Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    So how does someone getting the old ZG tiger mount in classic mode or a full set of Frostfire effect you while you are playing BFA? I am still at a loss as to why you care.
    Frostfire doesn't effect me cause that's already for sale on BMAH.

Mounts and other transmog still should not carry over from the classic to expansion-game and if you see, multiple people are saying the same.

Go troll them or something, because I am not changing my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    The way I picture it, live and classic will be shared. In classic you cannot use the mounts you have in live, but unlocking a item that was made unobtainable in the past does grant it as a transmo option in live (with transmo being absent in classic). The same would go for mounts, pets...

I may add that I believe this way because people will need motivation to play classic and Blizzard knows this. One may argue we got spoiled with achievements but it is what it is.
    Getting to level 60, for example, could unlock an achievement for the live counterpart. Same goes for clearing AQ or MC. People seldom raid as it is, I cannot imagine seeing 40 people banding together when even putting 10 in the same raid can prove hard.
    You really think they are going to do this? I would bet thousands that the only connections they make is subscription and battlenet chat.

I can not fathom that they'd insult those who have these rare mounts, mogs (not to mention those that paid high amounts of gold on the blackmarket AH) by making them available this way.

I'm almost speechless that people would even think that this would happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    Because some of them probably think it's just another server instead of a different client through the battle.net system.
    I played HotS to get a mount. Pretty sure those are entire different games/servers as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Frostfire doesn't effect me cause that's already for sale on BMAH.

Mounts and other transmog still should not carry over from the classic to expansion-game and if you see, multiple people are saying the same.

Go troll them or something, because I am not changing my opinion.
    And those multiple people you speak of are dictating elitists as well.

And the only troll is you and your terrible opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    I played HotS to get a mount. Pretty sure those are entire different games/servers as well
    Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard did something like this with Classic. Hit X level and receive Y reward. It would help bring in a surge of players, sure some would do X to get the reward and leave but others may stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Out of context, sure.
    So you're not going to tell me what you meant? Okies. I'll just disregard it as meaningless drivel.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    So you're not going to tell me what you meant? Okies. I'll just disregard it as meaningless drivel.
    You took the time to Google BMA, play WoW, but don't search BMA WoW.. I accidentally missed the H, but in terms on WoW I guess it must mean Black Male Adult.

You'll make a great addition to mmo-c staff.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Rootkitt View Post
    You really think they are going to do this? I would bet thousands that the only connections they make is subscription and battlenet chat.

I can not fathom that they'd insult those who have these rare mounts, mogs (not to mention those that paid high amounts of gold on the blackmarket AH) by making them available this way.

I'm almost speechless that people would even think that this would happen.
    For the last decade or so, only people who played in the second half of 2006 and progressed through Naxxramas at level 60 could brag that they truly experienced that raid the way it was meant to be experienced. It was a moment of the game's history only they got to see that way. Sure, some people cleared it in BC (not that many I suppose, since they didn't have the incentives that exist today), and everyone else got to see the lvl 80 version, but it was never the same.

Now Blizzard has accepted to reopen this piece of history for everyone to experience forever and you think that is ok, but mounts and transmogs are not?

BMAH is no guarantee that the product you buy is or will forever be worth the price you paid for it. And if you want my opinion it is more insulting than any handout, the closest thing this game has to "pay to win". BMAH blankets too many items that are exclusive to it now, but used to mean something entirely different in the past. Difficult achievements become easy all the time, it's the natural progression of the game... but seeing someone on a Plagued Protodrake and thinking "well, maybe he was very skilled in WotLK, but most likely he bought it" pisses on what that item represents more than if it had simply stayed in game like all the other Glory mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

You took the time to Google BMA, play WoW, but don't search BMA WoW.. I accidentally missed the H, but in terms on WoW I guess it must mean Black Male Adult.
    In terms of WoW, and maybe Hearthstone, it should mean "Bad Manners Ace".

