have your attunement costs for.

It's somewhat against the authentic experience in and of itself but there's really nothing they can do about it unless they meddle with the content cycle which only makes the overall experience shorter.

I'll still play it but that's one of the inherent nuances of going back.
    You do understand you have to gear 40 people in a raid, that the raid only drops 2 pieces of gear per boss. No one will be clearing stuff "in a week." Let alone prepared for the next raid. It's a grind...while yeah, you will know some stuff before hand like Nature Resist, Frost Resist, and etc....still people need their tier sets, trinkets, and weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    And this list is the prime example why you are not getting the vanilla you think you are getting. Blizzard is not releasing something this broken in 2018-2019. It gonna be polished like shit and not be a vanilla server.
    But...

WoW classic is LITTERALLY a Classic Server...

It's not SUPPOSED to be a polished shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Fixed that for you. What you recall isn't a universal opinion. Some people remember the way it was, and we like it that way.

Vanilla was awesome, even the grindiness you mentioned.
    That's a staple of the RPG genre, Vanilla was one of the times when WoW still felt very heavily an RPG, the changes over the years stripped that away. Maybe he doesn't like RPG's?

Quote Originally Posted by oland138 View Post
    Does that mean I don't want vanilla, or that I want legion?
    You confuse me, is there secret 3rd option?

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I played Vanilla, and while it was fun back then, that was then.
    I'll try it, sure, but as soon as I hit a goddamn quest wall that has me hoofin' it across the continent to catch a boat to the other continent just to hoof it across that one, only to be sent right back to where I just was, odds are I say fuck it and go back to live.
    Back then, I could sit for a bunch of hours and grind out a few levels or BGs.
    Now? I don't usually have more than 2-3 hours at a time, if I'm lucky, and most of that is dedicated to the raid team.

It amazes me, people bitch about live having time sinks and such and how out of control it is.
    Vanilla WoW was one monster time sink.
    200+ hours to get to 60 (unless you had friends and a vast knowledge of the quests), countless more to farm gear, mats, hell even finding groups would take hours if you're unlucky in trade chat.
    Then you run dungeons that take over an hour just to see no loot drop, or if it does, some turd sandwich rolled need and won it.
    Grinding gold for mount riding... fun! Die scarlet assholes, gimme your runecloth and silver!
    Then you get a pally who thinks he can tank until the warrior goes ham and pulls threat and dies leading to a wipe because the priest went oom because he wasn't using downranked spells to conserve mana... bad memories, ho!

It was fun, but as a "veteran" who played it, it will be a part time novelty at best for me, especially if they leave it true "vanilla", which btw, they most likely won't.
    Odds are they "remaster" it to make it more inviting to non-sadists (casuals... ew.... dirty word), adding some levels of convenience to it.

Blizzard wants to choose whether to release either 1.11/1.12, or 1.0...

One has a bunch of bugs, the other is the PERFECT Vanilla.

For me, I want 1.11/1.12.

However, it would be COOL if Blizzard went from 1.0, to 1.12. Slowly, but surely.

Ya know? To give the good olde' Vanilla experience.

Quote Originally Posted by njams View Post
    The problem is, is that we already know now what speccs will be shit and what speccs will dominate. It won't work, people will FOTM because they already know how every class will play, and what not to play. It would be a stupid move by Blizzard if they just simply copy pasted everything from Vanilla without fine tuning some stuff. The only reason I am trying to discuss this is I want to play Classic as much as you do, but I don't want it to fail and be something that will eventually be deserted because no new players will be attracted to it. People who played Vanilla will not play the game forever, you've got to keep that in mind. It also needs new players.
    This is literally the entire discussion Blizzard had when they said people don't really want vanilla. It's because vanilla was pretty much shit lol. And I think an important part of getting vanilla back is not just for the people who truly want it, but also to make a lot of other people realize that they are stupid and asked for something they didn't even know they don't want, cuz in their head it's embellished and they keep comparing vanilla to retail, saying it was so much better back then. Which, as well both know, it's absolutely not the case.

Also, people were doing fotm back then as well, everyone ended up playing what the game forced them to play. It was less visible because people were newbs for longer, rerolling took longer, and outside discussions like forums and guides and stuff were way less popular. So it seemed less of a thing but it was still what happened. People think everyone hard crazy original builds in vanilla, that's such bullshit, everyone had the same points in the same talents just like today except people who had no idea what they were doing, that's why blizzard changed it (to a not much better version I agree).

So in the end it comes down to this:
    Do we want an improved version of vanilla that pleases more people? Which proves that vanilla was shit and Blizzard was right when they said we don't want it, so everyone who ever said "vanillas was so much better than this shit" was completely wrong.
    Do we want the true version of vanilla as we experienced it, knowing it will fail because of it's many flaws. Once again, proving that vanilla was shit and we only loved it cuz we didn't know any better?

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    I played Vanilla, and while it was fun back then, that was then.
    I'll try it, sure, but as soon as I hit a goddamn quest wall that has me hoofin' it across the continent to catch a boat to the other continent just to hoof it across that one, only to be sent right back to where I just was, odds are I say fuck it and go back to live.
    Back then, I could sit for a bunch of hours and grind out a few levels or BGs.
    Now? I don't usually have more than 2-3 hours at a time, if I'm lucky, and most of that is dedicated to the raid team.

It amazes me, people bitch about live having time sinks and such and how out of control it is.
    Vanilla WoW was one monster time sink.
    200+ hours to get to 60 (unless you had friends and a vast knowledge of the quests), countless more to farm gear, mats, hell even finding groups would take hours if you're unlucky in trade chat.
    Then you run dungeons that take over an hour just to see no loot drop, or if it does, some turd sandwich rolled need and won it.
    Grinding gold for mount riding... fun! Die scarlet assholes, gimme your runecloth and silver!
    Then you get a pally who thinks he can tank until the warrior goes ham and pulls threat and dies leading to a wipe because the priest went oom because he wasn't using downranked spells to conserve mana... bad memories, ho!

It was fun, but as a "veteran" who played it, it will be a part time novelty at best for me, especially if they leave it true "vanilla", which btw, they most likely won't.
    Odds are they "remaster" it to make it more inviting to non-sadists (casuals... ew.... dirty word), adding some levels of convenience to it.
    They aren't going to change those things. Video Games are meant to be time sinks. Just because you don't think you'll have the time means others don't. Plus it'll let the younger crowd experience the game you did when you first played it at 16. That's what nostalgia is for, I doubt Blizzard is going to change it much at all. The only thing I think they might do is, is adjust some of the back end so the servers are more stable from back then. They don't want ridiculously long login times, and the server crashes that would happen due to stability problems.