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post

In terms of WoW, and maybe Hearthstone, it should mean "Bad Manners Ace".
    Thread: Classic servers and access to retired mounts (and mogs)
    Reading hard?

Reading hard?
    I was just making a joke, man, no need to be upset.

You'll make a great addition to mmo-c staff.
    Ahhh black market auction house. Makes sense now.

I thought you were insulting me, not telling me to go buy stuff (since the alternative definition of BMA was rude and offensive).

I apologize for responding in the way I did then. I mistook you for acting aggressive towards me.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Anyone that think classic is just going to be a type of server is probably going to be disappointed in some way, vanilla is a completely different code base to the current version because of this it would run through a completely separate client. If blizzard are planning on just setting up classic servers then it wont be the vanilla you are expecting.

I was just making a joke, man, no need to be upset.
    Having a lol, or haha would complement the text. Everything on mmo-c is a slippery slope.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myr010 View Post
    Anyone that think classic is just going to be a type of server is probably going to be disappointed in some way, vanilla is a completely different code base to the current version because of this it would run through a completely separate client. If blizzard are planning on just setting up classic servers then it wont be the vanilla you are expecting.
    They did well with MC anniversary, I think they will do well with classic.

why peoples think that anything outside vanilla game will be in classic lol ? if blizzard put things from BC and more, its not classic vanilla server anymore, the only exception being the graphic , so playing a vanilla experience with hd graphic is fine but nothing else should be in it

anyway..

i just can't wait to see people crying about how those servers will be too hard for them
    -omg, where my transmog ??
    -omg what are those 15 man dungeon and so hard ?!
    -omg it take months to farm the gold necessary for the epik mount !
    -etc..etc...

I
    CAN'T
    WAIT
    THE
    QQ
    xD

Having a lol, or haha would complement the text. Everything on mmo-c is a slippery slope.
    Sorry, lame joke I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    why peoples think that anything outside vanilla game will be in classic lol ? if blizzard put things from BC and more, its not classic vanilla server anymore, the only exception being the graphic , so playing a vanilla experience with hd graphic is fine but nothing else should be in it
    I don't think you read my post correctly, I don't want WoW Classic changed, I simply want access to some of the retired mounts in Standard, with or without the need to play Classic. I'm willing to accept whatever option best serves the interests of both parties as long as I can get the mounts.

Sorry, lame joke I guess.

I don't think you read my post correctly, I don't want WoW Classic changed, I simply want access to some of the retired mounts in Standard, with or without the need to play Classic. I'm willing to accept whatever option best serves the interests of both parties as long as I can get the mounts.
    I think BMAH is the answer still; however on the retired mounts I think we're boned. They are probably the rarest in game, and remain scarce like Atiesh, corrupted Ashbringer, challenge armor/weapons, and MoP/WoD legendary items.

You just have to accept the fact that you missed out on it, having them is nothing more than bragging rights, and once they can be obtained again they lose all of that flare.

Having those items in classic, won't be the same as having them in live, and I think that will eventually kill the desire of classic.

You just have to accept the fact that you missed out on it, having them is nothing more than bragging rights, and once they can be obtained again they lose all of that flare.
    I will say it as many times as it takes, but that argument could have been made about Classic as a whole. Since Classic servers are happening, it lost all meaning, it would be sheer hypocrisy to make it. The items should become available in Standard, the question is how:

1. Through playing on Classic realms.

Advantages:

- They present more or less the same challenge as they did originally.
    - If Blizzards wants to lure people into Classic (i.e. because there are too few active people), it is good incentive.

Disadvantages:

- Classic lacks the proper interface to track collections, and adding it would harm the integrity of the experience.
    - Blizzard may specifically not want Standard and Classic players to mix, because they have different mindsets, and assuming they already play on either server, it's a zero gain for Blizzard if they switch.

2. Through playing on Standard.

Advantages:

- The games stay separate, people can't make a solid argument for merging collections or allowing transfers, because Classic realms don't have exclusive rewards.
    - They get more out of the time spent redeveloping Classic if they can reuse part of that to also give Standard players something extra to do.

Disadvantages:

- More likely to make the argument that Standard didn't "earn" those rewards properly, depending how they are implemented.
    - Classic has to stand on its own, with no special incentives to draw players from Standard.

Depending on where you stand philosophically, some of those advantages can be bad and some of the disadvantages can be non-issues. The most important thing is whether or not Blizzard intends to encourage any spillover from Standard to Classic. Classic fans seem to be convinced those servers will be super popular, and I hope they will be, but on the off-chance that they aren't, it will be very difficult to gather 40 people to raid, so a bit of incentive just to make that experience possible for a while might be helpful.
    Last edited by Coconut; 2017-11-09 at 08:21 PM.

I will say it as many times as it takes, but that argument could have been made about Classic as a whole. Since Classic servers are happening, it lost all meaning, it would be sheer hypocrisy to make it. The items should become available in Standard, the question is how:

1. Through playing on Classic realms.

Advantages:

- They present more or less the same challenge as they did originally.
    - If Blizzards wants to lure people into Classic (i.e. because there are too few active people), it is good incentive.

Disadvantages:

- Classic lacks the proper interface to track collections, and adding it would harm the integrity of the experience.
    - Blizzard may specifically not want Standard and Classic players to mix, because they have different mindsets, and assuming they already play on either server, it's a zero gain for Blizzard if they switch.

2. Through playing on Standard.

Advantages:

- The games stay separate, people can't make a solid argument for merging collections or allowing transfers, because Classic realms don't have exclusive rewards.
    - They get more out of the time spent redeveloping Classic if they can reuse part of that to also give Standard players something extra to do.

Disadvantages:

- More likely to make the argument that Standard didn't "earn" those rewards properly, depending how they are implemented.
    - Classic has to stand on its own, with no special incentives to draw players from Standard.

Depending on where you stand philosophically, some of those advantages can be bad and some of the disadvantages can be non-issues. The most important thing is whether or not Blizzard intends to encourage any spillover from Standard to Classic. Classic fans seem to be convinced those servers will be super popular, and I hope they will be, but on the off-chance that they aren't, it will be very difficult to gather 40 people to raid, so a bit of incentive just to make that experience possible for a while might be helpful.
    Problems being:

1. Feeling forced to play classic for x reward.
    2. Loss of prestige.

Blizzard isn't trying to get people hooked on vanilla, vanilla is marketing to get people hooked on cookies and cream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problems being:

1. Feeling forced to play classic for x reward.
    2. Loss of prestige.

Blizzard isn't trying to get people hooked on vanilla, vanilla is marketing to get people hooked on cookies and cream.
    1. Nobody is being forced. I never understood how anything is forced. If they said you had to level to 60 on classic before playing BFA, then that would be forced. These are just cosmetic rewards.

2. The whole "Prestige" nonsense is made up by snowflakes who can't handle other people closing the gap on their own ego. Besides, if Vanilla is truly Vanilla, then getting any of these rewards would be just as hard as they were so therefore ... if you couldn't get it in Vanilla, you probably won't be able to get it in Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    1. Nobody is being forced. I never understood how anything is forced. If they said you had to level to 60 on classic before playing BFA, then that would be forced. These are just cosmetic rewards.

2. The whole "Prestige" nonsense is made up by snowflakes who can't handle other people closing the gap on their own ego. Besides, if Vanilla is truly Vanilla, then getting any of these rewards would be just as hard as they were so therefore ... if you couldn't get it in Vanilla, you probably won't be able to get it in Classic.
    You're right, no body is being forced, but that is the argument every time something in game comes up from questing to raiding. Prestige is a thing, that is why we have achievements, mythic raids, challenge armor / weapons, and mage tower.

It is silly to think otherwise.